Reviews for The Gift
angel-kisses1 chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
'The Gift' is a wonderful name for this story as it truly is a gift. Few stories are as well written and grammatically correct as this one. I particularly like how in character Remus and Harry are. It is a joy to read such cannon characters.

Normally the lack of definite closure between Harry and Ginny would annoy me, but not with this story. It seems to fit better somehow to leave that particular thread unfinished.

I whole heartedly thank you for a gem of a story amidst the drabbles of fangirls and Mary Sues
Gilpin chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
Just been re-reading your notes on how this came into being again (as interesting in their own way as the fic - perhaps we can talk scene setting one day). I was a bit hesitant about this because I've read quite a lot of Remus pointing out the error of Harry's ways with regards to Ginny fics, being the undoubted voice of experience on how everyone needs a little more love in the world etc. etc. So, firstly, kudos for not doing the saccharine ending where Harry suddenly sees the light and whisks Ginny off - having already had the hug, which I read as the big touching moment anyway, it's much more interesting and realistic that he's still not entirely convinced, and the reader is left to wonder if/when they will sort things out.

My favourite thing about this is that it's so very much more than just Harry and Remus. I really enjoyed the use you made of Lily and James; particularly the early mention of Remus thinking Harry looks like her, which ties in with the envelope reveal later on, and the memories Remus has of his parents. And surely with so much uncertainty about what is to come, that's exactly who he'd be thinking about.

Also liked what you did with positive and Relaxed!Remus (liked the trick with his posture to help get that across) - and his sense of wonder and joy about having Tonks back. Him being the one not to care now was lovely.

Very enjoyable read; especially in those tiny background details, such as the fox-trotting twins (I'd like to see them tackle the Argentine Tango;)), music from Celestina, Molly force-feeding everyone sausage rolls etc., which brought it very much to life, and set it apart from others which have tackled the same Harry and Remus idea. All those tweaks paid off handsomely. :)
PotterAnon chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
Wow, that was great! Cheers for a lovely little glimpse into a very under-used pair: Remus and Harry don't really get much relationship development as a general rule. Though I could be looking in the wrong places...

Anyways, yeah. Cool!
spacemonkey1129 chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
That was VERY sweet &cute!DIBS ON MOONY !I'll GIVE HIM SOMETHIN' TO HOWL ABOUT!*grins evilly* There is just something about Remus !
C-kun chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
I enjoyed that. It was clever, and you captured Remus particularly well, I think. Thank you for writing.
Lupinfangirl chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
Aw, that was so cute! I love Remus/Harry bonding moments!
Realmer06 chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
Well, how can I pass up a chance to slow dance with Remus Lupin?

Well done! I think you've captured the characters here wonderfully, and, speaking as a writer, I can appreciate how difficult that is! Your Remus makes me smile. I am definitely in favor of this conversation taking place.

I enjoyed this, and I thank you!
Vitreum chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Lovely! Absolutely lovely! You're description of Lily laughing at the chocolate frog was really cute.
Wild Magelet chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
I think all of the characters of my choice are busy with the partners of THEIR choice. :) I would settle for Draco or Snape, but all that brooding angst is just depressing on the dance floor.

This is a wonderful, uplifting fic - exactly the sort of story that's perfect when you're in need of a mood boost. Fanfic prozac! Beautifully written and characterized, as usual. I'll look forward to reading your holiday themed fics!
Harmony'sSake chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
That was good. And cute. I love it!

miss-blanche chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
Are you sure 'Lady Bracknell' Isn't some code name for J.K Rowling? No? Just a thought... you're fics are SO FREAKING REAL! In a strictly Harry Potter magical way... lol It's like the characters have jumped out of the book and into this website... in one word: Magical!
wandless chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
Oh that was such a sweet one-shot. I think that's pretty much how I imagined Bill and Fleur's wedding to be like! There seemed to be some Remus/Lily moments though, which I'm really not into, but that's ok. Great stuff!
siriuslycoco chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
that was awesome! i loved Remus's words of advice to Harry...and his present to Harry...very nice...i loved the "one noble prat" bit...hahaha...i loved this story! hmm, who would i slow dance with? **Obviously picks Remus** lol...great job! :)
TiredGreenEyes chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
*slow dances around cheekily with Remus* Tee hee.

Tonks: _ *glares at her entire song*

Extremely well done! I especially like Remus's presant... it fits in terribly nicely with Lily and her charms talent and the little chocolate frog story was adorable. *adds to favorites*
09876543278759087654212345678 chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
thanks so much! i really enjoyed this fic (: esp since this is your first harry ginny fic. lol, but i expect you wont be having their stories? you are really exceptional at tonks lupin fics though.. and thanks again, for updating the werewolf fic ... yay~!
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »