Reviews for Cúchulainn
Guest chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
I really like this! However, is there any possibilty that you would do an epilouge? You know, of the faries (especially foaly, mulch and holly) coming out of hiding and finding out that artemis was dead? Anyway, just want to say that it was the little things that made this fic so great to read, like : he hated the bomber jacket. You got artemis's point of veiw to the extent no other writer (that i've read, and i've read a lot) has! Well done! You may not be eoin colfer, but you write just as well as him!
Elmo's Fluffy Wife chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Just... brilliant.

Like, I don't know what else to say - I'm literally at a loss for words.

So dark.

So realistic.

So personal.

So upsetting.

So brilliant.
insertwittyreferencehere chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Oh... this is so sad and profound at the same time. You know, I can't help but think that it would be really great to have this whole thing, but from Butler's pov. I don't know why. Sad, kinda depressing, but I'm glad i read it. Good job!
FoolForYou chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I have been searching for this fic for years.

It is that good.

You are amazing, the plot is heartbreaking and I cried (a good thing in this case), the characterisations are spot on, Butler and Juliet are amazing and human and Artemis' pain and grief and anger is so palpable.

I love love love the quote.
13thadaption chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Le gasp! What have you done to my Artemis!

But seriously it's good. Reasons:

A) It's slick (not pretentious). In my humble opinion you went about formatting this the right way. I like the numbered sections; like literary snapshots they lend the story a certain brevity despite its length.

B) It doesn't dwell on anything fairy-related. Personal preference, but I think keeping the story in 'our' world keeps it mature.

C) I think you handled Artemis's dual morality/amorality well. I find it Arty's most endearing quality, and am disappointed when it's handled badly or ignored completely.

D)Section 20: "As he crunched the metallic door handle downward, Juliet’s voice called up from the floor: “Arty?”

Artemis knew instantly exactly the connection she was trying to make. He turned around to face her, and studied her complexion. At this, her eyes went momentarily bright and hopeful, and her face regained a little colour, which, in truth, made Artemis feel a twinge of pride; she was cunning girl. But, still, not nearly as cunning as Artemis Fowl.

“You are not my Mother,” he said airily."

I love this section. I'm normally indifferent to Juliet, but this made her interesting. I also love what this passage says about Artemis's character, that bit about pride is going to stick to me for a long time.

E) I like your vision of the afterlife at the end. I feared for a moment that the ghost was going to be his mother and the scene was going to descend into a tearful reunion. Silly me. Cúchulainn is awesome.

P.S. I think your trouble in section 14 is because it's where you display Artemis' reasoning. It's not a bad job at all, but Artemis is perhaps meant to be rather inscrutable?
AllieMarii chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Wow...I really like it. Slightly confusing, but very good.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
... *sighs* ...

tis a sad day that life must be taken for it to continue,

brittney
deannapiggy chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
I really liked it. I don't think that I will ever be able to look at Artemis the same way again. I specifically enjoyed the ending. I don't think there could have been a better end for it. I rate it the best Artemis Fowl fanfic I've read so far.

-Deannapiggy
Ladyfingers chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
this was heartbraking
Avocado chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
DUDE. Great stuff, here. Loved it. :)d
tomeofenigmas chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
What the hell? Only twenty reviews? This is an outrage!

Needless to say, I think you deserve more. A LOT more. Your story was AWESOME. You kept Artemis in character here, methinks, and you are amazaing at developing plots and characters. A real word wizard, I swear! Keep writing! PLEASE! I'M BEGGING YOU! You have a lot of talent. I can't say potential because that's talent you're not using and I think it's safe to say that you're utilizing your talents pretty well.
Theatrical Llama chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Completely amazing... I'm in shock over this. You managed to make the reader disapprove Artemis's decision, yet still understand it and hope, in some deep, twisted, dark part of their heart, that he succeeds. The only problem I had was the heaven thing at the end. As a non-believer who attends a Catholic school, I always have a bit of trouble with cynicism when religion gets mentioned. It's not as if I hate religious people... It's just that the added "and then he went to heaven" was a bit too... I don't know how to describe it. The ending just wasn't my cup of tea.

Anyway, your story still was incredible, and I hope you keep writing!
GoogleRocket chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Ehmagawd.

That was bloody brilliant!

I was going through some unbearable fics before yours came up. It was like a gem amongst piles of coals! Wow!

I was absolutely moved by the descriptions. They transcended typical descriptions. They created a sense of surreality throughout the whole story, but the believable type.

The emotions were portrayed just excellently. Artemis, Butler, and Juliet's feelings were written so well that I could just imagine myself as a fly on the wall looking down on the scene. Also, when Artemis finds he's guessed wrong in the time he has left, I was just touched by the raw emotion present.

And one of the best parts was the characterization. Artemis' thoughts and words were just so Artemis, and Butler's personality in that he was driving Artemis although Juliet would probably never completely forgive him for it and he would lose Artemis was just so Butler. The characterization took my breath away in the accuracy of it.

The plot was designed excellently. I love how you managed to put in the past, the reasons, the present, and the possible future in a 90 word one-shot without making it seemed the tiniest bit rushed.

There are so many other points that I find utterly fantastic about this story, but it would probably take a page to write about all of them. Bottom line is, you did such a brilliant job with this story. You brightened up my evening. :D
BellaLugosi chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
interesting. i liked it. a lot. keep writing babe. you got the gift.
Shadow Dancer666 chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
this was interesting, to say the least. i do wonder why he didn't go to hell.