Reviews for Kill 'em With Kindness
Obsidian Demon chapter 4 . 2/1/2007
Darn. I knew I've forgotten something - like, that adding you to my favorite authors doesn't automatically put you on my alerts list. *cough*

This was definitely one of the best Mary Sue parodies I've read so far. I can't believe I almost missed it!

...

I really want to say something halfway intelligent about it, but I'm still busy picking myself up from the floor and stop laughing.

Good work - as always. :)
Donnie-o chapter 4 . 1/16/2007
This one had me laughing so hard I think I about cried my eyes out... and I had to try and be quiet because my roommates are sleeping... I should be too, but I had to finish your story first!

I love reading about mary sues in a parody fasion. And the band thing was totally hilarious.. you know, the 'Coming out of our Shells' thing. Funny that it didn't work.

Your story rocks, and I'm putting it in my C2 ok! Ok!

~Donnie-o~
999999999 chapter 3 . 12/14/2006
haha! mary sues! great idea!
kaya lizzie chapter 4 . 11/28/2006
*bows at props mentioned in the beginning* Thanks. Glad to know I did help you in some kind of way. *waves whip and winks*

SHUT UP, GERALD! It's not the sais that matters.

Well it came out great! Lots and lots of good one-liners (too many to point out). Humor is my favorite genre, so I don't have to tell you how much I enjoyed this. *straightens Depends diaper*

I'll be sending you my hospital bill for my messed up diaphram and my asthama attack due to my long winded laughing fit.

Cheers~

kaya lizzie
greshunkai chapter 4 . 11/28/2006
wonderful! hilarious! somebody finally came right out and said that MS is writer insert of self-have had suspicions of that for a long time now-just too polite to say so. for a well written piece that puts that fact so cleverly and plainly to be seen, I thank you!
Doppleganger33 chapter 4 . 11/28/2006
Haha! I just could not turn away from this one. This was had me in stitches from beginning to end. All those Mary Sues... All that sap. All the adoration. *shudders* A material as always.
Doppleganger33 chapter 3 . 11/28/2006
Oh my God, nothing can be scarier than a horde of Mary Sue's chasing after the turtles. O_o
Doppleganger33 chapter 2 . 11/28/2006
Ah Raphael is much more in line with the movie-verse or new toon verse then he is the old toon verse. Do you watch the new toon? A lot of little things and catch phrases seem to be from either the movie or the new cartoon, ie, "Ah shell!", Splinter saying "My son," and Raphael's general attitude.

Such wickedness concerning the fake terminology. (I'll email you about certain things that I don't want to spoil for your readership.) It does though tell me though that you shouldn't accept things at face value.

Ack! Mary Sues! Don't you just hate those? The subject matter was indeed presented in an amusing fashion. Another good chapter; can't wait to see what you have in the next one. :)
Doppleganger33 chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
Haha! I was JUST wondering what had happened to you. I always enjoyed reading your Ninja Turtles fanfic.

So I see that the bad guys have discovered the Ninja Turtles fandom. Oh boy I have to wonder if Bebop has discovered the fanart of him and Rocksteady. . You know THIS kind-/ I hope not. That'd be intensely weird; they'd be mortified. XD

Let's see how the rest of this turns out.
Reinbeauchaser chapter 4 . 11/28/2006
Venus? Oh, Ninjalara's not gonna be happy. I'm sure you're gonna use her 'girl' to no good. Bwahahaha

"Venus the female mutant ninja turtle," said Donatello.

Michelangelo's eyes got wide. "There's a girl turtle?"

Bwahahaha.,.oh my, the shock, the surprise, the, the lust. HA!

Donatello shook his head. "Not here. There. Apparently, they added a female turtle to...the TV show, I think. But it looks like nobody liked her."

"Why not?" said Michelangelo, smiling. "I'm pretty sure I would've liked her."

Once again - indeed! LOL

Raph's comment about Mikey dressing in drag. HA!

Has he? Hmnm.,.

Guess so. HA! Splinter; too much.

They're resurrecting the Coming out of Our Shells band gig, I know it! Let's see if I'm right. At least this should appease Ninjalara.,.her Venus is safe, for the moment.

*reads further*

I was right. Bwaahahaha

"Wait a sec," said Raphael, tapping a couple strings on his guitar, and turning the keys at the end of the neck. "I don't think this thing is tuned."

Leonardo looked exasperated. "Raph, who cares? We want them to hate us, remember?"

"Oh, right. Right."

Somehow, I think that Leo would be more concerned with 'perfection', rather than Raph, but - hey - this is funny no matter who's saying it. LOL

"Very well, then," said Splinter, smiling. "Let us rock and roll."

Any of the others, this would be just another bit of dialogue. Coming from Splinter, though? Hilarious. Great quip there.

Of course, it didn't work, Shredhead and Krang probably gave all the MS/GS's tin ears. HA!

Raph blaming Leo's tempo. HA!

And Leo getting all defensive. More HA!

Splinter - always the wise one, yes?

Mike, showman to the bone, no? LOL

Oh, payback is sweet, especially when the original implement is used against thine own enemy. HA!

Your ending was absolutely perfect and hilarious! Great job.

My one and only major complaint is, why didn't you upload this the first of December? By uploading it now, it's null and void for next year's comp. I'm very sad about that, because I think this would have done very well next year.

*goes off to sulk*

Yes, maybe the SOTS would have given away too much, but it was a killer title, like you said.

Anyway, you did a great job, OSM! Loved this very much, but it still should have been uploaded December 1st, if only so I could nominate it in next year's comp. Selfish of me, yes, but - just the way I am, I guess. LOL

Reinbeauchaser chapter 3 . 11/28/2006
Continuation of Review for Chapter Two!

Anyway, as I was saying.,.,.

Go soft all over.,.well, not QUITE all over!

Bwahahaha

Yes, Mary Sue is working her magic, that's for sure. HA!

"Thanks again for saving me, Donatello. I was just coming home from a study session, and I lost all track of time."

She's a student? thought Donatello, feeling himself melt a bit more. "What are you studying?"

"I've been working on my thesis on the endochronic properties of resublimated thiotimoline."

Thiotimoline?

*falls over laughing*

I am so right about this character and who's behind her. HA!

LOL Oh My.,.another MS and I can bet who this one is.,.perfect for Raphael. HA!

This is just getting better and better, OSM!

I was right again.,.another Mary Sue!

What a coincidence.

NOT!

Bwahahaha

There was a pause before Raphael answered, very defensively, "Donatello, it was a really really good roundhouse sidekick."

Oh, poor Raph, his Ninja prowess under attack, or - is it? You can tell he's rather proud of that roundhouse sidekick. LOL

Leave it to Raph to excuse his sudden interest in humans as claiming his MS was interesting. LOL

"Sorry to interrupt your nothingness, Sensei, but I think we've got a big problem."

Ah, yes, humor is alive and well. Very funny and I think I'd be ducking right about now. Kind of sassy, nothingness. LOL

Love Splinter's frustration. Very appropriate!

And, of course it's a girl, and I bet her name is.,.Mary Sue!

HA!

Very good second chapter...now, I'm going to review chapter three - as I read, as before.

Review for Chapter Three!

I was right. Go me. LOL

Leo, almost smitten, reacts in true ninja fashion, distract the potential enemy, attack with sudden surprise, parley, slice and dice, victory over sudduction.

Leo's not much of a romantic, is he? LOL

"So that's what we're up against?" asked Michelangelo. "Hardened batches of Liquid Tide named Mary Sue? What's that all about?"

Leave it to Mikey. Bwahahaha

Okay, so you've neatly informed your readers exactly which universe we're reading from, the B&R one (Bebop and Rocksteady). :0) Nice touch, there.

'About a block away, walking towards them at a fair clip down the middle of the street was a large crowd of people. Almost all women, with a few men scattered in here and there. Raphael saw a few individual members as they stepped underneath a street light, and he could feel himself drawn to each and every one of them.

Even the guys, he realized with an additional pang of horror.'

Yes, of course, hide the drill, don't want the city folks to find it underground, thereby causing an all out search for whomever owns the thing. As if the gapping hole and the ensuring damage to make said hole wouldn't be enough to do the job anyway. LOL

It's an - invasion of MS and GS! HA! And Raphael's horror - hilarious! LOL

Cork Lava? What the shell? Never heard of it, but I'm certain you'll explain things.

They must run very fast to cover a half mile in about a minute. Then again, they're under eminent (sp?) attack by the dreaded MS/GS, too. LOL

"No," corrected Donatello. "None of them have attacked us. They've all been...over-friendly."

"And we've all felt...over-friendly towards them," said Raphael. "For whatever reason."

Indeed!

Oh, the banter 'round the idea that there's another 'verse about them, movies, stories, etc...and Mikey's supressed excitment. Funny stuff.

"I only glanced at a couple," admitted Donatello. "But I didn't see one. That sort of goes against what these Mary Sues are all about. We're not supposed to overcome them. We're supposed to become enamored with them, and have them join our ranks."

"Y-yeah, let's not do that," suggested Raphael.

Good idea, Raphie. LOL But, I can 'hear' a little temptation in that 'voice', nonetheless.

A muffled thud caused them all to look up. "What's that noise?" asked Leonardo.

"It's been bad news the last two times tonight," said Raphael. "And call me a cynic, but I don't see that streak ending."

Yep, doesn't take a rocket scientist! LOL

Killing them with kindess?

Oh, perfect title because with that kind of hoard begging for their attention, kindness will indeed compromise their training.

Don't look now, guys, but you're surrounded.,.and not looking is the key to your survival, too!

Great chapter, loved it! On to chapter four!

Reinbeauchaser chapter 2 . 11/28/2006
Oh, one more thing, at the end of chapter one, I think Krang discovered - Fan Fiction. :0) Or maybe, Adultfanfiction? Or, Stealthy Stories and the Naughty section? Wait, he'd have to log on as a member, then request entry, then leave a trail of 'mature' ramblings, and...nope, he'd never gain acess.

So, it's gotta be either F.F., S.S., or A.F.F. :0)

Anyway, on to chapter two review!

Love the banter between Donnie and Raph. We have a saying around the house,"Penny for your thoughts?" "Nope, only shortchange ya." LOL Raph's IOU bill comment was very funny.

I did appreciate Raph's POV, though, and he's - sadly - probably correct on that. :0(

Donatello - staring at lips? Bwahahaha Never from him, Mikey or Raph maybe, but not from him.

Mary - Sue? Hilarious. Probably appropriate, too, considering the way you're describing her. LOL

LOL I know who this is! Bwahahaha.,.I do! He's written himself into a story! GAH.,.too much. I can't wait to see how this pans out.

I'm sure he has very, very little experience with getting 'hit on', other than when he's fighting with the Foot, and then that's a whole different ball of the proverbial wax, too. Bwahahahaha
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
Ah, a humor piece, from vou? You are funny enough on-line with Stealthy Stories, so it's safe to say you'll do well in this particular genre, too.

And, I was right. I will be honest and say that this first chapter wasn't howling hiliarious, but it did make me chuckle. Especially about the part where Krang is dissappointed about not being part of the movieverse of the other realm. Yet, this is just the first chapter and a warm up. Humor is hard to write (I try my best to stay clear of it, with only a few stories to my credit where I attempted to make people laugh). You seemed to have done well with this, though. :0)

I have to admit that I've never cared for the Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang characters at all, but you did well to portray them in a way that kept my interest up. I especially enjoyed the fact that Bebop wears glasses! LOL

And the alternate reality thing is always interesting, especially when you're trying to marry the fictional characters with the idea that in another realm, they're real.

Oh, and I did catch one misspelled word. Early on, when Bebop was reaching for his drink, you spelled it as drunk. :0) That was all I could find that seemed amiss. I would offer to run your ready-to-upload chapters through my auto beta (which catches out of tense words like flies to flypaper), but it seems you've uploaded everything today.

Great start! Can't wait to read the rest of it and it seems I don't have to wait for updates, either!