Reviews for Echoing Street Signs
Lucillia chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
That was just...whoa.
walutahanga chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Hi. I was just going through my favourites list for Superman Returns fics, and I can't believe I didn't review this when I first found it. This is probably my all-time favourite of Superman fics because it pairs up my two favourite characters - Chloe and Richard. Two amazing characters in their own right who, for whatever reason, end up playing second fiddle to Lois and Clark. I could go through all the reasons I love the pairing, but I think I'll settle for stating why I love this fic in particular. Richard's loss is so poignant and resigned. He knows it's inevitable and I think what Chloe is offering him is some small control over what's happening, to be the one ending it rather than the one losing out. That line 'The door shuts quietly behind them, and that says everything really' is just gorgeous and hints that Richard on some level knows exactly why she's there but won't admit to it. The physicality of the characters is simple and lovely and shows everything it needs to. 'She is compact, but long in the way she sprawls on his couch'. I love the way you use the charcter's perspective to show their feelings. Too many people force the environment to change to reflect the characters' emotions or just state them outright, but you use the character's perception of their environment to show what they're feeling. Particularly this line; 'The mug looks blunt and angry in her hands'. The mug isn't angry, but Richard is, and you get a strong sense of this. There's a real depth of feeling in this story, too many lovely lines to point out, but every line nailing exactly what it's trying to convey. I love how Richard starts off pretending Chloe is Lois, then realizes that he doesn't want to. Going by that and the sequel, I'm assuming that Richard does discover he has feelings for Chloe? I hope so, because even though transfering to Iraq together isn't exactly riding off into the sunset, there's still a chance for a happy ending.
Soului chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Um, wow. That was profound. You know, I loved Superman Returns, and I always wondered what happened afterward with Richard and Lois. Keep up the great work.
BlueberryOcean chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
Have to love revenge.
Riana1 chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
This is why I follow your work. It is /real/, bittersweet and jagged edges all the way down to the bone.

I love your Chloe and adore how you worked her in.