Reviews for Green Eyes
NiteAngel chapter 4 . 2/10/2009
i REALLY liked how you ended this story. lots of angst which is fine with me as long as it has a happy ending. really well written as usual.

i mean... WOW! what a way to END this! i wanna know what happens next!

sigh... it's NOT the end!

ok. umm... oh yeah! song fic... i'm the say as you... i usually don't read the songs in a story but since you wrote it at the beginning of each chapter it was ok. and your explanation at the start of the story made me actually take note. it goes really well with the story.

Well Done!

NiteAngel

Lulu chapter 4 . 1/8/2009
That was beautiful! I sure do hope there is a sequel!
LandonLover chapter 4 . 12/4/2008
Very nice. LOVED his last line. And especially the "stood up straighter." Although I have to say I'm surprised she proposed with them only dating for 39 days. I read that and was like "holy crap!" But bravo! ;-*
Annie M1 chapter 4 . 12/7/2006
SunRei,

First of all kudos to you on a great song selection. I keep meaning to pick up a copy of anything Ms Badu has produced, and this is the best incentive I've come across to do so yet! Not only did I have the tune playing as I read this story, as you suggested, but I've still got in on now, in my attempt to offer you some feedback.

"Green Eyes" was an interesting look inside of Lois' psyche. I thought you drew an incredibly vulnerable picture of Lois here. She really put her heart out there in this story, especially when she confronted Clark in the final chapter. There were times, as I was reading, that her anxiety seemed so real, so palpable, that I was sure her emotions were becoming my own. :-)

My only quibble would be that I would have liked to have experienced this story from Clark's POV also. Having said that, I guess I pretty much know that he was doing his usual "noble" thing; trying to back out before Lois got "hurt" by his secret. All the time of course, he's too blinkered to see that all of those things he's trying so hard to avoid have already occurred and now he doesn't know how to fix it without making things worse. Hey, I guess you don't need to write a version for Clark after all! Dag nab it!

Was Diana's inclusion meant to confuse the reader into thinking she was Clark's new girlfriend? Or was she here to function for some other purpose? It's just that I don't believe that Clark's the cheating kind, or the type to jump into another relationship so soon after one has ended. So, for me Diana was the weakest link-although, again the other side of my brain agrees that Lois would be ticked that he seems to be moving on so quickly.

Okay, to summarize, I thought "Green Eyes" was well written and thought provoking. And a pretty cool thing to create for your birthday-happy belated-I wish I thought to do something like this (write any kind of fic) for my own recent birthday.

Annie
Darrel Doomvomit chapter 4 . 12/4/2006
:) hehe. he flew. that makes me happy.
lifesend chapter 4 . 12/2/2006
oh wow this is a great story. If only all songfics could be as good as yours.

I love the vast array of emotions you've expressed through Lois, and I can't to read what Clark's response would be. Please update soon!
Storyluver chapter 4 . 12/2/2006
Ahahahahaha!

whoo, it gets to it!

But I have a question. If he didnt want her to know about his powers and stuff before, then why would he have gotten into another relationship where he might have come to the same point?

CindyB chapter 4 . 12/1/2006
Mep, no, you can't stop there. More please.
Arhazivory chapter 4 . 12/1/2006
That was great SunRei... :) "I flew" - nice way to end it.
KILLERGRIM23 chapter 4 . 12/1/2006
THAT CAN'T BE ALL CAN IT? PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S MORE OR A SEQUEL? PLEASE WRITE MORE!
katetd369 chapter 4 . 12/1/2006
luv this story hope theres a follow up big clois fan.
LucyKevinfan chapter 4 . 12/1/2006
That was an amazing chapter! You must update this, it's really good!
Joanna chapter 4 . 12/1/2006
Yay, Clark for finally telling her the truth! Lois was so brave to put her heart out there again after Clark broke up with her. I can't believe she asked him to marry her after only one month of dating. That was kinda fast and I can more understand why Clark did what he did.
JaysHeartsDesire chapter 4 . 12/1/2006
All I have to say is...Wow, that was intense ) Sad to see it ending here, but absolutely loved it too!
OnceInAWhile chapter 3 . 11/30/2006