Reviews for The Ex Factor
jackjenfan chapter 30 . 8/6
Why couldn't this happen on the Soap!
Sarah being alive!
Gwen marrining someone who deserves her cause Eturd never dld
xSmallLadySerenity13 chapter 31 . 1/31
This story was pretty great! I enjoyed the rivalry yet working together Theresa/Gwen had to do to find Sarah and I also enjoyed them calling each other and Ethan out along the way! I think every Passions fan will agree that Sarah’s death changed the course of the famous love triangle and really up the stakes for everyone involved! I don’t agree with Theresa sharing custody though Gwen and Rebecca treated her horribly when it came to Jane! Anyways great story and i look forward to reading the others! Im currently writing a passions fic too feel free to check it out!
Guest chapter 30 . 8/19/2017
I didn't just enjoy this fic, Ava Sinclair-I've encoded every beat and twist into my memory as my be all, end all head-canon for the show. I don't even have to glimpse the sequel to know that your vision and talent has given me all the closure I could ever want or need for this insanely unforgettable show because your gift is just as insanely unforgettable. Thank you so much for taking us on this journey. I'm SO late to the party but I'm just as glad for the ride!
Guest chapter 30 . 8/19/2017
I don't know what to say. I made a point of dropping comments once I passed the halfway point but I don't think I have enough words to convey what an experience this story was for me. Soaps in general don't usually enjoy multi-chapter, ensemble fics like this, much less Passions, the ugly step-child of soapdom. It's funny because I'm actually ruthlessly protective of my characters so I disagree with ~70% of everything because I adore Theresa and loathe Gwen and anything resembling Gwen's happiness. Same goes for loving Luis and Fox and Whitney, disliking Fancy (brat), Kay (spawn), and Chad (prick) and LOATHING Ivy for obvious reasons. Still, as I've said before, this story was so beautifully and skillfully written that this closure feels earned and believe me when I say that that makes all the difference. I devour fanfiction, I know of what I speak. And I only ever pick one fic (or author) per fandom for my headcanon...
Guest chapter 29 . 8/19/2017
Yeah, I will never stopping hating Gwen for making this necessary.

Why, oh why, Theresa, must you keep proving yourself worthy of everything good and beautiful in life?
Guest chapter 28 . 8/19/2017
Look, it's entirely possible that Theresa is a borderline pathological liar. Heaven knows, I've adored darker characters (the real Todd Manning comes to mind...) so that wouldn't phase me one bit. But I've always been of the mind that maybe the problem with Theresa lying so much wasn't that Ethan couldn't trust her but that, rather, she couldn't trust him to stand by her if she were honest with him. And that's on Ethan, isn't it? His self-righteous, condescending, hypocritical "woe is me" posturing may have had it's place as the almighty Crane heir but as the boy who loved the housekeeper's daughter, the man who CHOSE her above everything else? He should've left that B.S. at the door with his so-called birthright. Would've save my girl a whole lot of grief over a whole lot of years. In fact, while I'll always believe that Theresa was the very best thing that ever happened to Ethan, depending on the day (and whether I feel like swooning over or swinging at Ethan), there are times I'm just as sure that Ethan is the very worst.

Also, Kieran is full of win and SO much better than Gwen could ever possibly deserve. Damn her.
Guest chapter 27 . 8/19/2017
Beautiful. Simply beautiful. *sniffles...*
Guest chapter 26 . 8/19/2017
Well, crap. I was hoping the way Luis kept lumping Fancy together with Paloma and remained completely oblivious to her painfully obvious flirting meant that he was still so gone for Sheridan that his mind (and heart) just couldn't (and wouldn't) go there.

Also, I knew Gwen would get off easy. Yes, she's suffered but the fact remains that she lost Sarah because she put her hatred before her baby's safety by leaving that hospital to attack Theresa just like she put her hatred before her so-called "love" for Ethan by betraying him to the tabloids and, worst of all, like she put her hatred before her humanity when she stole Little Ethan AND Jane and when she walked away while Alistair raped Theresa.

There's a darkness at Gwen's core that has run rampant for YEARS thanks to everyone else's whitewashing at Theresa's expense and for that I will never believe she deserves a happy ending. That said, if anyone could'v convinced me otherwise, it would've been you, Ava Sinclair, through this story BECAUSE you wrote everyone so true to character that the closure actually feels earned, if not entirely warranted. So thank you for that, Ava. Really-thank you.
Guest chapter 25 . 8/19/2017
But I don't want it to end! :(
Guest chapter 24 . 8/19/2017
I'm SUPER critical so when I committed to reading this, I did it because I knew you were strong writer who could pull this off but now... this climax is paying off in spades! I'm SO glad I discovered your awesome talent-thank you!
Guest chapter 23 . 8/19/2017
Yay, Rina! Paloma's powers of unjustified guilt-tripping have finally come in handy!
Guest chapter 22 . 8/19/2017
Okay, you are going to shut Jared up eventually, right? I hate it when brand, spanking new characters saunter into the scene thinking they can just magically erase history without even bothering to know any of the facts. Yeah, I'm looking at you too, Fancy...
Guest chapter 20 . 8/19/2017
Bravo! That confrontation wasn't just long overdue but also well worth the wait for being so well written. And I'm not just saying that because you've so beautifully reminded us why Theresa will always be the better woman... ;)
Guest chapter 19 . 8/19/2017
THEY didn't blow it, Gwen did! As usual, Theresa TRIED to back down but Gwen NEVER lets her!
Guest chapter 18 . 8/19/2017
It probably doesn't help that I've recently re-watched the show so my hatred of Gwen is back in full force but why do I have a terrible feeling that Gwen is going to get off WAY too easy for everything she's done-including getting poor Fred killed?! UGH!