Reviews for The 1428 Diaries
AnonRyder23 chapter 23 . 2/7/2014
Amazing story! My friend told me about it and she talked so highly of it, and I see why. Good job, I loved it!
Deathstroke Terminator chapter 23 . 7/17/2013
I think this is the best fanfic I've ever read and in THIS category . . . how odd. I love everything I've read from you and I have to say this is an exceptional piece of literature. Never before have I been so captivated by a Nightmare on Elm Street story. Kudos to you and you amazing writing skills.
WiccanHot chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
One of my favorites.
T.S. Quint chapter 23 . 3/13/2011
This was OUTRAGEOUSLY good. I read it all the way through in one sitting after bookmarking it a long time ago, finding the synopsis intriguing.

Your style was realistically minimal, as a teenager's diary entry should be, but still constructed well enough that all of your characters seemed rich and well rounded (particularly, of course, Andie, who had a very Nancy-esque, heroic determination about her obsession.)

I'm sure this is going to go against the grain of a LOT of the readers in this section but I absolutely ADORE the fact that Krueger himself appeared so sparingly in your story. Much like the 'Jaws' syndrom, the spooky, unseen aspect of Krueger made him that much more ethereal and haunting. A lot of people flock to this section to read stories about Freddy tearing through cardboard characters like a meat grinder. People seem to forget he's the ANTAGONIST. He's the bad guy, you're not supposed to root for him. Ah well.

I've written a story here myself that doesn't seem to attract many reviews due to the fact that I've kept the gory, violent kills to a minimum thus far. That and my word count is very high. It's... depressing, to say the least, that a story at a fiction site might be ignored because there are TOO MANY WORDS to read. But I digress, this isn't about my story, this is about yours, which was wonderfully constructed. I loved it and I fully intend to move right along to the sequel.

Kudos to you.
zombiegoth chapter 23 . 6/2/2010
Wow dat was so good really belived it lol
inkShade chapter 23 . 5/23/2010
Pretty good. I see that you a have a sequel too, I'll check that out first chance I get ;)
R.O.S chapter 22 . 4/27/2009
Loved this story. Abslutely loved it.

Andie ain't a Mary-Sue and she ain't a dream warrior. She's just a regular girl who caught the eye of a VERY SCREWED UP dead guy. Seriously enjoyed the whole Springwood conspiracy.

Good writing, dude.
Dark Lady of the Night chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Excellent Story, I like your style my dear I was actually pawning through this fandom at the request of my girlfriend who likes to hear me read out loud and I found your story amongst a lot of the other "Stories" and I found that yours is one of the more enjoyable that I have come across and yes some of us writers should know better, and some that do just don't care. I am hoping that you continue to write with the passion that you so obviously have and don't look back.

Regards

DLN
Kristen of the Opera chapter 23 . 6/18/2008
I would have reviewed much sooner, but I had things to do and people to see today whilst I was reading this incredible story. Honestly, I couldn't stop reading until it was time to leave and I came right back and finished it. Always loved diary POVs, and I did appreciate the fact that it focused more on her obsession than Kruger himself.

Well done. 3
darkinja chapter 23 . 7/18/2007
Although you din't reach 20,0 words, I'd say you accomplished your primary goal. I did get a good idea of what a proper horror story consists of: plenty of exposistion, slow rising action, frightening villian, tense climax, and mystery ending. "Is he still out there?" has always been the question at the end of the great horror films.

Though I thought the story would have worked better if the main character had felt her iminent demise earlier. The fear that the next victim could have been her should have eclipsed her digust at the conspiracy around her. That's my opinion.

Don't they take the shoes of inmates too? I heard about that once. Something about hard objects.

(I apologize for the lateness of my review.)
Ghostwriter chapter 23 . 6/16/2007
Awesome job. I love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
Xyris chapter 23 . 5/28/2007
Amazing job with the story, Technie. It's rare to read Elm Street shorts these days that really capture the true essence of the Krueger myth, but you pulled it off with flying colors. From the growing threat of paranoia to an ending left deliberately ambiguous, these are key aspects of the legacy you manage to keep alive. Yours is a tale that can do no wrong. I shall be moving right along to your sequel. Kudos to you!
tojo1985 chapter 23 . 4/4/2007
I LOVED this story! The sun is shining so hot outside but I just had to stay in to read this! I've totally abandoned my kids so I could read it all the way in one sitting! I loved the diary POV. Especially liked the ending - andie's diary becoming a saviour to all those kids. Going to go out into the sunshine now. Unless I start reading the next one lol xx
MovieTvBookWorm chapter 23 . 3/25/2007
Awesome story! Nice to actually see some good writing in this section. Most of the stories that are on here are crap and make me hit the back button after the first paragraph... yours was the first to keep me interested. I love the originality of the diary POV. I loved the ending and how you kept us guessing... in my mind though Freddy got to her and the diary left in the attic for future salvation is genius! The rant you left cracked me up btw, some jerks can't appreciate good description to draw readers in but I knew where you were headed... you inspire me to go write some good Freddy horror, to weed out all the bad, I have yet to write any fanfic yet and don't know when I'll have time. Anyway, sorry for rambling...keep up the good writing!
C. Yeoward chapter 23 . 2/17/2007
Very well done. Enjoyed the origionality. It was a good take on the mythos and i always love it when Krueger is "in the shadows". Makes him more evil and more frightening. Way to go. Good job. BTW Look out for my story coming soon and to let you know, I'll be rewriting things to stay away from the "formula". Thanks for the inspiration and if it's okay with you I may (without going into detail and with a strong "thank you") mention something about Andie's diary. I think your story is important to the mythos and should be respected as such.

Regards,