Reviews for The Violet Hour
Sita Z chapter 6 . 12/19/2006
Loved it, especially the end when it's obvious that it was not "just" the drug affecting Malcolm, but that he was feeling depressive even prior to the injury.

Again, great story. I'm always excited to discover that you've posted another fic. Happy writing (hint hint ;) )!
fififolle chapter 6 . 12/18/2006
Wow. A poison? Brilliant twist. And yet... Very good stuff. Thank goodness for Trip, and Phlox as well. Lovely Malcolmness throughout, terrific read, thanks.
fififolle chapter 5 . 12/18/2006
Ah. Well, I guess that's what lack of insight is all about. You think you know what's going on, think it's OK, then you look down and you're all covered in blood. *sigh* I guess Malcolm needs a bit more help after all. Very, very good chapter.
fififolle chapter 4 . 12/18/2006
Oh, it's very good. Very them. Excellent metaphorical stuff as well. It's going to be OK, I can feel it... *hopes*
fififolle chapter 3 . 12/18/2006
Oh gosh. This chapter was like a rollercoaster. Trip cutting in on Phlox in sickbay was just the most incredible scene. You could cut the atmosphere with a knife. Brilliant. Oh, the thought of Malcolm lying in that hotel in his jeans, man, it would have been hot if it wasn't so cold, you know what I mean. He needs help, and quick! Lovely stuff, you do it so well.
fififolle chapter 2 . 12/18/2006
Aw. That's just how he'd be. Not keen to spill his heart to fellow workers, too complicated. And out in space, that's all you have. Not a good recipe for the soul. Poor guy. And he would balme himself for not manipulating the Captain. *sigh* *hugs Malcolm* Great stuff, thanks :D
fififolle chapter 1 . 12/18/2006
I'm better late than never, I hope. This is a great set-up. Poor Malcolm, the angst was oozing from every pore. Please help him! I feel a bit chilly now...
Ad Absurdum chapter 6 . 12/14/2006
Great twist at the end with the drug on the arrow. And great story generally.

cheers

aa
Henrika chapter 6 . 12/10/2006
Interesting story. Seemed to fit in fairly well with how Malcolm would deal with those emotions. Keep writing!
Alpha Pegasi chapter 6 . 12/10/2006
A very interesting exploration of the dynamics of Trip and Malcolm's friendship - I really liked this one.
Hisster chapter 6 . 12/9/2006
AS always a great story. I like the ending.
Melethwen chapter 6 . 12/8/2006
This was a very good fic!

Just sorry i only just found it!

Good to know ppl are out there still writing fics about this series!

I liked it - and i liked how u investigated the grey areas of friendship - between break up and make up!

Thanx for sharing this fiction!

Keep up the good work!
Romanse chapter 6 . 12/8/2006
All good things must come to an end. This was a gem of a story. Wonderful agnst, friendship and resolution at the end.

Just a very, very minor comment here: your use of the word "gun" stuck out oddly. I haven't watched all the eps, but don't they call the weapons "phase pistols" or something like that?

Anyway, this was a fantastic story that dealt with a sensitive subject in a very compelling as well as entertaining way. Thanks so much for sharing your writing talent.
Begoogled chapter 6 . 12/8/2006
It's a relief to hear that his suicidal behaviour was from poisoning. Malcolm just doesn't seem that kind of man. But I can see him depressed though. I'm glad that in the end, he decides to take some action on renewing his friendship and understanding with Trip and Archer. Malcolm missing some of the conversation was a nice touch.

Thank you for writing this story!
volley chapter 6 . 12/8/2006
It's always sad when your stories come to the last chapter! You wrapped this up beautifully, even though you leave some to our imagination. You have a very enviable way of describing feelings with so little. I loved Malcolm's thoughts, his dark side coming through when he doubts the drug alone was the cause of his troubles. Oh - BTW - so I was right! It was a substance on the arrow, LOL!

Anyway, well done! Waiting patiently for your next story. ;-)