Reviews for The Edge of Madness
Killingdanse chapter 11 . 7/31/2012
This was a very good story heart wrenching but well written.
Elizabeth Gamgee chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
This is EXACTLY the supernatural fanfiction story I've been looking for! this is PERFECT! I can't believe I found it! I can't believe u wrote it! AAHHHHH! THIS IS PERFECT! THANK U SOOOO MUCH !
ccase13 chapter 11 . 10/4/2011
This was a very interesting story. YOu even managed to get a reasonably happy ending with their Dad still in hell.

Are you by any chance a medical professional? Your medical units in these long stories are awfully realistic.

I was married to a dialysis patient for 15 years and vacationed in a locked ward since he died and your medical stuff just seems very true to what I've expeienced.
Coragyps chapter 11 . 9/22/2010
This story was really sweet and sad. It's a lot more realistic than most of the medical fics on the site, in that Sam doesn't get better right away and has relapses even after he recovers. I kind of wanted some emotional payoff for poor Dean since he suffered so much, but I'm glad they're back together at the end. Great job and thanks for sharing!
phyllisstevens chapter 11 . 8/30/2010
very well written and very touching i love sam and this story
Sparkiebunny chapter 11 . 8/5/2010
Wow, you write excellent stories! Truly! Wonderful work! :D
Jenna chapter 10 . 7/28/2010
I'm officially in love with all of your stories! I swear I've never read more than one fanfic by the same author! usually I like to skip around see if i can find a story that catches my interest! But this is craziness! LOL! LOved this one! ahh when Sam would hear dean's voice through the fog it broke my heart! and when he was talking to his dad's spirit near the end it made me cry :( you know though! I wish sam would have told Dean what he saw and about his dad's spirit helping him! ahh you need to make the boys talk more! LOL! love it :)
Desertfyre chapter 11 . 12/28/2009
I absolutely adored this story! A perfect blend of LimpSam and ProtectiveDean. My fav type of SPN stories. It's great you seem to know quite a bit of medical jagon. I know basics but I was with Dean, didn't understand half of what the doctor was saying, until it was explained.

I hope to see something similar in the future. I wish I could unread this story...to reread it all again for the first time! Keep up the good work!
lolopixie chapter 11 . 11/9/2009
Oh wow, what a painful story. BEAUTIFUL! But my god, my heart hurts after reading all of that nail-biting angst. I felt like my own heart was about to give out when the brothers were going through the worst of it all. Geez... I'm sorry, I'm so overwhelmed I don't think I can't really write a coherent review. But WOW. That was... quite a ride.

Though I feel it needs mentioning that the writing itself was fantastic. Not just in the way you managed to keep them in character and the plot believable, but just in the overall execution. I admit, I normally get really bored when there's a lot of lengthy scenes with medical jargon (and boy was there a lot of in-depth medical stuff in this one), but it was totally coherent, and really helped with the drama of the plot I thought.

Wish I could have written a better review, but I'm wiped. I've got a headache from being so angst-ed out (you're THAT good!). I count my blessings though that it ended on such a positive, uplifting note. Thank you for that, otherwise I would be a puddle of tears on the ground right now (with the added injury of the headache). So yeah. Excellent story. You should be really proud of this one.

-LP
EDSR chapter 11 . 10/12/2009
Ok, after a night of stupid arse studying, I've just finished reading! And this is simply one of the best SPN fics I've ever read.

Other things I forgot to mention before, I think your characterisation is absolutely spot on! It's one of the main reasons I was hooked, I was kinda in the story just picturing it all and it just managed to fit. It was fantastic characterisation, you're very good at that.

I also love the structure of the story, it makes it so much easier to read! So being a reader, thank you for that!

That was a brillaint story and I actually squeeled with delight when Dean said that Sam did get him something for Christmas. It was so cute!

I was half expecting a setback but just when things were ok and things were going good, darn it happened! But I loved the ending. It was lovely and happy!

I love your stories, I've already started reading a few more oneshots mainly. You're a fantastic author, I'm definitely on the lookout if you begin any more!

From a very satisfied reader,

Edna :D!
EDSR chapter 6 . 10/11/2009
I have to say, I've been reading this in and out all day like a book and I'm so hooked. Despite it being all depressing for Dean and Sam, I'm really really enjoying this story. It's a fantastic read and you've made it so believable. I love it.

It's really interesting how Sam progresses in treatment and how he keeps having setbacks and episodes. Before he 'woke up', how he kept recognising Dean's voice calling him "Sammy" but not recognising Dean or not knowing who Dean even was. I thought it was really good! And Dean's trouble through the past eight months, you've portrayed that in a very realistic way.

And I gotta say, you know how to make me well up! It's so tearful in some places and it's difficult to make me cry so I must give kudos my friend!

Off to read the rest now! This is one of the few stories I've read in full detail, it's simply fantastic!
Port-of-Seas chapter 11 . 6/10/2009
Phew! You really scared me there for a minute, Dawn. Could've sworn this was going to be a sad one. Man, since I started reading I couldn't put it down. You always write the most addicting medical dramas.
Sylvie91 chapter 11 . 4/10/2009
Hey!

I was going through my Favorites today and I came across this fic. Wow! It was bsolutely amazing. The whole 'unresponsive, catatonic' Sam made me tingle :) Dean totally made me weep. I love this story. You are amazing!

Sylvia
MysteryMadchen chapter 11 . 12/31/2008
I know you wrote this story over a year ago, but man i just have to say that was excellent. You really are good at this and I hope there's alot more to come. I've been asking everybody this so please don't kill me. Do you have a long Blind Sam story out there or have any intentions of writing one. thanks so much for this story it was fabulous. Nicole.
kirallie chapter 11 . 8/20/2008
Great work! Glad John managed to get Sam to wake up for Dean. Poor Dean having to watch Sam go through all that. Glad it was a happy ending!