Reviews for He Stares at the Water
DC-Mythology-Lover chapter 1 . 10/10
Wow... that's ... wow
I feel so bad for Mai
Suspicious Soup chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
This was SO good. I think another reviewer said it best. This takes the pain of Zutara not being canon and multiplies it tenfold.

This was depressingly good, haha. Although there is a point I want to make-I'm not saying that this is a flaw in your story, just a personal opinion-but I think neither Zuko nor Mai would subject themselves to so much sadness. I vaguely remember this, but I believe in the comics, she left him because he was constantly keeping secrets from her (even though she loved him). I doubt she'd stand for him having an affair right in front of her face, even if it meant keeping her family together. And by the end of the show, Zuko was a lot better at expressing his emotions and I feel like he would eventually tell Mai, "Hey, I don't love you. I'm sorry."

But nonetheless, your story was very well-written and well thought out. I enjoyed it a lot!
africaflower77 chapter 1 . 9/8/2015
Awww was the wife Mai? Even though I never really liked her cuz she dated zuko I didn't hate her either tear tear
Shelly Terringston chapter 1 . 7/21/2015
Wow, this is amazing!
BloomRay chapter 1 . 6/18/2015
Absolutely beautiful - and heart-wrenching. I'm as big a fan of Zutara as the next person, but this really highlighted the reality of that relationship, if there had been one.
Amron Fortis chapter 1 . 6/17/2015
This was very well written. It was. There is no denying that.
Nevertheless, there is a sadness that is creeping into my soul now, and the author of this story is responsible.
Seriously, What on EARTH would posses you to write such a sad, sad story? Grrr.

Haha, that being said. This story is very good. As any story that can tug at my heart-strings like that deserves praise. Well done.

Now if you'll excuse me... I'm off to buy some anti-depressants.
iheartpickles chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
Who is the Fire Lady? Mai?
Lieutenant Of Artemis chapter 1 . 4/16/2015
i like this. i'm not quite sure if this is Mai (although it makes the most sense) but i'm confused when you said that they were on opposing sides of the war and Katara and Sokka left to "rebuild their nation" - i wasn't quite sure if it was Mai anymore because that would imply that she's from the Water Tribe? or maybe i'm reading it wrong.

i love how you present Katara's and Zuko's love for one another in this, but what irked me was their illegitimate child. if it were before Zuko got married, i'd understand, but i believe that Katara and Zuko both hold honor in too high of a regard to have a child out of wedlock, much less when Zuko is married. they'll still love each though, they just won't act on it, and the show already tells us about Zuko's strict code of duty.

but other than that, i enjoyed it. i find the thought of Zuko sitting down to listen to his son and daughter so patiently, endearing.
kt96 chapter 1 . 3/23/2015
this so beautiful. it takes the pain of zutara not being canon, runs with it and multiplies it tenfold. in a good way. thank you!
Scherherazade chapter 1 . 3/7/2015
Beautifully written. Heartbroken for all.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/4/2015
Amazing! I loved it
histerija chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
very beautiful story! i love how you wrote it from a different perspective. it's just beautiful :)
Aisucold chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
depressing but beautiful
k2sama chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
I don't know, one minute everything was swell. The next, my face was flooding.