Reviews for A Man Called Hope
Eosneve chapter 1 . 3/20
Whenever I feel a bit sad or depressed, I come here and read your LotR stories, which always cheer me up and make my day! Hannon le so much for sharing them!
wotumba1 chapter 9 . 1/25
so very sad sometimes and yet so filled with hope throughout...
truly wonderful story
Eosneve chapter 4 . 1/22
You'll find odd to read my reviews as this story has been completed for years, but I can't help myself!
I really don't care about Arwen that much, but Aragorn's and Legolas' deep friendship on the other hand... Oh my! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you describe it! It's so sweet! You are amazing! Thank you very much for your stories and please write more about those two!
Eosneve chapter 3 . 1/22
* melts away *
Please please please write more in this fandom and about Estel and Legolas! Anything would be appreciated and cherished! Thank you!
Tipper dehavilland chapter 9 . 10/4/2015
Love your story... But there is no mention of arwen...does she not exist in this story?
Book girl fan chapter 3 . 4/22/2014
What about Arwen? She gave up immortality to be with him, surely he could do that too!
Guest chapter 9 . 4/18/2014
Had to skip the kissing part, unfortunately, as I've read too much slash and I wish to keep the in-between/vague relationship between them. I find it very sweet, I wish I can witness it irl life. In males!
1sunfun chapter 9 . 11/28/2013
A really interesting story.
1sunfun
Deleted11152015 chapter 9 . 6/13/2013
Beautiful...
Guest chapter 9 . 4/1/2013
What about Arwen?
Is she stuck on Middle Earth because she married Aragorn (who was human at least then)?
I know this story is AU, but according to the Appendices in RotK Arwen wasted away and died in Middle Earth, and could not be reunited with her family because she chose Aragorn. So in this situation does Arwen get to come to Valinor too?
Anyways, great story!
Hannon-le!
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 5 . 11/20/2012
I absolutely love the idea of Elrond arriving in Valinor and then deciding "no, my youngest son is still in Arda-I must go back" and beginning to turn the ship around.
Kything to Write chapter 9 . 10/29/2012
Sweet Eru. I really don't know what to say. Let's stick to this—this is certainly the best story I've read on this site, ever, in any category. My God. I don't think there are enough superlatives to express how I feel.

All the characters were brilliantly done—I was especially delighted to see a kind Thranduil and a kind Elrond not biting each others' heads off, and the Valar, and Celebrían's part in the whole story. Your OCs and your portrayal of Halbarad and Aries was also beautiful, and I must admit, Aries was only a little less intriguing than Legolas and Aragorn.

The only part I had a small problem with–and even then, I suppose it is not more than a minor quibble–is that there are times when Estel uses Westron with the elves. I'm merely curious as to your reasoning behind it, because I envision his 'mother tongue' being Sindarin, as he is brought up by elves. This could also just be a misreading on my part, because I do find the two different speech marks a little complex to keep track of!

Other than that, I have to compliment you on your mixing of book and movie canon—I haven't seen it done satisfactorily before. And, strangely, I didn't miss Arwen at all. maybe it was the way this fic was playing with my emotions, making me cry at every other paragraph?

Lastly, I love the 'vagueness' of their relationship, especially in the last two chapters. Close friendships can be like that, because there really aren't clear-cut lines in affection, especially if people have known each other since childhood–when there are no lines–so it was very endearing to see this. The whole of the last chapter, from the 'joined at the foot' remark to the marriage jokes, resonated very personally with me so... just thank you.

I shall now shut up, because I have been very, very long, but there are no words to explain how much I love this story to bits and pieces.

Thank you for writing this, and an excellent job done :)
Dementra chapter 9 . 5/15/2012
Not that I mind reading about Aragorn and Legolas (they are my favourite LOTR characters), but what happened to Arwen? You've mentioned Elrond, Celebrian, Elladan, and Elrohir, but Arwen is missing from the scene. Wouldn't Arwen be missed as well?
Archiril chapter 8 . 1/8/2012
So wonderful! Thank you! :D
Sindarin Fan chapter 9 . 9/24/2011
Hello! I don't have a fanfiction account but I think your stories are very good and I really love Lord of the Rings and since you don't seem to hate slash, do you think you can do an Aragorn/Legolas slash for me please? It can concentrate around anything only not too much pain or drama and with a happy ending and no mpreg and I don't mind Arwen existing or not. Thanks you.