Reviews for The Problem With Running
Reinna chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
XD Spring full-grown from cabbages indeed. Wonderful story- I've always sort of wondered at the dynamic between Balthier and Fran, and always got more of a 'partner' vibe from them than anything else, but you've managed to put it all into words- eloquent, beautifully written words at that.
Unemployable chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
I adore the writing style in this piece. It's out there and grabs your attention, insulting the Archadians and Viera. It's great.

And the way you describe the Balthier/Fran coupling is perfect, in my eyes. I've always imagined Fran as celibate because I think of the Viera as celibate, but, obviously, that's just my opinion. Many don't share that opinion, but I think that the two of them respect one another and are just really close friends.

"His father would take him back, if Balthier tried - Cid doesn’t change the locks on any of the doors, just like Archadia has never really refuses Balthier’s occasional presence either, always tolerant of its prodigal son."

I'd hate to be so picky on debatable matters, but I don't think that Cid would really let him back. Unless there is something from the ending that I'm not aware of, Cid is full of hatred when addressing his son, and is probably too insane (from being manipulated by Venat) to want to accept his son back.

However, this story is an excellent read and motivated me to write some FFXII fan-fiction of my own.
Cataracta chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
I like it. Fran and Balthier are one of my favorite couples, and her aloofness and his curiousity just go well together. Awesome job!
L.iefde chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
This is one of those (there are few) fics that I can read a number of times and still enjoy it very very much. Great writing and a funny&fantastic ending.
Rainfelt aka Phoe-chan chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
I rather like how Fran resolved (or rather, didn't) that little encounter at the end. Creative.

Nicely written; well done.

Phoe-chan
xoVanilla-Bean chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
This was so lovely! Haha, I loved the ending the most though. :D It was really realistic, and it seems to me that this was exactly the way it was. And the characters were so in tune. I love how you captured them perfectly!

I, regrettably, forgot some of the details of FFXII so I got just a tinsy bit confused on the kinds of people, but thats my problem! :P Still, one of the best FF XII I have read so far! Gonna be on my favs!
Mavellena chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Great story, very real. You write in a way that the reader feels emotion other than the 'sqee' (?spelling) thing which so many other fics give you. Loved the ending also. But it made me sad, what if Balthier was to die, wouldn't Fran regret all those unanswered questions? Or, ould it be etter. Anyway, great fic ;)
validaccount chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
I added this to my favorites a while back, but never properly reviewed, so - I feel I should get around to that. :)

This was the Balthier and Fran fic I was really itching to read after the game. Not explicitly sexual, not totally void of it, just - the two of them, partners, maybe a little bit more, being, well, *them*. I think you captured the nature of their relationship perfectly, and even though I am somewhat of a shipper, I pretty much see any "romance" between them ending the way you have it - it'll complicate things, and maybe ruin them, and that means more than the sex.

In conclusion: I loved it. Thanks for writing.
trapt-tage chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
While reading this I noticed how very much in character your Balthier is, and it made me rather happy to read dialogue capable of including the better educated end of his vocabulary. Fran, also seemed very well characterized. The structure and conventions used (or discarded, as it may be, though I didn't catch much of that, actually) were great to read, as it is a very flowing style. Nice attention to detail as well, with word choices portraying this. Personally, I was a fan of the themes.

So. Overall, it was much liked and very well written.
Omskivar chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
Wow. I really wish I knew what to say, because you deserve a good, in-depth review, but all I can really say is... wow. I love your style of writing, and you've kept both Balthier and Fran perfectly in character. For that, you have my thanks and my interest. I'll definitely be reading more of your work.
BE-Mistress chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
i completely love this. youve captured both of them perfectly and although im a little disappointed with the abrupt ending and the feeling of unfinished business, it was approriate for these two. i really hope you write more about them )
Momoko17 chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
You story is so sweet and extremely well-written, I really enjoyed reading it. My favorite part is the ending, itput a smile on my face. You did a great job of writing in character and I believe that this could have actually happened. Great work!
aria28 chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
Somehow I managed to miss that fic. Darn.

It was really, really good. One of the best piece I've ever read from Bal's point of view. He is different from what I had always imagined him, but you make your vision work perfectly. And like someone else said, it made me go lol! at the end.

I'm looking forward to read more from you _
Paper Bear chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
Ah... Very nice piece. Good job.
Nyaro chapter 1 . 12/2/2006