Reviews for Cities of the Future
WarQueen chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
This is very strange. And very entertaning at the same time.
numb-butt chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Beautiful, dark, and intreging. If I must say so myself; I couldn't help but feel compelled to read to the very end. And despite loving Axel in all his sexiness, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this wouldn't turn out to be another happy ending story. It's a nice change of pace to find something so alluring as this.

I love Roxas' character, he's very interesting. The part where Axel discovered his true self made me almost smile because I did not expect him to be like that. Yeah, let's just say it was awesome and should be loved. :D

Now, off to read the other two parts. Away!
Baby Chiba chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
LMAO! First I gotta say, the title of the story caught my attention because it was the name of one of my favorite Infected Mushroom songs, and then to see you quoted a line from that damn song made me laugh out loud!

Fucking priceless...

Thank you. It's nice to see jpop isn't the only choice of music in the fandom world .

So...to your story.

I must commend you. There are talented writers and there are creative writers. While some people can write beautifully, it's another thing to come up with a concept that is wholly intriguing.

The style was very modern. It encompasses the saying, " less is more." It takes skill to be able to convey meaning in simple sentences versus heavy run-ons. It's a style I very much enjoy, and one I find suitable for sci-fi/horror genres.

I was very confused in the beginning, a lot of that had to do with structure and sequence of the story. But instead of insulting my intelligence and spelling it all out in the exposition you let it build with examples. I appreciate that .; I suppose the initial confusion is to be expected with many sci-fi stories. I'm still slightly confused by the ending, that may be in part because i'm still recovering from a heavy new years hangover. But i'm sure you'll explain the Rudra/Roxas virus surprise in the next installment, Black Sun Rising. If not, expect a message.

Out of curiosity, did you study Hinduism? I loved the element of the Gods, and instead of Greek, Norse or Roman gods, you incorporated Hindu gods. Nice touch .

Why can't I message you? Did you disable that feature on ?

Baby Chi
LunaKatari chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
that was so kool.
Lelek chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Oh, this is glorious. It's twisted and dark and unique and just divine (no pun intended). I love the laid-back, conversational style and the dystopian setting. And the Axel and Roxas interaction is fantastic. Great work.
R chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Damn, COTF is one hot read. I especially love the first of the series.

Gods, the imagery plays out like a movie; it's so VIVID-and since I'm no good at explaining myself (plus I'm not adept in the English language)-I just might make some lame-ass attempt at fanart. That is, if you don't mind. [I'd wrestle an angry octopus for the animation of these fics.]
Lost Experiment chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Although I know you've very likely moved on from this, I merely wanted to express that[yes, I am that lostscore/lostexperimet/Ash you once wrote a Xaldin/Xigbar for] I've recently played DDS and...that has helped. I have found a brand new appreciation in re-reading these.

I'm not here to fall to my knees and beseech you, but rather to just say that you still do have a lovely queer Modernist/Po-Mo style and I've been pleased to reacquaint myself with your prose.
firelid chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
...
Roxas-Has-A-Stick chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
It's so intense...

All stomach quenchingly gory and painful and beautiful and blood curdling and sad and shit... I've read your Black Sun Rising one as well but thought it seemed more fit to review for just the one.

Call me crazy, but whenever I imagine Roxas in this fic, I think of some random malnourished(darn my spelling skills to heck!) latino kid who's most likely on probation or something like that... oh how the mind bogles with warped imagination and logic!
technophilic chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
afjier;oajgi;ogjes

THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY.

I think I enjoyed this series more than I should've.
Raihu chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
Now, this; this is beautiful, really. The environment, the character work, the shadow and decay. And "Hearts" as a drug. Priceless.

It's the cyberpunk flavour that holds everything together, and then the mythological references make all this prose unforgettable. Never read anything quite like it. Absolutely gorgeous.

Proud ones for Rudra, eh?
Fhal chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Absolutely beautiful. I can see Roxas' eyes just gleaming in front of Axel in this fic. Thank you for writing this; it's been awhile since I've seen a KH fic with such a mastery in writing! I have read your other stories relating to this piece as well, but I still like this one the best; which is why I've come back to boost the review numbers on this one! I really enjoyed myself reading this, and I hope to see more works like this in the future!
dreamqueen chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
Wow...I don't know how to fully describe what I have just read. But I can say that it is definitely well written. And the ending oh my...that I was very much unexpected. And at one point you described these tastes and textures and scents so well I wondered if you had ever eaten human flesh.. o.0 But I brushed that idea aside... o.0
rabid behemoth chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
...oh. Everything makes so much more sense now, having read this. I'm glad you warned me that I was reading out of order...I didn't even realize it...
silver-geisha chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
That was so sick ... that it was awesome :D

(although the whole 'lets go eat people' isn't really my thing .)