Reviews for Ramble On
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 5 . 8/15/2010
I'm really enjoying your you.:)
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Ok, I'm already hooked. Time for me to get the Led out and get ready for a bumpy ride on this roadtrip.:)
Creative Spark chapter 8 . 7/11/2010
Awesome story, but I'm sure you've heard that before. :) Can't wait to go through more of your work.

-Spark
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 8 . 3/31/2010
It seemed he was such a cornerstone in this family. And yet… and yet it was as though he were invisible at the same time. He was gravity. Needed, depended upon, and unseen.

It couldn't have been said more perfectly. This is it right here - this is why Sam needs him without thought, but so carelessly in his own way. Why John leans on him but doesn't see or hear him.

I...wow...I..*tears up*

You always SAY it. I wish I could say it, so easily, so well, but...

Thank you.

*HUGS*

Mandy
lethalhonesty chapter 8 . 2/24/2010
Okay, in my profile I put out a call for good writers and someone directed me to you... so here I am. (I won't tell you who because I don't want you to get mad at them. Just be flattered that someone thought you were good enough to withstand me.)

Praise first... All in all I thought this story was well done. It had a point and that point was made mostly with grace.

Thanks is in order for keeping Sam and Dean in character.

For you and your beta... GO GRAMMAR! There were very few errors. Mostly comma errors that almost all published works mess up as well, so they were easily ignored. (I'm even ignoring them now while I write this.)

On to the negative... one of my criteria for writers of fanfic is knowing the show. Wendigos are not poisonous... if they were then the old man that Sam and Dean went to see because he was a witness would have been dead from his injuries. But I could have overlooked this if there was a point to making the wendigo poisonous, but there really wasn't. It was putting Dean through more torture just for the sake of putting Dean through more torture. His injuries were already bad enough to make the point your story was making.

But considering my complaint is limited to only one little part of what is otherwise a very well done story, pat yourself on the back for doing such a good job. You deserve all the good reviews you get.
Leahelisabeth chapter 8 . 2/8/2010
Just want to say love, love, LOVE this story! It is definitely my favorite of yours so far. Plus, it doesn't matter which brother you prefer, the beautiful thing about this show is the relationship between the two. They are nothing without the other and you did an awesome job of writing that relationship. I did like that there was more hurt!Sam in this one, but even if there wasn't, your stories are still worth reading.

One thing I was wondering though, did you intentionally quote Firefly in chapter 7 or was that something your subconscious kicked onto paper? Regardless, it made me happy. I am reading "In the Light" next! Can't wait!
stilljustceci chapter 8 . 11/22/2009
What a GREAT ENDING. That was exciting, man. *whew*

Little homonym-miss here: You can’t bend ‘cause of your cast and if we move the seat back far enough for that, I can’t reach the peddles. ('Peddles' should be 'Pedals'.)

RE: Your A/N about 'natural endings' - I swear, before I read that, I was going to say I love how your stories end. It's always neat and concise and doesn't feel either rushed or dragged out.

And how in the WORLD do you always manage a perfect 8 chapters?
stilljustceci chapter 7 . 11/21/2009
Again, the use of flashbacks in this story has been brilliant. Glad to see the old shaman show up, and -his brother? Interesting!

And I know, it's just ONE. MORE. CHAPTER. but I'm so so so sleepy, and if the baby's fever comes back and we have another no-sleep-allowed night in a row I'll really regret this tomorrow. (I always hate complaining about tiredness after reading your heroic!Dean stories, LOL. He does wonders for my pain and exhaustion tolerance. ;))
stilljustceci chapter 6 . 11/21/2009
Leo Getts Lethal Weapon reference FTW! I think I love you. :)

Though, I listened to a little bit of Staind and I'm feeling all emo now. Don't love that. Boo!

...oh, no you din't! DEAN! Man, I was gonna go to bed after this chapter, but how'm I supposed to go to bed with Dean FLATLINING?
stilljustceci chapter 5 . 11/21/2009
Ah, a heartbreaking chapter. But they're safe now. Thank God for Abe, and thank God the boys are strong. I'm off to find Staind "Outside" to listen to...
stilljustceci chapter 4 . 11/21/2009
Has it ever been this dire for them? (I mean, besides CONSTANTLY! You torturers...) It's like they were ready to curl up and just die. *sniffle*

I loved the part of their discussion where Dean asked Sam how long it took him to stop salting the doors...

I KNEW someone from the reservation would have to find them! Reading on.
stilljustceci chapter 3 . 11/21/2009
I think, so far, I'm loving this story best of all the ones of yours I've read. I can see these guys having this conversation. And their situation is dire without being melodramatic. And MacGyver Dean showing off the survival skills is AWESOME. I want to say more, 'cause I'm enjoying this so much, but with the wendigo in mid-pounce, I really need to see how they get outta this scrape!
stilljustceci chapter 2 . 11/21/2009
Wow, what a chapter! You wrote the brother banter so well; full of meaning without making them so sappy or overshary they're out of character, the way so many authors fall into doing. I LOVE the flashbacks.
stilljustceci chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Well written! I like this set up and I'm rarin' to read Ch2. (that flashback about the MnMs...that was brutal, man.)
Edina Clouds chapter 8 . 11/10/2009
Hi Gaelic

So Sunday was a good day for me. Hubby and 2 kids out and me left all alone at home with a pot of tea, a packet of cookies and Ramble On to read on my laptop. What a fantastic couple of hours.

First thing to say - the whole idea for the story is GREAT and it's set very early on in season 1 (my fav season).

Secondly I love Abe - he is a fantastic original character (and see I've got more to look forward to from him in In The Light (goodie))

Some other great things: 2 Wendigos, injured/delerious Dean (confusing Abe for John - and his absolute horror when he realised in the clinic what he'd done), Dean telling Abe to get Sam out (and Abe was right if he'd taken Dean first it would've killed them both), the comparison with Sam/Dean and Running Horse and his brother, the flashbacks (wow I loved them - especially sick teen Dean that John had to tell to "stand down")

Gaelic to summarise terrific story - have lined up all your others in my favourites folder and look forward to the next time I'm left "home alone"

Edina