Reviews for The Wallpaper
DraugFaeg chapter 17 . 7/23/2011
yay) Thanks for this amazing story)
hotxhotguy chapter 2 . 6/11/2011
good story!
Guest chapter 17 . 5/27/2011
I loved it! I loved how you incorporated all the characters to make different personalities! :D it was an awesome story, so much angst! :D
tigress eyes chapter 17 . 8/16/2010
MMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

!

Shuichi was alive! I honestly contemplated skipping the end of this chapter when he was shot. Seriously. I'm glad I finished it!

So, I'm not sure if you will ever read this because the story is finished and you have already put so much heart and soul into it and probably don't ever check reviews to stories that you completed already. However, I have this burning desire to give you my thoughts and feeling on this story.

All in all, the story was pretty original and I think the roles that the characters played fit rather well. Tohma being the evil "mob boss" and K being the C.I.A. agent was really appealing to me. Well done with that. Most of the characters were a wee bit out of character, but that is to be expected with an AU story. I find that you did this reasonably and with good taste. The overall diction and structure of the story was also quite good; I did see a progression where the writing got better from the beginning to the end. That is a good sign of how an author perfects her art.

There were a couple things that bothered me a bit, and the first was Shuichi's personality. I would have liked to see him with some more of his childish attributes, though this is a minor preference. When he was talking about loving Eiri for the good and the bad, the gentleness and the reasurence, that was brilliant. Beautiful. Perfect.

The biggest thing that I found frustrating in this story was the theme about the wall paper. I LOVE THIS THEME. You stated wonderfully that the plot was gearing towards finding the multiple layers that people live through and how you must learn to peel back the ugly wall paper. This was so fantastic and amazing, and yet I feel cheated somehow.

There were lots of references to the ugly wall paper; I got that. But I wanted more about the layers that were being peeled back, what specifically were these layers. Obviously one layer was Eiri's past and his acceptance of it. Another could possibly the love Eiri and Shuichi share: the final foundation that the wall paper was covering up. BUT there are so many other layers that you could explore with their relationaship. The sexual layer, the fear layer, possibly a layer about taboo. I don't know if this is coming out the way that I want it to, but I feel that this theme of the wall paper covering up their love could have stretched deeper then it was. The theme was there, I just felt like it was teasing the surface rather then diving into the true complexity of their situation.

What I was writing above may just be some mumbo jumbo, and I apologize if it does not make any sense. And it is only the opinion of some random manga lover that cannot get enough Eiri/Shuichi action. I'm also planning on writing as a career, so I like discussing things of this nature in hopes that I spring some inspiration to a fellow writer.

Overall, I was really impressed with this story. The writing was outstanding, and I cannot even start rambling about you greatness without getting lost amongst the jibberish. It would sound something like, "".

Yah. About that. I have know idea if you will ever read this, but I feel better writing you my review. Thank you so much for this story, and I'm looking foreard to seeing more of your work in the future.
Arcus Pluvius chapter 17 . 3/4/2010
Aw, the end was cute! But how could you let Eiri leave Shuichi alone for so long? I cried a bit because he had been so hurt!

The only bit i didn't like was when you killed Shuichi's best friends! I love Hiro so much, he is so sweet! That made me cry so much!

This was a great story and very well writen. I love it! Keep writing.
Choxolip chapter 17 . 2/21/2010
Aw...it ended ;_;

I really felt for this story, (my guess) like how hope is lost in situations because of how many people have failed, but if you're lucky enough to survive all that, it's still tough...

Tch, and I really thought Shu-chan was two feet under...AND that there was no hope between them again...but then they still stayed together...:3 lovely story :)
Choxolip chapter 16 . 2/21/2010
Brutually honest? Okay I'll do my best...

I think that this story is ending roughly fast...

and the thing that bothers me is that Shuichi doesn't look like to have an important role in this story other than to be Yuki's lover and comfort...like he's all left in the dust and not really doing much about it...

Yes, the writing's more sarcastic and less detailed than before but eh...I know it's hard having a life and writing stuff at the same time...
Choxolip chapter 14 . 2/21/2010
Your auntie's quote rocks! Yes unnecesary angst indeed...MAH! no...Hiro and Suguru ;_;
Choxolip chapter 10 . 2/21/2010
Luckily I caught this story when it's completed seeing the huge update time gap O.O Really interesting storyline and I like how you don't go too much into detail. :P

Just wondering, how tall is Shuichi? In some of the beginning chapters, it said,

"Before him, or should he say below him, stood a small kid with bright pink hair..." in chapter one...

and then "Eiri leaned upward kissing Shuichi's ear..." in chapter 4...

...I'm thinking of the Shuichi in the anime, are you focusing on the Shuichi in the manga?

and also WOW, such much injuries...I hope you're okay and walking :D
Alenei chapter 17 . 1/2/2010
This has got to be one of the greatest stories I have ever read. It was filled with such suspense and emotion, that was written so well! It's easy to see the pain, and the change that came with this story, and it has left a HUGE impression on me. But although this story you have created is absolutely INCREDIBLE, I can't help but feel there were quite a few loose ends... what ever happened to the prostitute's son? Or Ryuuichi? You gave them quite a bit of development, but not much answers. And what exactly happened to Shuichi after he was shot, etc? Nonetheless, this was a beautifully written story, and reading it was very worthwhile. Thank you a million times over for sharing! _

~Kaji
idontsurf chapter 17 . 11/3/2009
This has to be quite possibly the best fanfic I've ever read. I have work in about 2 hours and it's 2 am, but I couldn't stop reading. What an emotional roller coaster. Hiro and Suguru dying a lovers' death, Tohma's demented sadism and corruption, the macabre that wrought Eiri's entire being, the rawness of Shuichi's devotion and the raping of his innocent soul... But in the end, the metaphor of the wallpaper rang loudly. Just as easily as something so ugly could be put up and be a constant symbol of the ugly world, it can be ripped out and replaced with something beautiful. At least that's what I got from it. Thanks for the story. What a lovely, compelling read.
rarestlove27 chapter 17 . 10/25/2009
Im in tears right now... I thought that Shu died! I almost stopped reading it but I pushed myself to finish. Great story. Tohma was so mean! And I was sad that Hiro ans Suguru had to die. That part made be cry so hard...

All in all its a great story. Im glad I read it.

:D
bitbyboth chapter 17 . 10/6/2009
AH! Shuichi didn't die! X3 I thought for sure that he had! I'm happy-it's a realistic ending and it made me happy! Great job!

~Bitbyboth
Gaara's Lovely Lady chapter 17 . 10/6/2009
Nice story. I liked the ending.
Dahlia's Note chapter 17 . 9/19/2009
OMG, i LOVED the ending

I have to admit... I wanted to stop reading half way through, believing Shuichi was dead was also something I couldn't bare!

I hoped Yuki wasnt going crazy when he saw Shuichi, and then my heart swelled when he was real

Both of them have gone through so much, Im really glad it had a happy ending.

I can finally rest easy... that is, until you write some new and then Im in for another emotional, terrifying, beautiful, amazing story :)

ah - has it really been 3 years?

So I guess, haha, till next time huh?

I'll be waiting :)