Reviews for Ramble On
Dragonflysoul chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
IMTheresa chapter 8 . 12/22/2006
Great end to a great story. I loved all the touching brotherly moments!
IMTheresa chapter 6 . 12/22/2006
I love this line: sneaking his hand into Dean’s lax right one, reaching for a connection that was only possible when his brother was hurt, but that was needed always.
stealthyone chapter 8 . 12/22/2006
Great wrapup to this chapter. :) I’m always up for a wee bit more Dean h/c before the real healing beings, and you nicely delivered on that with the wendigo poison.

Running Horse sure had some ominous words to Sam. Yikes! I’m very interested to see how those might play out in any of your future stories, if you choose to go there.

Favorite lines:

He said something in a voice that reminded Abe just how old this man was. It sounded like empty tree branches rubbing together in the wind.

Great analogy.

“And now,” he said, peering under the bandages at Dean’s back, “it looks like his back—“

“Right here, people,” Dean ground out.

*g* I love how irked he is at being talked over.

He was gravity. Needed, depended upon, and unseen.

Such a gorgeous, wonderful analogy. One of the best - maybe *the* best - I’ve ever read where Dean’s concerned.

Mark again appeared in the doorway. Abe wondered if he simply stood just out of sight waiting to be summoned.

“One day he will destroy himself to save you… It is the blessing and the curse of brothers.”

Sam blinked, looking at Abe. “What the hell am I supposed to do with that?”

Very, very intriguing. Running Horse’s words are very ominous, and poor Sam … I love his reaction. Because really, what the heck *is* he supposed to do with that? That’s a huge thing to lay on someone.

“I can’t believe you just let him go,” he said. It sounded sullen and petulant, but he was tired, he was hurting, and he wanted John back.

Oh, *Sam*.

Dean's first attempt to pull a T-shirt over his head ended with him unconscious.

Poor baby! (But also: naked Dean torso! Woo hoo!)

“You can’t bend ‘cause of your cast and if we move the seat back far enough for that, I can’t reach the peddles.”

“Not my fault you’re little.”

Great story, overall. I really enjoyed the wendigos as the MOTW, and Abe was a great OC. And, of course, there was tons of awesome h/c and angst in here. You write both boys very, very well, and their plight was sharp and hurty and oh so yummy. I also appreciated the flashbacks throughout. Seeing moments we’ve never seen on the show, as well as overlapping some things we *did* see onscreen, was great.

Thanks for another lovely read. I’ll look forward to your next story. :)
stealthyone chapter 7 . 12/22/2006
Ooh, this chapter has quite an interesting ending! It also features quite a lot of lovely angst for Dean. I felt so bad for him toward the end, when Sam had to tell him the truth about John not really being there with them. I really like how you wrote that whole scene, with all of its tension and angst. Oh, *boys*.

Favorite lines:

The ache in his leg had increased and his head hadn’t stopped spinning since he’d held his breath while Dean had been… out.

I love how Sam can’t quite bring himself to put words to what really happened to Dean.

“Dammit, Dean, I just want you back, okay? You didn’t leave me out there in that forest… you can’t leave me now.”

Poor Sam. His desperation and need just bleed through that dialogue.

“Here,” Sam reached down for Dean’s arm. “Let’s get you into bed.”

“That line just sounds wrong coming from you, dude,”

*g* Btw, I quite enjoyed this whole flashback to sick!Dean.

John’s mouth turned up in a rueful grin. “You can’t always wear the red cape, Dude,” he whispered to Dean.

Aww. I love John’s dialogue here. Dean does have quite the hero complex.

Not until Dad says ‘you take care of her, she’ll take care of you’

*g* That’s so John.

He can do that, y’know? Smile at you without actually smiling.

I love this. Totally John.

He says ‘when you give up everything for your family, you deserve to get something back’.”

Awesome, awesome dialogue, not only because of the simple truth of those words as they apply to Dean, but also because they’re coming from John.

“Why’r you so short, Sam?”

LOL! Poor, confused Dean.

