Reviews for A Man Called Hope
Tipper dehavilland chapter 9 . 10/4
Love your story... But there is no mention of arwen...does she not exist in this story?
Book girl fan chapter 3 . 4/22/2014
What about Arwen? She gave up immortality to be with him, surely he could do that too!
Guest chapter 9 . 4/18/2014
Had to skip the kissing part, unfortunately, as I've read too much slash and I wish to keep the in-between/vague relationship between them. I find it very sweet, I wish I can witness it irl life. In males!
1sunfun chapter 9 . 11/28/2013
A really interesting story.
Deleted11152015 chapter 9 . 6/13/2013
Guest chapter 9 . 4/1/2013
What about Arwen?
Is she stuck on Middle Earth because she married Aragorn (who was human at least then)?
I know this story is AU, but according to the Appendices in RotK Arwen wasted away and died in Middle Earth, and could not be reunited with her family because she chose Aragorn. So in this situation does Arwen get to come to Valinor too?
Anyways, great story!
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 5 . 11/20/2012
I absolutely love the idea of Elrond arriving in Valinor and then deciding "no, my youngest son is still in Arda-I must go back" and beginning to turn the ship around.
Kything to Write chapter 9 . 10/29/2012
Sweet Eru. I really don't know what to say. Let's stick to this—this is certainly the best story I've read on this site, ever, in any category. My God. I don't think there are enough superlatives to express how I feel.

All the characters were brilliantly done—I was especially delighted to see a kind Thranduil and a kind Elrond not biting each others' heads off, and the Valar, and Celebrían's part in the whole story. Your OCs and your portrayal of Halbarad and Aries was also beautiful, and I must admit, Aries was only a little less intriguing than Legolas and Aragorn.

The only part I had a small problem with–and even then, I suppose it is not more than a minor quibble–is that there are times when Estel uses Westron with the elves. I'm merely curious as to your reasoning behind it, because I envision his 'mother tongue' being Sindarin, as he is brought up by elves. This could also just be a misreading on my part, because I do find the two different speech marks a little complex to keep track of!

Other than that, I have to compliment you on your mixing of book and movie canon—I haven't seen it done satisfactorily before. And, strangely, I didn't miss Arwen at all. maybe it was the way this fic was playing with my emotions, making me cry at every other paragraph?

Lastly, I love the 'vagueness' of their relationship, especially in the last two chapters. Close friendships can be like that, because there really aren't clear-cut lines in affection, especially if people have known each other since childhood–when there are no lines–so it was very endearing to see this. The whole of the last chapter, from the 'joined at the foot' remark to the marriage jokes, resonated very personally with me so... just thank you.

I shall now shut up, because I have been very, very long, but there are no words to explain how much I love this story to bits and pieces.

Thank you for writing this, and an excellent job done :)
Dementra chapter 9 . 5/15/2012
Not that I mind reading about Aragorn and Legolas (they are my favourite LOTR characters), but what happened to Arwen? You've mentioned Elrond, Celebrian, Elladan, and Elrohir, but Arwen is missing from the scene. Wouldn't Arwen be missed as well?
Archiril chapter 8 . 1/8/2012
So wonderful! Thank you! :D
Sindarin Fan chapter 9 . 9/24/2011
Hello! I don't have a fanfiction account but I think your stories are very good and I really love Lord of the Rings and since you don't seem to hate slash, do you think you can do an Aragorn/Legolas slash for me please? It can concentrate around anything only not too much pain or drama and with a happy ending and no mpreg and I don't mind Arwen existing or not. Thanks you.
Idril Elle chapter 9 . 8/31/2011
this fic was just AMAZING! beautiful and omg i love it so much!

def an enjoyable read for me so i'll def be favoriting it! :D
OrlandosLover2009 chapter 9 . 8/21/2011
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG WOW I havent read this story since I donk know when. I was crying. It was so beautiful. From start to begining my attention was captured again. Its been a good many years since I have read this and Im so happy I found it and had the opportunity to read it again. They truly dont make stories this magically anymore. This will always always be a classic and favorite LOTR story to me. Gosh will you ever write some LOTR stories again someday. Maybe a sequel? hint hint!
CosmicEssence chapter 9 . 8/12/2011
This is simply and utterly divine! I admit I would have liked some more interaction after Legolas it seemed the ending was rather short in comparison to the rest of this but then again that might jus be because I didn't want this fic to end! SO so glad you didn't do 2 endings, because yeah it would ahve taken away from the rest of the story and the emotions you continually portaryed here. I think this way allows for one to change their minds depending on moods...I know right now I'm seeing this as non-slash but catch me on a day that I'm in the mood for slash and the opposite will be true, I think.

Anyway...I loved the little flashbacks and how it was like having 3 or 4 stories all in one. I also really like you OCs...Aries appears in another of your fics (very briefly) doesn't he?

Also I've been looking for a fic just like this one for some time. Sods Law that I find it when not looking for it lol :P But your use of the Valar members? Authors don't use these guys enough, which I think is a kudos to you for doing so. Though I notice no mention of Arwen was made, which I did find a little strange especially in terms of say elrond and celebrian even though I'm not an Arwen lover myself.

This bit: Had anyone glanced at the deserted courtyard, they would have seen a shimmering, translucent image. A moment later, they would have dismissed it as a trick of the twilight: " It appears at the end. Is the scene in italics the scene that appears in the courtyard? Did that scene actually occur or...welll I'm not sure I get why that scene is there lets put it that way. Could you explain even though its probably really obvious :) Please?

I'm not going to tell you which parts were my favourites...although Estel's reunion with the twins, the flashbacks as I said (and many parts in those) and Estel and Legolas' reunion, Estel and Gimli's, and Thranduil too do come under that heading I fear I'll be exhausting the review word limit if I do that! _

Thank you SO much for writing this, its awesome! I will be rereading this for a long time to come.
gginsc chapter 9 . 4/21/2011
Sob! Sob! That was sooo beautiful! I love it.