Reviews for A Matter of Standards
AtlantisQueenx chapter 1 . 1/9
This writing is beautiful. You're portrayal of Norrington is excellent compared to many other works. Great read.
Copper's Mama chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
great story, loved it!
NarcissaVenus chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
This was really good.
GoldenFawkes chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Ugh, damn it; why'd she have to be Mrs. Turner? I don't like Will!
piewacket chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Okay, only the fact that this is so incredibly well witten allows me to forgive you for being so cruel to Norrington!

We'll have to agree to disagree about how he would have behaved with the strumpet. LOL

The name of the ship,HMS Penitence, is truly inspired.
Turning Pirate chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Congratulations! You and your fantastic story have been inaugurated into the "Pirates of the Caribbean FanFiction Hall of Fame".

Please visit my profile page for more details.

It's not as grand as it sounds, but we hope that by setting this up we are providing a valuable service for all PotC FanFiction lovers out there.

Please come and make some nominations of your own, share your wisdom or just join in the fun!
Christina Simon chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
I really enjoyed this. I'm always up for a little illicit Elizbeth/Norrington, when I can find it!
JeanieBeanie33 chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Expertly written. I especially liked the very end.
Astraeas Dreams chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Wow, a very good piece of work! I enjoyed reading it very much! Thank you!

Bye Astraeas Dreams
Katie chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
*gasp* That hussy! First, she's engaged to Norrington, but she likes Will, then she breaks it off with Norrington and kisses Will, then they get engaged, then she starts to emotionally and psychically connect to Jack, then she starts to have these desires for him, then she makes out with him only to leave him to die and break his heart, and in the process, betrays Will, and now she married Will but is still friends with Jack and now she sexes up Norrington. That bitch. Great story.
sudoku chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Actually it is well written, I like the part when you contrast Norrington and the ship. I believe Elizabeth could do what she did although I am not sure about whether Norrington would do that, he could swing both ways (his characters in CotBP and DMC seem to be in opposite direction). Did you mean Norrington was ill-tempered? I thought he was a pretty calm and collected one, at least in CotBP.
BadLilBirdies chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
I really, really like this story. But I'm wondering why they were approaching the Penitence with a white flag up in the first place. Beautifully written though. I like it alot.