Reviews for Lucky
Tara chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
that was really good..it's a shame you dropped it. although I think I'd prefer if it was pure friendship as I'm starting to get sick of all the slash, lol. And it's so rare to see an Ayame and Kyo bonding fic. I think you're better at humor and when you tone down the angst. I've read some of your angsty fics, and they tend to go overboard with the melodrama. But you still write well. anyway, hopefully you come back to this someday?
Tokirin chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
Hyuu

Wonderful work, you're incredibly talented :3

You've certainly got the characters down to pat xD
loretta537 chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
hi, this is a good story so far, but what happens next? you said there would be 5 chapters and you've only done the first one. could you please finish this story.
geko-blackjack chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Interesting story! I look forward to the next chapter. _
Minxmessenger chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
hope you update soon
destijl chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
Wah! I hope this isn't discontinued! I'm so intrigued!

How ever did you manage such character interaction between these two? It's so natural and well done! I want to know what Kyo will learn from dear Aaya.
gleekraisedfromperdition chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
update soon!
Adi88 chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
WHOO this is gonna be good. I can’t say I go out looking for Kyo/Aya, but the only other example I’ve seen has been just that - exemplary. Plus it’s so incongruous it has to work. All hail Mayuko-chan for this challenge to a lady who is going to do incredible things with it, as she always does! [Over a VERY long period of time, but then who am I to talk? Stone me as a hypocrite…] Okay, that was just from reading the summary. Now I buckle down and get serious, bay-bee.

Hn. No sir, not Souma Kyo. HA-HAHA! Yield, Kyo-kun! Yield to the power[s] of Ayame [and Kurai Himitsu, authoress extraordinaire]! Oh yes. I love it already. In the words of an icon I saw on LJ once, “Dance, puppets, dance!” Sorry, I’m giddy from lack of sleep… don’t mean to imply that there’s any sacrificing of in-characterness, because while I’m two seconds in, I trust you never to do that unless sore pressed by The Plot. Just, again, giddy and babbling.

“The voice made Kyou freeze with a look akin to a deer caught in the lights of a speeding eighteen-wheeler semi.” Oh. My. God. So much love. I adore this sentence. Wonderful new spin on an old but beloved phrase, making me happy as a clam.

“I was just passing and saw your stupid sign—I was admiring its stupidity.” -Damnit. This is gonna be one of those reviews where I spend the whole time applauding the one-liners, isn’t it? I mean damnit for you, because I realize it’s likely a bit useless and annoying from your perspective. From mine, it’s true love.

Whu-whaat? Aaya in a CAST? Okay, yeah, that got me completely off-balance. Now I’m utterly hooked, needing many explanations… and thank you so so so much for taking care of the “Kyo’s rich” problem. Needs help in store more - this is exactly the kind of motional logic I love so. Just a little nod, dismiss the problem, thank you… [And, another line. “Of course Ayame would pull the Tohru-card. Shigure probably told him to. Goddamit!”]

“the words that made Kyou’s blood freeze. ‘It’s time to get you a uniform!’ ” Did it again! Did it again! Although I have to admit it did something rather different to my blood. …Great. Tiredness has also turned me into a raging perv. I mean, I’m always a perv, but it tends to take… uh… different things to set me off. Not poor Kyon in a uniform, e.g.

Oh gods. Yess. Kyon locked in a room, being forced to wear something delectable. And, again, thank you for the supreme logic of not putting him in a girl’s outfit. [Yet. One has to wonder how long anyone can stand against Ayame… but really, there’s no way this soon, and it makes me all weepy with gratefulness. Anyway, I can imagine Kyo in whatever I want, ne?] Plus, “Let me out, you psycho!” and Aaya’s constant and confidant tirade are as unto balm on a wound. I needed some lighthearted, high-quality stuff, and to think I’ve been missing out for so long… But here it is now, or rather here I am now, and all is well. Thank the gods for you. So few people can do lighthearted and make it this GOOD.

Heh. Snake on the shirt. Sweet. And the outfit sounds so cool… Ah, lovely. Claustrophobia! Not only can I relate to a certain extent, I find it very becoming in a man. Vulnerability, ne? Guilty Ayame also a plus. So lovely. Hoot! Snakes on the rug! Things keep getting better… Oh lord, Ayame reminding Kyo of The Shining guy is beyond words-wonderful. I’m humming the Twilight Zone right now….

Akito above, you write Ayame so well… And Kyo. I’m just more jealous of your Ayame-abilities and so they come up more.

“Besides, you have so very little imagination. Sad, really.” Mua-HAHAH.

Ooh… Aya sad? Uh-oh… why the wrongness over payment? Shoot [in a good way]! I knew it! Too good to be only comedy. …Unless he was just making a perverted joke or something and that was why with the “tainted.” But I confess I hope not. Contradictory creature that I am.

“Why am I the only sane one?” Whoop-de-do!

Mysteries of the laptop! All RIGHT. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh. He’s so gonna find the time to peek…

“Something deep inside of Kyou recoiled at the woman” Love! There’s a line. Exuberant equals evil. Hn. So long as it stands as a joke line. Please don’t make Miine-san evil…

Pestering!Shigure. Always good. And sweet Tohru-chan… Nn, the switch to her POV there is a bit disorienting in a not-as-good way, but completely overlookable in the splendor. Shigure saying that Kyo doesn’t care for him anymore, for example…

…I have no right whatsoever to ask that you write more soon, do I? I won’t. Just, um, sort of lodge a formal comment to the effect [affect? shite] that if another chapter were to appear, I would be Pleased. Styla fing. You know? *nervous laughter* But that aside, THIS chapter reigns triumphant. Three cheers all around!
littlefiction chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
Oh, this is going to be great! Excellent first chapter!
HanaTohruShipperMorgan chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
I read this several days ago, so it's not really fresh in my memory, but I finally found time to review, so here I am! I'm going to quickly skim through it again to refresh my memory.

...

Okay, I think that should be sufficient. In any case, I really enjoyed this! You should write more humorous fics and less angst. Angst is nice, but much harder to pull off, and I liked imagining Kyou recoiling in horror from a maid's uniform. It was an enjoyable, easy read, and I didn't come across anything that I can remember disliking.

In other words: Good work! I'm looking forward to the later chapters.

Sorry this is kind of short, I've run out of time...

Have a great day!

Hana
Crystaline-Crimson chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Well -I- liked it, and I shall be looking out for more! D

AayaxKyou pairing? Sweet. Different, but sounds good to me. xD
elliott ashes chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
Yay, you posted it! I feel so honored that you're making it multi-chapter, I was really only expecting a short one-shot but this is a fantastic surprise. I'm so glad you liked my idea enough to put so much effort into this. This story literally made my day.

The writing itself is excellent, you did a great job keeping everyone in character. The way they interact is just so believable, and Kyou's thoughts are really well-written. I also enjoyed the way you described things, as I read this I could see all of this happening in my mind. You're very talented, keep writing! Of course I hope you update soon, but even if it takes a while it will be worth the wait if all the chapters are this high-quality.