Reviews for Picking up the Pieces
Guest chapter 11 . 5/22/2014
Lee should have told Poppadama that it was none of his business. Lee is a grown man and a commander in his own right. Yes a brief reason might be needed but not a full explanation. I doubt the admiral would explain himself in detail if the roles were reversed.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/22/2014
Kara lies to herself that she does what she does to protect Lee so she wont feel like pond scum for being so hateful. But when talking to Helo the truth comes out. Kara did it to protet herself.
Whatever else Lee's faults may be - and he has many, He doesn't lie to himself or others and he's not a coward.
RotoRokker chapter 6 . 5/22/2014
Lee has been a good friend. Kara not so much. wouldn't know the meaning of the word.
Lee Adama though is an uber-grudge holder. I just cant see him letting go of his anger & pain quite this easily, especially in light of what it is Kara did and how she did it. I get that you might have no story without all the pilot push/pull, but I think Kara would have to make the first move or gesture to get Lee to even consider forgiveness. I also think Lee would make her work a lot harder than this to get back in his good graces.
Sailor-Man chapter 3 . 5/22/2014
You probably should have found another way to get Kara and Lee in each others faces. You turned what was really turning out to be a solid story into a bit of a mess. What poppa did by forcing Kara on Lee is to tell him that he is not in command of his own ship, that he is only a babysitter, not to be trusted with even simple administrative decisions. The Adm has also told the Pegasus crew that he does not trust Lee, that Lee is not in charge of Pegasus. In one fell swoop he has undermined Lees command and his crews faith and confidence in his abilities. Thats why ship commanders always - ALWAYS - get to pick their own senior supervisory staff. As the CAG Kara would also be third-in-command of the ship. So Lee has been forced to accept over his forceul objection some one he has both personal & professional issues with in his senior chain of command and Lee just takes it laying down? - its just not a believable scenario
Mil-spec chapter 3 . 2/21/2014
A good story. You may however want to revise some details. A ship commander would not be forced to accept a senior supervisory position on his own ship. Its a great way to undermine the commanders authority and shipboard morale so its absolutely never done. It's also a great way to show the crew that the ships commander is not trusted to run his ship or make command decisions. On a troubled ship like Pegasus, this would be a disaster. Knowing how Lee is I'm pretty sure he would either tell daddy to stick it up his A** or quit. He could also refuse to allow Kara flight status or use of aircraft or equipment. He couold also make her CAG of the mess deck squadron. I doubt "The Admiral" has that kind of poor judgement. Believe me ship commander HAVE resigned their commands for lesser reasons.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
This story had real potential. It really did. You have Kara's head down really well(with the sole exception that Kara wouldn't have had the courage to say what she said here to Lee's face, she really was a huge coward) and a have a solid plot (even though we now know what caused the rift) but I think you are are terribly off the mark with Lee. I have unfortunately read a ton of fic written during the same period of time they have a common thread. They all have Lee so painfully ooc, so needy and weak and willing to be around Kara at any cost, accept any treatment that he is a practically a caricature. Lee never forgave Kara for what she did on NC. Yea they had a sexual relationship for a short time but the absurdity that most "Unfinished Business was aside, when she really didn't show any remorse for what she had done and would not commit or take any serious steps to fix them, he walked away. Lee may have been a little angsty (for pretty solid reason) but he never was weak and he definitely had his line in the sand when it came to Kara
Guest chapter 2 . 1/28/2014
This fic was kinda ok until this point. Then the writer being unable to come up with anything original
turns rhis fic into a soap opera. Lee's daddy forces kara on him as the CAG. He is the commander of his own battlestar but daddy decides that he really isnt the commander and will FORCE a unit supervisor on him. So Adm Adama turns into Adm Cain. If this moron knew anything they would know that is NEVER done in the military. it undermines morale and the commanders authority. Anyway it was obviously the only way the writer could come up with to force Lee & kara back together. She was not creative enough to come with something original and that made sense
Guest chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Kara has that a bit wrong. Lee is the best thing to EVER happen to Kara. Kara however is a frakking TRAINWRECK when it comes to LEE. She is hateful, cruel and a coward to boot. Always running away, always making the worst decisions, always thinking she has it all figured out. She couldnt even make it wotk with anders her Lee substitute. It didnt get no easier. Sam wanted nothing from her. Didnt want to know what she thought where she came from or who she was. Totaly shallow, all surface.
And she frakked THAT up. Thats what happens when your rotten inside!
Guest chapter 7 . 1/18/2014
Kara dont give a shit about Dee or Lee for that matter. Why are you even trying to make it seem like she in canon got tired of her nonsense. Told Kara he was NOT gonna leave Dee for her. Not anymor. He told basically told Kara that she had her shot. She had a chance in Scar, on New Cap and again during Eye of Jupiter. Le gave her PLENTY of chances to be with him. She fucked it up as usual.
So this crap having Lee suck up to her in this tale of sorrow is bullshit!
Guest chapter 6 . 1/18/2014
Yes Kara gives no apology, no nothing and Lee is just digging it. Kara is hurting oh boy. When is kara NOT hurting in your crappy stories. Sh's selfish. Of course Lee is going make all betta.
Your Story sucks, sucks, sucks

TERRIBLE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Guest chapter 5 . 1/18/2014
What a unch of bullshit. Kara got drunk cause Sam divorced her. Gimme a frakkin break
This story is AWFULl. I know you wrot it a while ago but its terrible. Sam left her cause she's a loserand know Lee is going to fel sorry for her. This story really really sucks. I knew you would fuck this up. I had some hope in the very beginning but this is more like a soap opera than bsg.
Like a soap opera nothing fits, nobody acts like they do in canon none of the situations make sense
The dialog is weak and sappy. Terrible... just...terrible
Guest chapter 4 . 1/18/2014
There is no waqy you can force a senior position on a commander. Its not The admirals decision to make. Le would never allow and he would not have to. You need to know what the fuck you are talking about when you write this crap. You cant do things that make no sense. Commanders in the military HAVE RESIGNED their commision in situations like this. You cant force people to work together in critical operations like this - IT's NEVER done. This story sucks, People need to make sense. This feels forced and contrived. Story is a joke. YOU NEED TO CHECK YOU FACTS, FIND CONVINCING & REALISTIC WAYS TO MAKE SITUATIONS. iF LEE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CHOSE HIS CREW HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO COMMAND & PERSONAL MEDDLING IS INTOLERABLE ESPECIALY WHEN FORCING COMMAND DECISIONS ON A SHIPS CAPTAIN It feels like your pulling nonsenese out of your ass to induce tension in the story.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/18/2014
Lee should have told his dad to eat shit and die. He should have said if he had Kara forced on him he would resign effective immediately. That would have shut old billy up.
Adm adama has no right to force such a critical postion on Lee He IS the ships commander. Adm shithead would never had let it happen to him, so Lee should not have to accept it. If it was me I would leaveKara as CAG in name only and assign her to latrine supervision. Just let the deputy cag do the real work.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
So Sam of course has figured that its time to bail. Time to toss this ho' the fuck on out. You know the golden rule of relationships with Kara. Do it to her before it gets done to you! Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Kara I'm sure will be sucking up to Lee in short order. Lee, I'm sure after all this time with De will of course forget all about wht she did. I know this because thats the kind of stuff you write.
Bookwyrm25 chapter 12 . 9/19/2012
very rarely do I hear the actors' voices when reading fic. This was one of those times. well done!