Reviews for War and Peace In Mind
Mira Solara chapter 23 . 5/2
Okay so I like to leave off reviewing until I'm at the end of a story so I can take in the full scope, but so far this has just been SO GOOD and I would love to read it as a published work or even better see it in theaters and oh my god it's amazing I love the new takes on their powers! What really pushed me into reviewing NOW, though, was just quite simply the NAME. Warren Peace is Phoenix! I LOVE IT AND I LOVE YOU! ~Miracle Hope Solara
Extremely, well done - thanks!
Esciam chapter 9 . 9/13/2015
Just to say to Im reading the story, and Im glad you write it! Sky High deserve goods fanfics just like this! And you have a great imagination...
Alta-Lemur chapter 49 . 8/20/2015
I just reread this. If I hadn't reviewed before, I wanted to let you know that this is a good fanfic and very enjoyable read. Thank you for writing.
Clarinetsl chapter 49 . 7/9/2015
This was honestly one of the best stories I've read on this site. You started a little rocky, the sentence structures were weird and seemed 'clipped' for lack of a better word. I noticed a marked improvement after Warren graduated and it only got better from there. I really enjoyed reading this and now I have a request. I would like to see you a new story spinning off this one. You created some really unique characters that I would like to see more of, specifically the Battle family, and The Fire Court. I really loved them, I haven't felt this strongly for fictional characters since I first discovered Harry Potter. I think a story about The Fire Court, the current ones, growing up and into their powers along with the eventual betrayal of The Red Knight would be perfect, especially if you continued it until after Warren's supposed betrayal. This may be something you don't wont or have time to do, but I would read it and loved it. Please consider it?
C.S. Williams chapter 49 . 6/3/2015
I’m not sure if you’ll even get this anymore—always a danger when reading stories finished for seven years!—but I figured I owed it to you to try. Because holy crap. Holy. Crap. You basically ruined my life for an entire week, I want you to know. Staying up until 5 AM to read *just one more chapter* (it’s never just one more chapter), only to be forced to stop right when Monica orchestrates Warren’s abduction, and *then* have to somehow try to run my life until I can read again? That’s impossible. Forget super strength and supersonic flying. I’d be more impressed if Will had managed Super Compartmentalization.

Let’s be clear: when I say “ruined my life,” I mean that in the best possible way. I don’t think I’ve ever had a universe suck me in as completely as yours did. I never really got into Sky High fanfic, mostly because I didn’t care for Warren as a character. Someone recently referenced your fic as one of the absolute best she’d ever read (and without the typical “Warren just needs to be loved!” bent fanfic authors love so much), so I decided to give it a shot. I can officially say I think you’ve converted me.

The continuity in your story is just fantastic. That more than anything impressed me, and that’s saying something given all that impressed me. In a story the length of three regular novels, not even counting side stories and sequels, I don’t think you ever tripped yourself up on sequence of events, and pretty much every scene you mentioned something I’d completely forgotten. And the tiebacks to the movie? Oh, man. Will announcing there was, “Big trouble. Downtown”? I laughed so hard.

But that was just part of it. The existing characterizations were consistent and spot on. The new characterizations were masterfully done. The action scenes, the pacing, the dialogue, the inner monologues, all handled expertly. The myriad superhero/supervillain names? Brilliant. (Kill-o-Watt gets special mention here.) I laughed, I feared, I almost lost it when Warren went crazy and Layla got walloped. Seriously, more emotional than I’ve gotten over writing in years.

One last note before I quit gushing and try to regain some semblance of a normal existence: the way you tied everything together was simply masterful. Your invented backstory for Warren, his powers, his family, and the way those ultimately came together over the course of the story and in the final battle, was just *so good.* I’m still in awe. I kept thinking you couldn’t top yourself. I kept being wrong.

So, thank you. I lost a week of my life, but I am so, so glad I did. Thanks for leaving this up for me to discover years later. Just an amazing story and an awesome job writing it. The movie feels so inadequate now!
lu40953 chapter 42 . 5/16/2015
DUDE! This is becoming so epic! For one, I'm kinda glad you didn't just shove Warren with the Ice girl. They are becoming quite the pair 3 And such great planning! The story so far must have taken a lot of planning and organization to get it to feel real. And boy, does it feel real! I really wish I could write like you. You're amazing!

I look forward to reading the next few chapters. ;w; I half want to read the end, and i half don't want to (because this is, by far, the best FanFic I have read).
lu40953 chapter 25 . 5/14/2015
Gosh I loved this chapter :D All those feels, and I genuinely feel like they're real people. Good job with your character development! I love it! My favorite part is when Will mentioned the happy skippy Warren part from a previous chapter.
lu40953 chapter 13 . 5/12/2015
Oh my gosh. Can I just say this chapter was both hilarious and heart warming? You're a brilliant writer! :D I can't believe I didn't discover this story until just a few days ago! Really, an awesome job you're doing here!
lu40953 chapter 5 . 5/12/2015
This is getting so great! I'm so hyped up to see what you've put together in the next chapter :D
lu40953 chapter 2 . 5/11/2015
I really love how you gave his point of view! :D My favorite part was the nurse's part. The idea that fire users inhale more oxygen makes a lot of sense. :D Can't wait to read more.
Motherofthehorde chapter 49 . 2/23/2015
I liked this story. Very well written. Wonderfull character development.
Thank you for taking the time to write.
Motherofthehorde
Guest chapter 49 . 9/9/2014
just finished. Fantastic!
MilleniumHeart323 chapter 49 . 9/8/2014
Thank you so much for putting all the time and effort you did into this story. It was a thrill to read and by far the most well written Sky High fanfiction I have yet to come across. Thanks again!
Intelligent Magic chapter 49 . 9/1/2014
Wow, just wow, this is amazing, it is quite possibly the best story I have read on in the last 5 years I have been reading fanfiction here. I wanted to start saying all the brilliant things about this story but quite frankly I don't think I could manage to type everything up; every aspect of this story is simply brilliant the characters, the plot lines - the fact it was finished! I have dedicated a whole day to reading this story starting from waking up and carrying on to 2 am the next day because I simply couldn't stop reading it! The fact that you kept all the characters well written and in character and even introduced a few OC's who managed to not be Mary Sue's and just fit the story perfectly, something made all the more impressive by the fact that this is a Sky High fanfiction and this fandom has a lot of Mary Sue's and self-inserts. Which I am very glad for as I enjoyed the movie and thought that it had great fanfiction potential but have found a lot of the stories to have flaws that I couldn't over look but you didn't and you made a masterpiece so thank you very much for that I am very grateful! Seriously I am so very impressed by this story and your writing you did amazingly and if you're not I would seriously suggest you to have a novel or something along those lines published because just wow! Back to an earlier point that I have so many things to praise you for, from making Will so powerful but not a Gary-Sue and doing brilliantly with Monica but I have already spent several minutes writing this review and I don't have the time to go into all the ways that this is amazing!
So thank you, thank you and thank you again for taking the time out to write this wonderfully brilliant work for which I am extremely grateful!