Reviews for The First Thanksgiving
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
That was a sweet story of Mark's getting to ever in his life get to actually celebrate Mark he felt so sad by throwing the turkey carcass away he felt sad it had to least he got to share how he felt with understood him.

I read this quite a few times before and now and I just love it.

JeanneZ84
Tharin chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Short, but very cute. I was laughing about Hardcastle's describtion "the house of many doors".
sbishoff chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Great story. I thought it was great the Hardcastle knew there was more to Mark's reluctance to throw out the turkey than just the end of the food. It was also good that he encouraged him to talk about it, and reassured him when he felt his mother may not have had anything to be thankful for.

I loved that Hardcastle responsed to Mark's gratitude that the judge included him in celbrating his holiday by saying "There's no where else you should be."
owlcroft chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
I have to agree with the previous reviewer; the image of McCormick wistfully bidding farewell to the ragged turkey skeleton is wonderful. A very nice story and a lovely way to say goodbye to this year's Thanksgiving!
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
Short but sweet . . . and very timely. And, like I said before, the image of McC bidding farewell to the turkey carcass, yup, that's a hoot.