He curled his fingers around Sam’s. The contact seemed to ground him like a lightening rod.

I love this, how just Sam’s touch helps him so very much.

“You know where you are?”

Dean blinked. “No, but I could tell you all the words to Sweet Emotion, if that would help.”

*g* Great quip.
Kira chapter 8 . 12/22/2006
Just sat for hours reading this; I'm still in my PJ's and it's nearly 1 o'clock! Fantastic story - I haven't been able to find something to keep my attention fanfic-wise for months, this one broke that streak!
River City chapter 8 . 12/22/2006
Awesome story! I really enjoyed it! As I said previously, I think you do a wonderful job with the dialogue of the brothers, inluding Dean's sarcastic, witty comments. You also do great suffering Dean and Sam, which we all love, whether we want to admit it or not. I thought your aspect of the story in which Dean thought Abe was his dad and spoke his mind to him, as he wouldn't typically do if he wasn't suffering from a head injury, was particularly well done. Thanks for sharing your creativity and hard work!
stealthyone chapter 6 . 12/22/2006
Eek, a cliffhanger! Poor, angsty Sam! He needs a hug. *hugs him*

Favorite lines:

and Sam needed him. Now. He needed him now.

One thing I loved about this chapter was Sam’s determination to be with Dean, his need to be with Dean. That was so strong here. Nicely done.

And his leg ached into his teeth.

Ow! Good description.

“Do you need anything, Sam?”

“Dean…” he whispered as his eyes slid shut again.

Aww, Sammy. *pets him*

He’d even seen the shadow of his brother sitting in the darkness in the back of the school auditorium during rehearsals.

*g* I love this, how Dean lurked in the rehearsals. I can so see him doing that.

Only when he got close enough to the bed to once again see Dean’s freckles did he allow them to stop the chair.

Love this detail about the freckles.

Sam looked back at Dean. He was so still, so quiet. Dean just wasn’t quiet. He was always moving, always had to be in action – cleaning their guns when bored, pacing a set pattern when worried, tapping the rhythm of a Metallica song while driving. Sam had grown accustomed to his motion. The world seemed wrong if Dean was still.

I like all of these details about the different ways Dean is always in motion. And yeah, a still, quiet Dean is indeed a reason for alarm.

John may be flawed, he may be harsh, he may be unyielding, but he was theirs.

I love that. Love, love, love. Such an important realization for Sam.
pengwin-jibberish chapter 8 . 12/21/2006
Terrific ending. You did a wonderful job with this story and it was a pleasure to read.

And I am very excited to see your new story. I'm a big fan of Brenna, which isn't something I say about an OFC very often, so I'll be glad to read another story with her in it.
stealthyone chapter 5 . 12/21/2006
Eek! Sam having to leave Dean behind … Eek! My poor, broken, angsty boys!

Another exciting chapter. Interesting twist to have Dean decide Abe was his father. It clearly illustrates just how much Dean depends on John. Speaking of Dean and John … I really like how Abe was able to so quickly assess their relationship, how Dean snaps to attention at John’s command. Nice.

Favorite lines:

Abe braced himself for the flash of realization that he wasn’t the person he thought he was; he knew by looking at the boys that their father was more than likely not Native American.

But, a werewolf? What was he going to say next, that ghosts were real?

LOL! I’m definitely liking Abe.

“Sam?” he said again, giving his brother’s hand a shake. When Sam didn’t respond, Dean bowed his head slightly, then looked up at Abe.

“We have to get him out of here,” he said in a broken voice.

Poor Sammy! And Dean, all worried. *hugs them*

Though nearly four inches taller than his older brother, when seated thus, Sam’s knees were level with Dean’s. Dean couldn’t help but notice that another fraction of an inch and they’d be touching.

I remember how much that struck me while watching “Faith.” Such a great little scene.

“Sam,” he said again, almost like a plea.

I love this, because I can totally hear it in my head, and it just makes me ache for both boys.

“Don’t touch him,” Sam growled low.

Ooh, me like protective!Sam. Nice. Very nice.

he somehow looked so young, and very, very old at the same time

Love this description. An apt one of Dean, methinks. He and Sam both have lived so much in such a short period of time.

“You try selling wendigo to a man who has to be shown proof how a fax machine works,” Abe retorted.

stealthyone chapter 4 . 12/21/2006
Great chapter here. The wendigo being not too far removed from being a person was quite creepy. And I loved Sam saving Dean twice, and Sam saying “Dean, down!” in a voice that sounded just like John’s. Way, way cool. Lethal!Sam is so sexy. *g*

Favorite lines:

Before he got a chance to think much past fire bad,

*g* This reminds me of one of my favorite lines of dialogue from any TV show: Buffy’s “fire bad, tree pretty.” :)

This time when he landed, he curled in and tucked his head. He just needed to breathe, just get his breath. If he could get a second to fucking breathe…

Poor Dean! I just ache for him here. He just needs a quick second to regroup, but of course the wendigo won’t allow it.

“You broke your promise,” he said suddenly, realizing that Sam was several feet from the travois.

Sam looked at his brother out of the corner of his eyes. “Yeah. I did.”

Dean blinked, dropping his head to the ground, unable to hold it up any longer. “Took you long enough,” he said, a corner of his mouth pulling up into a trembling smile.

I love this dialogue exchange. *g*

“Dean, don’t, please, don’t fade on me now… it’s gone, man! It’s dead! We can get out of here… aw, dammit. DEAN! Hey… just a little longer, man, okay? The car can’t be far… Don’t… I can’t do this on my own…”

My heart’s breaking for Sam. He so needs Dean to be OK, and with the wendigo dead, they’re so close to being able to get out alive, but for Dean’s massive injuries.

He hadn’t enjoyed staying in one place too long since he was nine. Since he realized that the bad guys could find them, that evil was everywhere.

Oh, *Dean.* His childhood lacked innocence from such a painfully early age.

He tightened his stomach muscles and pulled himself to a sitting position

I love the detail about him using his tummy muscles to sit up.

but now, like something so hot that it was cold,

Ooh, nice description.

Dean looked at him and swallowed. He could see the effects of the fever and infection were wearing Sam down. His skin was pale and shiny with sweat. But his eyes were hard for Dean to look at. They were shadowed with pain and dull with resolution. He knew they weren’t going to make it. He knew.

Oh, *boys.* Again, my heart is breaking.

“Well, for one, she loved music. Girl didn’t do anything without it. And I mean anything.”

“Dude, seriously,” Dean lifted the fingers of his right hand in a ‘stop’ motion.

LOL! I love that Sam shared that tidbit, and I love that Dean was all, “Too much information!”

He wanted to tell him to shut up. He wanted to tell him to mind his own damn business. He wanted to tell him to leave them alone. He was watching Sam now. Sam would be okay now. He wouldn’t look away. But he couldn’t say that stuff to Pastor Jim. God was watching.

I love those last two sentences especially. *g*

“Yes,” Dean whispered. He wanted to stay with Sam. He wanted Jim to go. He wanted his Dad to look at him again.

Oh, *Dean.*
holychocolatestarfish chapter 8 . 12/21/2006
I've finally found the time to finish this and I loved it! The brotherly love went right to my heart. I think it was your best fic yet. You have some serious talent. After reading all of your stories, I can honestly say you are my favorite author. I can wait to read your next fic!
multivariate chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Whoops! Sorry Amanda - saw the name Kelly at the bottom of your author's note and didn't read it carefully enough to catch that it wasn't your name but a thank you. Anyhoo another opportunity to say excellent story! Please write some more!
multivariate chapter 8 . 12/21/2006
Awesome story Kelly. Tried to go do some Holiday baking this morning but had to come back and finish reading. I've really enjoyed reading the three stories that you've posted so far hope that you'll write more in the future. Thanks for sharing.
spootycup chapter 8 . 12/21/2006
freaking beautiful!

loved the pain the angst YOU FREAKING ROCK!
634 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »