Reviews for Cripple
CressidaRene chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
Oh, poor Ed! I can imagine moments like this happened a lot right after he had his surgery. Ed would be pushing himself to get on his feet again as fast as possible, as he was so driven to want to find a way to reverse their mistake. And one thing he never thought about himself was being a cripple, so it's no wonder he would reject Winry's sympathy. But it's too bad that he sparked Winry's temper, which brought about her dangerous wrench-throwing habit. Seriously, I kept expecting a chapter in the manga, or an episode of the manga where one too many of Winry's wrenches struck their target, and Ed ended up with amnesia, or a concussion, or needed stitches (which would assault his needle phobia), etc. Hadn't Ed been put through enough pain in his short life without Winry beaning him with a steel rod (wrench) all the time?

Anyway, I really enjoyed your one-shot story, it was a great character piece between Ed and Winry.
Hyperthia chapter 1 . 8/8/2009
Wow! That was so beautifully written!

Made me cry :'( So touching!
Kim CC chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Yeah, Ed would absolutely HATE being viewed as a cripple.
KatsyKat chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
... but what about Al? He's still outside all alone. LOL I liked Winry's determination here.
aka Arashi chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
Holy cow! You should have PMed me that you'd written this! I've been quite busy lately and didn't even see this until I was surfing through reviewer's fav lists! By chance, pure chance, did I find this! And I LOVE IT! Absolutely love it! I was reading it and I was like YEAH, that's the STUFF! Hits ya RIGHT THERE! *taps chest*

So good.. really good.. actually inspires me to get off my duff and get my next chapter posted (as there are a LOT of similarities between this and my next chapter of BMS).

Poor Ed, Poor Winry! Poor Al! But they're all so darn STRONG! Love it! Thanks for writing this, and next time you do something all new and awesome, I'll know! *adds you to author alerts*
LadyRiona chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
Fwee, I did finish it! _ Read it while talking about lovely vegetarianess with you...lol I like your philosophy on the wrench-throwing beginning. And angst! Angst! Yay! I like it. :D And ty for the dedication. *blushes* Ed/Win is teh goodness.

Well, there's a whole bunch I wanna say but I can't figure out for the life of me how to say it. xD Since it's 2 AM'n'all...but it boils down to the fact that I like the emotional bit that Ed has about walking...yes, something like that. xD

Anyway. Have fun in Israel hon. :) Bring back pictures for me.

~Mel
Beboots chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Aw... Now this was cute. :) Angst and hurt-comfort (sorta) with an uplifting ending! XD

I just loved the line where Winry angsted because Ed couldn't stand, let alone run, and then later when she realized that he couldn't even throw a proper tantrum! ;_; ANGST! (very good angst, though - and quite original, in my opinion).

And I just love the ending: "But he nodded". XD A very satisfying ending, in my opinion!

There need to be more fics set between Ed loosing his limbs and the time he enlisted. Lots of angst opportunities! And time to reinstill hope! :D So, again, I love this fic for that.

Rock on, and keep writing more awesome FMA fics! XD
smilingcheerios chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Quite a nice one-shot. _

I haven't read too many fics about this transition time but I found this one very good. I thought you did a good job with the charachters, mainly Winry, sort of coming to terms with the changes that have suddenly happened. I liked the wrench origin part as well.

Great job.
Harryswoman chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
this is really great! it was sweet too! keep up the great work and write more fanfictions!
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Hooray!

I love it! Excellent job as usual! (I rather liked the part where Ed couldn't even throw a proper tantrum anymore)

Cheers,

Tails
Miss Woodford chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
You call that angst? That isn't angst. Angst is hopelessness and helplessness morphing into self-pity. But Winry and Ed aren't helpless, I noted how Winry floundered for a bit before she got pissed. And that dragged Ed out of his little "poor poor pitiful me" snit. Well, the wrench throwing helped. As long as they have cleansing anger to help them snap out of it, Ed and Winry will be fine.
RoseOfSharon28 chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
loved the story! great job!
Legendary Chimera chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
AH ED, we all know the truth now. It's your own fault she throws wrenches at you. That made me giggle in the midst of all the drama. You have the best one shots:)