Reviews for WORDS WITHHELD
Aveo amacus chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Wow. Really good story

I'd never considered that conversation, well handled. I like the fact you have both their POVs without making it a POV fic.
smithcrafter chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Very well-written. I can see this type of scene taking place.
Chopin Gal chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
Wow, great psychological study - you nailed it! So angsty - their struggle to keep hands off each other and behave like "officers and gentle people". And, of course, with Jack there has to be cake, cake ... "always". Thanks.
MeadowUndertown chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Aw, i loved it!, and i think your right bout carter never bein angry with him, it makes sense, she would of known he'd have to do it, that he'd be the one to do it...

great job!...

x
beverlycat chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
Holy Hannah! I was all set to give you a glowing review and then I read chocolate cake spread over Jack's...Man alive! How'm I supposed to think now?

I wandered across It's All In The Family, saved you to author alert and have been meaning to check your other works, but forgot about it.

But then I got Just One Breath (which I fully intend to review later when I can re-read it without crying). I started looking back over your previous works and read Words Withheld first. Great take on the story. Well written. You are a classy woman. It shows.

But classy or not, you know how to hit below the belt! (Must not think of Jack smeared with...anything). What was I saying?...uh...yeah...good story or something like that.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Beverly
jackwabbit chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
mara-anni:

What goes around comes around. Thought I'd review one of yours. I liked this. Interesting take on why Sam wouldn't have been upset, and I think it's true to character.
AT Fan chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
oh great job you got their voices perfect very in character Sam venerable without being weak and Jack well affected but still with his solgier facade somewhat in tact. Too bad this conversation couldn't have happened on the show because it would have been a great moment didn't even have to be shippy though you could have seen that way I prefer to.
DementedLeaf chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Chocolate cake spread over Jack's something, eh? I think I'll assume you'd've ended that with "shoulder". Because it amuses me to think of him with a lump of chocolate cake there.

Once again: yeah, nice story, I like it. And now I'm going to see if I can find others to read.
SJAuthor chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
Great job!

It needs a sequel, though. Preferably one in which they get together :)
getcarter chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Wow, that was chock full of angst! LOL! I would love to see a sequel to this! Great job!
ALIMOO1971 chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
great story, keep up the good work
Natters chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
whimper. poor sam. poor jack. excellent fic
ChappaEyebrow chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
That was really good! Looking forward to reading more of your work.
tara bone lady chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
this is such a great story. i always wondered how they would deal with the whole entity thing and this is probably the best post-entity fic i've read cos it's exactly how they would deal with their issues. well done!
stusue chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
That was so damn gut-wrenchingly sad! It started out so upbeat but then ... what emotional impact as it morphed into pure angst! Brilliantly written and an incredible pyschological insight into what governs their actions and how it only takes a look to understand and be understood. I really felt for the two of them, wanting to comfort each other but not be able to be there for each other as they'd like ... only a few words and looks. Carter cries alone and Jack's heart breaks. And the last sentence was simply heartbreaking ... the did what they had to do.