Reviews for Picking up the Pieces
Mil-spec chapter 3 . 2/21
A good story. You may however want to revise some details. A ship commander would not be forced to accept a senior supervisory position on his own ship. Its a great way to undermine the commanders authority and shipboard morale so its absolutely never done. It's also a great way to show the crew that the ships commander is not trusted to run his ship or make command decisions. On a troubled ship like Pegasus, this would be a disaster. Knowing how Lee is I'm pretty sure he would either tell daddy to stick it up his A** or quit. He could also refuse to allow Kara flight status or use of aircraft or equipment. He couold also make her CAG of the mess deck squadron. I doubt "The Admiral" has that kind of poor judgement. Believe me ship commander HAVE resigned their commands for lesser reasons.
This story had real potential. It really did. You have Kara's head down really well(with the sole exception that Kara wouldn't have had the courage to say what she said here to Lee's face, she really was a huge coward) and a have a solid plot (even though we now know what caused the rift) but I think you are are terribly off the mark with Lee. I have unfortunately read a ton of fic written during the same period of time they have a common thread. They all have Lee so painfully ooc, so needy and weak and willing to be around Kara at any cost, accept any treatment that he is a practically a caricature. Lee never forgave Kara for what she did on NC. Yea they had a sexual relationship for a short time but the absurdity that most "Unfinished Business was aside, when she really didn't show any remorse for what she had done and would not commit or take any serious steps to fix them, he walked away. Lee may have been a little angsty (for pretty solid reason) but he never was weak and he definitely had his line in the sand when it came to Kara
This fic was kinda ok until this point. Then the writer being unable to come up with anything original
turns rhis fic into a soap opera. Lee's daddy forces kara on him as the CAG. He is the commander of his own battlestar but daddy decides that he really isnt the commander and will FORCE a unit supervisor on him. So Adm Adama turns into Adm Cain. If this moron knew anything they would know that is NEVER done in the military. it undermines morale and the commanders authority. Anyway it was obviously the only way the writer could come up with to force Lee & kara back together. She was not creative enough to come with something original and that made sense
Kara has that a bit wrong. Lee is the best thing to EVER happen to Kara. Kara however is a frakking TRAINWRECK when it comes to LEE. She is hateful, cruel and a coward to boot. Always running away, always making the worst decisions, always thinking she has it all figured out. She couldnt even make it wotk with anders her Lee substitute. It didnt get no easier. Sam wanted nothing from her. Didnt want to know what she thought where she came from or who she was. Totaly shallow, all surface.
And she frakked THAT up. Thats what happens when your rotten inside!
Kara dont give a shit about Dee or Lee for that matter. Why are you even trying to make it seem like she in canon got tired of her nonsense. Told Kara he was NOT gonna leave Dee for her. Not anymor. He told basically told Kara that she had her shot. She had a chance in Scar, on New Cap and again during Eye of Jupiter. Le gave her PLENTY of chances to be with him. She fucked it up as usual.
So this crap having Lee suck up to her in this tale of sorrow is bullshit!
Yes Kara gives no apology, no nothing and Lee is just digging it. Kara is hurting oh boy. When is kara NOT hurting in your crappy stories. Sh's selfish. Of course Lee is going make all betta.
Your Story sucks, sucks, sucks

TERRIBLE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What a unch of bullshit. Kara got drunk cause Sam divorced her. Gimme a frakkin break
This story is AWFULl. I know you wrot it a while ago but its terrible. Sam left her cause she's a loserand know Lee is going to fel sorry for her. This story really really sucks. I knew you would fuck this up. I had some hope in the very beginning but this is more like a soap opera than bsg.
Like a soap opera nothing fits, nobody acts like they do in canon none of the situations make sense
The dialog is weak and sappy. Terrible... just...terrible
There is no waqy you can force a senior position on a commander. Its not The admirals decision to make. Le would never allow and he would not have to. You need to know what the fuck you are talking about when you write this crap. You cant do things that make no sense. Commanders in the military HAVE RESIGNED their commision in situations like this. You cant force people to work together in critical operations like this - IT's NEVER done. This story sucks, People need to make sense. This feels forced and contrived. Story is a joke. YOU NEED TO CHECK YOU FACTS, FIND CONVINCING & REALISTIC WAYS TO MAKE SITUATIONS. iF LEE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CHOSE HIS CREW HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO COMMAND & PERSONAL MEDDLING IS INTOLERABLE ESPECIALY WHEN FORCING COMMAND DECISIONS ON A SHIPS CAPTAIN It feels like your pulling nonsenese out of your ass to induce tension in the story.
Lee should have told his dad to eat shit and die. He should have said if he had Kara forced on him he would resign effective immediately. That would have shut old billy up.
Adm adama has no right to force such a critical postion on Lee He IS the ships commander. Adm shithead would never had let it happen to him, so Lee should not have to accept it. If it was me I would leaveKara as CAG in name only and assign her to latrine supervision. Just let the deputy cag do the real work.
So Sam of course has figured that its time to bail. Time to toss this ho' the fuck on out. You know the golden rule of relationships with Kara. Do it to her before it gets done to you! Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Kara I'm sure will be sucking up to Lee in short order. Lee, I'm sure after all this time with De will of course forget all about wht she did. I know this because thats the kind of stuff you write.
Bookwyrm25 chapter 12 . 9/19/2012
very rarely do I hear the actors' voices when reading fic. This was one of those times. well done!
angelstryst chapter 12 . 2/15/2007
I just got around to reading this and the companion piece Freedom and I wanted to let you know that they are very good stories and great explorations of the characters and what-if's.

You're a very talented writer!
bellabeau chapter 12 . 12/22/2006
You did a fantastic job with this story! Thanks for the early Christmas present!
jayblue00 chapter 12 . 12/21/2006
I enjoyed this story very much but this chapte was the best. It was real and you could actually picture the characters doing that on the show if only the writers would let tham. Thank you for it.
Jdshipper chapter 12 . 12/21/2006
That Chapter was amazing! Go Kara and Lee.

I really enjoyed the story as well as its predecessor. Are you thinking of doing a follow up? Seeing how the arrival fo the cylons impacts their relationship would be really interesting.

Thnaks for an excellent reading experience!