Reviews for What's Most Important
Southpaw chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
as I read each new thing you post, I can't help but notice that your style just keeps strengthening... it's really refreshing to see, compared to some of the other less-experienced authors on here.

anyway, this was really interesting, the way you flipped it around from a lot of the other stories you've been telling recently... and that thing with Akemi threw me off a little

I guess I just wanted to say that despite my difficulty in believing that the members of the Black Organization can have meaningful relationships with their associates, you're doing a remarkable job in making them realistic enough to keep me coming back
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
Ohh, I see the Saiyuki-ness. _ Man, I forgot how much I love that series... Hehe, Gin's so silly, trying to pretend he doesn't care. XD I like how you constructed that; you've always been good at giving us insight into a character's mind without like...coming right out and saying "So and so was thinking 'blah blah blah'".

My only criticism is the doctor. Let's see if I can make this make sense... I know that for fanfiction we sort of suspend disbelief, but I think doctors are trained to deal with crazy stuff (like being threatened by angry men with blond hair), so I found it a little hard to believe a doctor would be *that* intimidated. It kind of jarred me out of the story a bit.

But otherwise, I like what you're doing with these two!
yamtt chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
This was a nice play on the Saiyuki lines.

Though without a doubt, my favorite scene is Gin facing the doctor and the intenseness of it as he started forcing information out of it. To me, it was the most powerful scene of the story and I liked how it was played out and how Gin's expression was explained in the doctor's point of view as well.

I also liked Vodka's reaction when he was waking up and wanting his glasses, it both amused me and struck me very IC. At first I thought he was going to reach out searching for them. XD

For reason though, even though it's probably the key part of the story, I honestly felt disatisfied with Akemi's spirit. Maybe if it'd been a memory of Akemi saying that instead. Hm . . .