Reviews for Everlasting Hope
It’s an interesting story concept. However, for a Maia, she’s quite useless. I mean, she’s supposed to have gifts enhancing her battle prowess, but she gets injured in every single fight she ends up in. Gandalf coddles her in Moria. For example, if her gifts are supposed to enhance her battle prowess, shouldn’t she be able to stand on par with a Balrog just as Gandalf? You’re concept here is very flawed. If she really was the daughter of Varda, she shouldn’t be that weak.

Her past with Sauron does not line up with the original timeline, but that is easily overlooked.

It’s just sad that you took a character with a lot of potential and made her into a hopeless woman with some decent skills with a sword, and shiploads of tedious angst that worries everyone around her for no more reason than it fills the plot with something. In every single chapter someone asks if she’s “alright”. It gets old.
pineapple-pancake chapter 46 . 12/27/2017
Thank you for writing and publishing this story!
cat.m.ford chapter 46 . 10/17/2017
This was amazing from start to finish. Best OC I have ever read in a LOTR FF. I had a favorite story before but now this has become my new favorite! Not only does it have a great plot(all the original writing) but it's written well(better than well, brilliant really!). I may check out your other stories if their summaries grab my interest.
Toreh chapter 46 . 8/18/2017
This story was absolutely phenomenal. I know this was written many years ago, but thank you for sharing with us.
Adahmel chapter 46 . 8/11/2017
Stunning! Absolutely stunning!
btlmotormouth chapter 46 . 1/30/2017
I absolutely loved this so story!
Blazeb79 chapter 46 . 12/5/2016
It was a good story i only disliked how she portrayed as a badass at the beginning but would literally passout and get injured in every fight. Now injury during war is understandable but i mean she is supposd to be the most experienced and have these extra powers. She seemed more normal with few meaningles powers. Anyway still liked it fun story. Oh when i mean meaningles, i mean self heal of small wounds pshhhh. I was thinking wolverine style or has control over an element or can teleport something unique and worthy of someone of her status but she was more like Eowyn but more stubborn.
ro781727 chapter 11 . 3/9/2016
Sauron's original name was Mairon. Annatar was an ALIAS he gave himself...in the SECOND AGE.
ro781727 chapter 10 . 3/9/2016
Carita would have made a good OC...but you ruined her character and this story's potential by her history with Sauron (making her "wise" yet naive, especially when Sauron fell into Morgoth's service long before the First Age and already had a cruel reputation). You also displayed ignorance over the timeline. Finally, how could she be a Maiar yet not be as powerful as Gandalf?
ro781727 chapter 7 . 3/9/2016
Sauron became evil LONG before the First Age!
ro781727 chapter 2 . 3/9/2016
Gandalf called her Cartia at one point. Also, MAIA is singular while MAIAR is plural (Gandalf led the MAIA away, not Maiar).
Black Eye-Patch Pie chapter 46 . 2/17/2016
Loved it! Thanks for this story, it filled me with ALL the feels and I'm so glad I read it ;)
Carita was a fabulous OC, you should be very proud of such a wonderful creation!
Black Eye-Patch Pie chapter 43 . 2/17/2016
Sorry that your inspiration was waning when you were writing these last chapters but I thought Thranduil's reaction was nice ;) I'm glad he didn't go all macho and try to ruin everything XD This has been a great fanfiction and I'm so glad that you stuck with it to the end (I knew I haven't finished it yet but I just couldn't wait to review XD)
Black Eye-Patch Pie chapter 28 . 2/17/2016
Aragorn! You little cutie-pie! :3
Guest chapter 11 . 12/15/2015
No! U can't just try and forget it! What if it comes up again?! huh? They need to discuss it and Legolas needs to do some groveling! And galadriel should have been harsher with him!