Reviews for Peonies
ReadourMindff chapter 3 . 4/27/2011
Poor Bella. This is so sad!
ReadourMindff chapter 2 . 4/27/2011
So sad, but so good!
ReadourMindff chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Great start!
Haunted Muse chapter 21 . 4/22/2011
This has got to be the saddest story I have EVER read. It currently has me in tears even as I'm typing out this review. But it was very beautifully written. Of course, as I'm sure many of your other readers were, I was also hoping for some kind of HEA. I'd like to think that there was a possibility for them to have it in the end, since Edward made his deal with the wolves. Perhaps they'll be together in the afterlife. I can't say that I expected Bella to change her mind though and, strangely enough, I'm glad you didn't write it that way. I can't even give a definitive answer as to why, but I am. It was a refreshing, yet still sad, change of pace. I think that speaks for your work as a truly great writer though - there is no specific set of reasons why I liked your story; it was just everything all rolled into one package that made it so spectacular.

The only issue was trying to figure out the different POVs that the chapters were written in. Of course I got them all, but it would have helped a little to have labeled POVs. It wouldn't have made the story any better - I'm not sure that could even happen - but it just would have been more convenient.

I'm going to stop my rambling now, but I just have to let you know that there is only one word appropriate enough to describe this fabulous story - ! Yeah, that's right. I just channeled Mary Poppins for this review LOL! Keep up the amazing work!

Much love,

HM
Lillian Blaine chapter 21 . 4/21/2011
I think I'm with everyone else and I'm going to say, I was really hoping she would change her mind, and everything would be okay. But instead I got bawling and cried even more in the end. :l I have NEVER, EVER had a fic bring me to tears the way this one did, seriously. You should be awarded. The only bad thing about this was that the POVs were a bit hard to understand, and I would have wanted a note or something about whose they were in. Other than that, seriously, it was brilliant. And sad, don't forget moving. :)
CarinaMasonCullen chapter 22 . 4/18/2011
OMG that was so sad! I cried my eyes out.

I was thinking the whole way through that she would be changed in the end. I'm not sure how I feel about how it ended, like I've been cheated or something. Not everyday you read something so sad.
dorothy's ruby slippers chapter 22 . 4/18/2011
Wow, what a stunning and heartbreaking tale! This one has been on my "to read" list for a long time, and I just got around to starting it today, and stayed up in the wee hours reading it. It was so poignant and heartbreaking. It kept me hanging on until the very end, and I must admit I shed more than a few tears. Very well done.

xoxo,

drs
Two Lives chapter 20 . 4/7/2011
OK, I wept. A lot. I can't grasp a love such as Bella and Edward's. I think much of life is like this: lost opportunities to be happy. AND opportunities that CAN'T be revisited or recreated.

My only REAL criticism is that it took me an uncomfortable amount of time to figure out from whose POV each chapter was written. I would have liked, REALLY would have liked SOMETHING to give me a frame of reference much sooner. Remember, I was reading the story for the first time and I wanted to "experience" the story, not have to analyze it in order to be able to understand what I was reading the first time.

Thanks for this wonderful interpretation. Now I will go read some of your other works!
Two Lives chapter 9 . 4/7/2011
Oh my, this chapter REALLY sank me. I don't know why sometimes sorrow can be so attractive. I have a happy life, a FABULOUS husband and honestly, four beautiful, kind and good children. WHY AM I DRAWN TO BELLA'S PAIN? Why is New Moon my favorite of the books?

Perhaps it is because we remember the feelings we had when we ourselves experienced rejection by someone we loved...? Shouldn't we want to FORGET those feelings?

I don't know, but this chapter and your beautiful references to "Here they be dragons" pierced me to my core.

Thank you.
jansails chapter 22 . 4/6/2011
I cried, I think, through most of this, then I bawled at the end.

Edward's choice I understand.

How brilliant of you to have Edward write a letter to Jacob asking for death to release him from an eternity without Bella breathing, living in it.

Devastating, yet triumphantly fitting.

jansails/jan2
Dantelover051386 chapter 21 . 3/28/2011
Hallo,

W T F !..i mean that was a great story, but seriously WTF! I'm not one to loose my shit and cry, but damn it to the firey pits of hell...i am loosing my shit here crying and cannot stop. i was praying so hard that she would be turned, but only to die and edward kill himself? nonetheless in a stange morbid way it fits and we knew. if bella died edward would follow. maybe its the endless romantic in me that wanted them to have eternity together and with there family, but in the end HOPEFULLY they still get there eternity together, but in the afterlife.
Winchester Squishy chapter 22 . 3/27/2011
That was incredibly depressing...but it was still well written and obviously I enjoyed it enough to read the whole thing. And despite the depressing nature of the ending I am pleased you didnt have her changed at around 40yrs to his 17, that would be kind of weird and unrealistic.
Irrevocably-Edwards chapter 21 . 3/24/2011
Never had a fic moved me to tears until this one! I hated it and loved it at the same time.
savvygurl101LunaRachel chapter 21 . 3/21/2011
That was bittersweet, heartwrenching, and beautiful. I really loved it.

Truthfully, I only read the three beginning chapters, then the end ('cause I was impatient to see what happened), but I have never cried so much over a story in my life. So beautiful, brings memories to mind...

Thank you, so much.
venure chapter 22 . 3/18/2011
sad but well written alternate story. thank you!
1,331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »