Reviews for Ramble On
stilljustceci chapter 8 . 11/22/2009
What a GREAT ENDING. That was exciting, man. *whew*

Little homonym-miss here: You can’t bend ‘cause of your cast and if we move the seat back far enough for that, I can’t reach the peddles. ('Peddles' should be 'Pedals'.)

RE: Your A/N about 'natural endings' - I swear, before I read that, I was going to say I love how your stories end. It's always neat and concise and doesn't feel either rushed or dragged out.

And how in the WORLD do you always manage a perfect 8 chapters?
stilljustceci chapter 7 . 11/21/2009
Again, the use of flashbacks in this story has been brilliant. Glad to see the old shaman show up, and -his brother? Interesting!

And I know, it's just ONE. MORE. CHAPTER. but I'm so so so sleepy, and if the baby's fever comes back and we have another no-sleep-allowed night in a row I'll really regret this tomorrow. (I always hate complaining about tiredness after reading your heroic!Dean stories, LOL. He does wonders for my pain and exhaustion tolerance. ;))
stilljustceci chapter 6 . 11/21/2009
Leo Getts Lethal Weapon reference FTW! I think I love you. :)

Though, I listened to a little bit of Staind and I'm feeling all emo now. Don't love that. Boo!

...oh, no you din't! DEAN! Man, I was gonna go to bed after this chapter, but how'm I supposed to go to bed with Dean FLATLINING?
stilljustceci chapter 5 . 11/21/2009
Ah, a heartbreaking chapter. But they're safe now. Thank God for Abe, and thank God the boys are strong. I'm off to find Staind "Outside" to listen to...
stilljustceci chapter 4 . 11/21/2009
Has it ever been this dire for them? (I mean, besides CONSTANTLY! You torturers...) It's like they were ready to curl up and just die. *sniffle*

I loved the part of their discussion where Dean asked Sam how long it took him to stop salting the doors...

I KNEW someone from the reservation would have to find them! Reading on.
stilljustceci chapter 3 . 11/21/2009
I think, so far, I'm loving this story best of all the ones of yours I've read. I can see these guys having this conversation. And their situation is dire without being melodramatic. And MacGyver Dean showing off the survival skills is AWESOME. I want to say more, 'cause I'm enjoying this so much, but with the wendigo in mid-pounce, I really need to see how they get outta this scrape!
stilljustceci chapter 2 . 11/21/2009
Wow, what a chapter! You wrote the brother banter so well; full of meaning without making them so sappy or overshary they're out of character, the way so many authors fall into doing. I LOVE the flashbacks.
stilljustceci chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Well written! I like this set up and I'm rarin' to read Ch2. (that flashback about the MnMs...that was brutal, man.)
Edina Clouds chapter 8 . 11/10/2009
Hi Gaelic

So Sunday was a good day for me. Hubby and 2 kids out and me left all alone at home with a pot of tea, a packet of cookies and Ramble On to read on my laptop. What a fantastic couple of hours.

First thing to say - the whole idea for the story is GREAT and it's set very early on in season 1 (my fav season).

Secondly I love Abe - he is a fantastic original character (and see I've got more to look forward to from him in In The Light (goodie))

Some other great things: 2 Wendigos, injured/delerious Dean (confusing Abe for John - and his absolute horror when he realised in the clinic what he'd done), Dean telling Abe to get Sam out (and Abe was right if he'd taken Dean first it would've killed them both), the comparison with Sam/Dean and Running Horse and his brother, the flashbacks (wow I loved them - especially sick teen Dean that John had to tell to "stand down")

Gaelic to summarise terrific story - have lined up all your others in my favourites folder and look forward to the next time I'm left "home alone"

Edina
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 8 . 10/17/2009
I'm back! Going through an addiction to The 4400 at the moment :)

I'm glad you like my reviews :) I stopped reading for quite a while because I always felt so much pressure, and never knew what to say, so now I just write things down as I go

' "I heard that", "I said it out loud" ' - that me laugh

Hehe, loved Dean's response after Sam asked how many fingers he was holding up

Is it wrong that in the 2nd chapter, when you mentioned the eyes and the fact that it wasn't a Wendigo I immediately thought of Gollum :)

Okay, now I want to hear Jeffrey Dean Morgan sing

'Abe knew that the first building they'd come upon would be just in the other side of the far trees' - ha! 'just', like it'll be that easy

Aww Dean's reaction to realising that Abe wasn't John broke my heart

I liked the ending, and I agree with your authors note, it seemed like a natural ending

I love your plot driven stories, and your a more 'simple' stories are great too. And I really like your 'guest stars' as well
Animegoil chapter 8 . 10/5/2009
You have created an artwork. I kept wondering how you were going to drag this out chapter after chapter, but it never got old. You made each painful step of their ordeal believable, painful, original and emotional. You really did something here with their relationship. Their bond as brothers was just breathtaking, and you did excellently with portraying what the show has told us, and going further even. You explored so many facets of their brotherhood, ranging from their feelings about each other, to their feelings about their dad, to about the future, the past, the present, the whole gamut. I am just amazed, really. And with a good set of supporting characters, great description, fantastic attention to detail not only in the writing and the Indian and medical facet, but with Sam and Dean's personality quirks. Dean's plight was heartbreaking, but I'm glad that you showed that though Dean has it harder (in my opinion), Sam tries his best to shoulder as much of it as he can, for his brother's sake, and because he's not weak just because he's the protected one. So I felt you did a good job of balancing both of them in terms of what they were going through. I love the dependence that they have on each other- Sam needs Dean's strength, but the source of Dean's strength is Sam himself. I loved that line of Abe's, where he ponders upon the fact that Dean is the cornerstone of that family, but at the same time, invisible. And it's a fact that kills me when I watch Dean. But I like that you showed that it's hard on Sam to see the results of that responsibility that he can't deny to Dean. And the way they butted heads was so realistic. It's exactly the way humans communicate- trying so hard to get the other person to understand, and sometimes the right words are right there but you can't reach them, and other times, even when you say it plainly, the other person just can't grasp your side, not completely.

Thank you so much for this, it really made my day.
rahne2 chapter 8 . 9/14/2009
Gaelicspirit,

Just rereading some of your older stories (I told you, I've always liked your stuff, and you seemed to be one of the top 2 or 3 writers in the fandom when I first discovered it, and I haven't changed my mind.) I have to tell you that this is probably my favorite long hunt story. You have nailed the boys so perfectly, strengths, mistakes, easy comeraderie. Dean is always almost self destructive in his protectiveness, Sam always so self aware and understanding of his brother They screwed up in being unprepared and low on supplies, but they didn't waste time in blame or regret, just did what had to be done. It seems to me this would have been the hunt that forced them to start carrying the first aid kit on hunts, since Dean almost bled out from easily suturable wounds.

I also loved how the outside characters fit so beautifully, and seemed so true to their backgrounds. For Abe to pick up on Dean's desperate need for his father and play along was very discerning and kind of him. And, of course, Sam figured it out almost instantly when he came around. I don't think Dean has ever truly gotten over his need of John to give him a sense of his own place and purpose, though season 4 has forced him to take a much harder look at himself, and John. And my very favorite moment was of course, when John came to find them. I dearly love stories where John shows up to save his sons, even when they never know he was there. There is no question how much he loved them, no matter how cold he tried to be. Like Dean, too much opening to those deep emotions would have torn him apart, so they both learned to wall them away to save their sanity. It has taken Sam a long time to begin to see that side of his father. I wish John hadn't tried so hard to hide how he keep tabs on them all the years he was alive. That Abe knew immediately that this must be John, and that John understood what Abe had done for Dean in his place, were character moments that still make me cry. Love, love, love it! Thanks so much.
Linz1224 chapter 8 . 9/3/2009
I know you posted this story forever ago, but I'm way late to the amazing show that is Supernatural. This story was incredible. Your characterization of the boys is amazing, but you go beyond their relationship and deliver an amazing plot as well. Amazing!
Nascarfan14 chapter 8 . 7/9/2009
I know this is an older story but I kind of stumbled across it when I was going back through the older stories. I am glad that I decided to read it. I liked where and how it ended. it feels like a complete story as is. I enjoyed it very much and plan on checking out a few more of your stories.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 8 . 6/16/2009
OH LOVE!

this was another hit list of an awesome story!

- I love how you get the brothers personalities so perfect and yet show them for who they are and why- much more than the show but everything the show has shown us...if that makes sense

I laughed and i cried and i screamed when things got bad for them- but this was such an incredable fic...

612 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »