Reviews for Waking Up
Paosheep chapter 2 . 3/14/2010
In a word?

I was a little disappointed in Soun, for letting a strange boy with romantic intention for his youngest stay in his house. Especially since their mutual "love" is about as real as Kuno's is in canon; that is, based entirely upon psychological delusions.

Ranma and Akane I forgive, because they are now irresponsible horny teenagers, doing what irresponsible horny teenagers do. And, to be honest, I shouldn't have expected anything else from you as an author. Also, as you point out, there's no real sport in hunting plotholes in this fic.

Other than that: the way you executed this idea was perfect, and I especially loved the gradual slide of awareness. The subdued tone, the sheer normalcy, and the overall lack of panic are so odds with the series that the whole thing felt rather eerie.

Have you ever seen The Outer Limits? This fic left me feeling like a lot of that shows episodes do. It's like... it feels so fundamentally _wrong_ and yet, at the end, life moves on, and nobody even really misses the old way.

Out of all your fics, this is the one I choose as the unofficial end to the series, plotholes and all. This is because, once I finished reading it, I found myself unable to read anything else Ranma related until the next day. It has a definite sense of finality to it that is very rare, and which I find utterly delectable.
Shadowalker666 chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Interesting idea and well done i thought. Very glad you still kept Akane and Ranma together since as i have said befor it is the only pairing i find myself able to like in this series.
SuperLardBucket chapter 2 . 8/11/2009
That was absolutely phenominal! I couldn't have done it better myself.
Lian Ryu chapter 2 . 6/2/2009
*falls over laughing* oh my goodness! Sorry but I think the best tidbit was in the end with Ryoga. *snickers* ... gah going to be giggling all day from this now I hope you know! ... *laughs*
BrazeRancor chapter 2 . 2/8/2009
Fantastic! Quite the ride, I must say. I can't see what you were worried about, really. The majority of the plothole this may have created seemed to seal themselves just fine.

What I found unusual was how you treated the characters you normally mistreat, though this is a pleasnt surprise since it proves that you dont allow your personal likes and dislike effect the story unneccessarily (A fault woth many writers). Nothing particually bad happed to Shampoo for example, yet Kodachi (Who you seem to usually leave moderately undamamged) get incarcerated.

My respect for you has soared to new heights.
Kaywi chapter 2 . 7/18/2008
Nice job, I really enjoyed this fanfic. However, I'd like to point out a few things... first of all, it seems in many of your fanfics you make Akane too strong. Akane is a martial artist but trains mostly just to keep fit. Ranma is a hundred times more skilled even without his special moves. Also, I highly suggest not putting this fanfic under Mature because there is nothing in here that is explicit. You did write that they made love, but you did not state how and therefore it can be put under Teen, where I'm sure you will get many more readers for this wonderful story. Excellent job, otherwise... I'm glad to see the real characters behind the chaos and you interpreted it very well. Plus, the part about the condoms was pure genius. Akane wouldn't have condoms in her room out of her own will. That would be very OOC. Nabiki on the other hand would be willing to do anything... xD

Excellent job, again.
Memey123 chapter 2 . 5/28/2008
a very good story! great twist.,! keep up the good wrok especially on your next story cause sure it will be a good story., take care!
mysterychild chapter 2 . 5/5/2008
Oh man, this was hilarious! :D I loved the ending!
Dracomancer1 chapter 2 . 4/18/2008
Wow. this story is interesting to say the least. while i really do enjoy everyone coming to their senses and all, taking away the craziness and superpoweredness of ranma just makes it an average life story. but i still like this story, so i will continue to read it.
Shidoin chapter 2 . 2/7/2008
Wow, that was a very interesting twist of the story! I must say that I really enjoyed reading it! Well done!
Princess Lena aka Lady Kittuna chapter 2 . 2/4/2008
Please make a sequel or another chapter. I want to know who Herb, Mint, Lime, and Taro are. Keep up the good work.
aynomayac chapter 2 . 9/26/2007
i really enjoyed the story! the ending was perfect!

thank you.
Where the gras is greener chapter 2 . 9/22/2007
The point that makes this story remarkable isn't its style, or characterisation, but the very plot idea it is based on. Please don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike your view of the characters - though I have to admit I would have handled them differently - nor your style of words. I just do not feel like you did the idea justice. I am not talking about the plot holes - which would have been quite an ordeal - but the length of your story. It is such a great idea that anything short of 20,0 words is mistreatment.

How lengthen?

You could have tried to fill the plot holes. (Though it sounds accusing I only state the fact)

You could have expanded on the characters, instead of letting it all fall swiftly in place.

The major device of shortcuting the realigning to reality by an antidote could have been left out. Thereby you would have been able to show the progress of the characters instead of “just” reshaping their world and them in the process.

But all in all a very good story.

The-Shadow002 chapter 2 . 9/10/2007
Oh man, that was without doubt one of the FUNNIEST stories that I have ever had the great pleasure to read. Good lord I haven't laught that much for a while heh. It was a great idea and not only that it was written very well, realistic, in character - as much as they had any character at all heh. Great work.
Rose1948 chapter 2 . 7/10/2007
*roflmao* This is quite the rib-tickler!
56 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »