Reviews for A Hate of Mushrooms
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 1 . 3/21
coli narago not logged in chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Oh, wow. That's rough. The only person he let himself be emotionally attached to, because he knew that he couldn't bear to lose anyone. Why did the one person that Roy had, the only single human being in the world that he could trust, the only ONE who actually knew him. Why, of all of the people in the military, why did he have to be the one to die?

Anorak Myth chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Dude! This is awesome!

I especially loved this part:

"How could Hughes be gone? How could Maes Hughes, his best friend, his most trusted companion, his brother in everything but blood, be dead? How could he be gone? How? How? HOW?"

Poor Roy.

Anyway, really good job! *favs*
BAFFDWTWFMAfan chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
Nice. Sad. Thanks for sharing.
Tangled in the Supernatural chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
omg, this is sad, I think that episode 25 was my least favorite episode... I actually cried over this fictional story... I really liked Maes... you captured Roy very well here though... it was pretty much what I thought would be going on in his head... sad though... really
Griselda Banks chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
Wow, that was REALLY sad; it made me almost as sad as I was when I saw this episode of the anime for the first time. I can't even think of the words to use to express the depth of emotion in this piece. Very, very good. Characterization? Spot on. I'm very pleased to have found such a truthful testimony to Hughes and Mustang's friendship, without falling into the mire of sickly, uncanon slash. I commend you; keep writing! _
Kaori-chan92 chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
I almost cried reading was so strong and showed a perfect combination of Roy's anger,sadness,and the things he was thinking while trying to keep his military pose. It was so perfect,and as SpaceRoses said,potent and painful. There are lots of similar fics and such like this,but I think this is the only one that truly touched me. You're one of my favorite writers,so we better see more of your stuff.)

Also,I loved that you titled this "A Hate of Mushrooms" and not something like "Regret" or "At the Funeral". If you did that,I'd have probably looked at the summary and not bother reading it.(I don't mean this to offend you in any way,this is meant as a compliment)

The only bad(well,not really) comment I have is that Maes wasn't found in a canal and he probably did die in some pain. He was shot in the chest/heart and was left to bleed to death or to die of lead poisoning in the street by himself.(I know that sounds crude,but that's what happened)We know his body wasn't moved afterward because as soon as he shot him,Envy just walked away.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 11/24/2006
-sniff-sniff-sniff- Wah! -starts to cry hysterically- Why Hughes, why? This is a very potent and painful story, episode 25 is one of the hardest ones to watch in the anime, simply for this scene. Great job interpreting it and Mustang's thoughts. That parts where he's talking about how much he hates the people who are there simply because they came because they had heard of Hughes, and the parts about the fairy tale that Hughes had probebly told Elysia about his work place. Great job on this story and I hope to see more from you soon!