Reviews for Ramble On
vmprslyr chapter 8 . 12/29/2006
hey, great story! I cannot wait for your next one.. I love how you capture the relationship between Dean & Sam. It's a relationship I believe everyone wished they had with their sibling. I will be anxiously awaiting your next story.. Keep up the good work..
K Hanna Korossy chapter 8 . 12/28/2006
Too many times flashbacks are distracting in a fic, but here you use them right, adding another layer to your narrative and fleshing out what the characters are feeling and going through. I loved them all, even the ones I'd already seen on screen. I also loved Abe-I could picture Doc (especially with that Tyler mouth :), I felt for Mark and Brian, but I really got fond of Abe. His gentleness with a Dean who's not all there was just lovely. But your Sam & Dean take centerstage, as always. I love that you didn't have them separated for long at any point, that Dean was so determined to get Sam out of there and so crushed when his body betrayed him, that Sam kept him walking when Abe led the way out, that Dean was ready to die in peace because he knew Sam was safe, and that Sam wouldn't let him fall. So nicely done. I also love the little thought-provoking nuggets, like the subtle mentions of how smart Dean really is and the insights into his not-so-blind relationship with his dad. This story has left me a lot to think about, and I love that.

Small plot quibble: after making such a point of first having to take care of the bad guy before you see to the fallen, it struck me funny that Dean was so bent on retrieving his fallen brother while he knew the wendigo was close and getting closer. I might have missed something there, but that was a bit of an inconsistency to me.

Still, if it sets up a story like this? Not arguing. And ready for more!
parisindy chapter 7 . 12/27/2006
awesome story!
sallydeathhands chapter 8 . 12/26/2006
Jeez, I am so sorry for this very belated review! My older sister was in the hospital with pneunomia then illness has just but rampaging around our house. (I'm sick, was sick for Christmas, and didn't that suck out loud?) But anyway, again, I'm sorry for not reviewing! This story was so incredible, from start to finish. And I'm thrilled to hear that you're writing a new fic... even if it's dark... (uh... actually, I rather enjoy dark ones. Especially if they have Dean thumping, like yours seems to have) I can't wait!
modrocker423 chapter 8 . 12/25/2006
Ok, so I just finished reading this and I have to say that I'm just simply amazed with this story. It was so good and kept me hooked the entire time. You did a really great job expressing the strength of Sam and Dean's brotherhood...if that makes any sense. I also really loved your writing style. All in all, you're a really great author and I can't wait to read more of your work! :)
Dragonflysoul chapter 2 . 12/23/2006
Squee! Still oh so loving this! I fear I won't be able to finish it tonight though! *wails and latches onto the computer* This is just written SO perfectly! The characterization-spot on! Wowzers!
Dragonflysoul chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
OMG! *squee* I AM SOO LOVING THIS!
IMTheresa chapter 8 . 12/22/2006
Great end to a great story. I loved all the touching brotherly moments!
IMTheresa chapter 6 . 12/22/2006
I love this line: sneaking his hand into Dean’s lax right one, reaching for a connection that was only possible when his brother was hurt, but that was needed always.
stealthyone chapter 8 . 12/22/2006
Great wrapup to this chapter. :) I’m always up for a wee bit more Dean h/c before the real healing beings, and you nicely delivered on that with the wendigo poison.

Running Horse sure had some ominous words to Sam. Yikes! I’m very interested to see how those might play out in any of your future stories, if you choose to go there.

Favorite lines:

He said something in a voice that reminded Abe just how old this man was. It sounded like empty tree branches rubbing together in the wind.

Great analogy.

“And now,” he said, peering under the bandages at Dean’s back, “it looks like his back—“

“Right here, people,” Dean ground out.

*g* I love how irked he is at being talked over.

He was gravity. Needed, depended upon, and unseen.

Such a gorgeous, wonderful analogy. One of the best - maybe *the* best - I’ve ever read where Dean’s concerned.

Mark again appeared in the doorway. Abe wondered if he simply stood just out of sight waiting to be summoned.

*g*

“One day he will destroy himself to save you… It is the blessing and the curse of brothers.”

Sam blinked, looking at Abe. “What the hell am I supposed to do with that?”

Very, very intriguing. Running Horse’s words are very ominous, and poor Sam … I love his reaction. Because really, what the heck *is* he supposed to do with that? That’s a huge thing to lay on someone.

“I can’t believe you just let him go,” he said. It sounded sullen and petulant, but he was tired, he was hurting, and he wanted John back.

Oh, *Sam*.

Dean's first attempt to pull a T-shirt over his head ended with him unconscious.

Poor baby! (But also: naked Dean torso! Woo hoo!)

“You can’t bend ‘cause of your cast and if we move the seat back far enough for that, I can’t reach the peddles.”

“Not my fault you’re little.”

LOL!

Great story, overall. I really enjoyed the wendigos as the MOTW, and Abe was a great OC. And, of course, there was tons of awesome h/c and angst in here. You write both boys very, very well, and their plight was sharp and hurty and oh so yummy. I also appreciated the flashbacks throughout. Seeing moments we’ve never seen on the show, as well as overlapping some things we *did* see onscreen, was great.

Thanks for another lovely read. I’ll look forward to your next story. :)
stealthyone chapter 7 . 12/22/2006
Ooh, this chapter has quite an interesting ending! It also features quite a lot of lovely angst for Dean. I felt so bad for him toward the end, when Sam had to tell him the truth about John not really being there with them. I really like how you wrote that whole scene, with all of its tension and angst. Oh, *boys*.

Favorite lines:

The ache in his leg had increased and his head hadn’t stopped spinning since he’d held his breath while Dean had been… out.

I love how Sam can’t quite bring himself to put words to what really happened to Dean.

“Dammit, Dean, I just want you back, okay? You didn’t leave me out there in that forest… you can’t leave me now.”

Poor Sam. His desperation and need just bleed through that dialogue.

“Here,” Sam reached down for Dean’s arm. “Let’s get you into bed.”

“That line just sounds wrong coming from you, dude,”

*g* Btw, I quite enjoyed this whole flashback to sick!Dean.

John’s mouth turned up in a rueful grin. “You can’t always wear the red cape, Dude,” he whispered to Dean.

Aww. I love John’s dialogue here. Dean does have quite the hero complex.

Not until Dad says ‘you take care of her, she’ll take care of you’

*g* That’s so John.

He can do that, y’know? Smile at you without actually smiling.

I love this. Totally John.

He says ‘when you give up everything for your family, you deserve to get something back’.”

Awesome, awesome dialogue, not only because of the simple truth of those words as they apply to Dean, but also because they’re coming from John.

“Why’r you so short, Sam?”

LOL! Poor, confused Dean.

He curled his fingers around Sam’s. The contact seemed to ground him like a lightening rod.

I love this, how just Sam’s touch helps him so very much.

“You know where you are?”

Dean blinked. “No, but I could tell you all the words to Sweet Emotion, if that would help.”

*g* Great quip.
Kira chapter 8 . 12/22/2006
Just sat for hours reading this; I'm still in my PJ's and it's nearly 1 o'clock! Fantastic story - I haven't been able to find something to keep my attention fanfic-wise for months, this one broke that streak!
River City chapter 8 . 12/22/2006
Awesome story! I really enjoyed it! As I said previously, I think you do a wonderful job with the dialogue of the brothers, inluding Dean's sarcastic, witty comments. You also do great suffering Dean and Sam, which we all love, whether we want to admit it or not. I thought your aspect of the story in which Dean thought Abe was his dad and spoke his mind to him, as he wouldn't typically do if he wasn't suffering from a head injury, was particularly well done. Thanks for sharing your creativity and hard work!
stealthyone chapter 6 . 12/22/2006
Eek, a cliffhanger! Poor, angsty Sam! He needs a hug. *hugs him*

Favorite lines:

and Sam needed him. Now. He needed him now.

One thing I loved about this chapter was Sam’s determination to be with Dean, his need to be with Dean. That was so strong here. Nicely done.

And his leg ached into his teeth.

Ow! Good description.

“Do you need anything, Sam?”

“Dean…” he whispered as his eyes slid shut again.

Aww, Sammy. *pets him*

He’d even seen the shadow of his brother sitting in the darkness in the back of the school auditorium during rehearsals.

*g* I love this, how Dean lurked in the rehearsals. I can so see him doing that.

Only when he got close enough to the bed to once again see Dean’s freckles did he allow them to stop the chair.

Love this detail about the freckles.

Sam looked back at Dean. He was so still, so quiet. Dean just wasn’t quiet. He was always moving, always had to be in action – cleaning their guns when bored, pacing a set pattern when worried, tapping the rhythm of a Metallica song while driving. Sam had grown accustomed to his motion. The world seemed wrong if Dean was still.

I like all of these details about the different ways Dean is always in motion. And yeah, a still, quiet Dean is indeed a reason for alarm.

John may be flawed, he may be harsh, he may be unyielding, but he was theirs.

I love that. Love, love, love. Such an important realization for Sam.
pengwin-jibberish chapter 8 . 12/21/2006
Terrific ending. You did a wonderful job with this story and it was a pleasure to read.

And I am very excited to see your new story. I'm a big fan of Brenna, which isn't something I say about an OFC very often, so I'll be glad to read another story with her in it.
640 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »