Reviews for The Gift
Nonna Minerva chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
“I told Harry that one noble prat was enough for any wedding party, and that if he wanted my role, he’d have to fight me for it.”

Hihihihi... I love Remus!
AluraEmbrey chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
But what if my fav character is dead? Can u bring Dumbledore back for me? lol Anyway, nice story. I really love how Remus and Harry got closer in this. Excellent job!
MollyCoddles chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Aww, I like happy Remus. I can almost see him glow in this fic.

I haven't had time to look at the process over on Meta, but I quite enjoyed the end result here.

I can foresee Harry using that magic envelope as a secret weapon against Voldemort - blinding him with the sparks and can can girls.

Brilliant fic! I'm glad you decided to finish it and post it. :)
Zelotia chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
I love it!

Very good.

Provided me with some reading while taking a bath and I enjoyed it very much.

As I would hate very much to steal Remus from Tonks, and I do not really feel like dancing with Mad-Eye, perhaps I could borrow Charlie for a song?

Keep it up!
drugged-on-chocolate chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
bags Remus for the slow dance!

Brilliant story, absolutely loved it, all were in character etc.

you might want to enable anonymous reveiws by the way, more people reveiw that way.
MrsTater chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Meh...Just wrote a review and then got distracted and closed the browser...Let's see what I can remember...

What I love most about this is the sense of joy that really pulses beneath everything. Remus is restored, and he's fueled by an energy that seems to buoy everyone around him. This is just how I have to imagine he'll be (I hope he will be) in book seven: the old Remus again, or maybe even a little bit better than before because he really understands now how people love him, and how much he needs them.

Really love the interaction with Harry, too. It's an interesting thing, how to depict their relationship. It's not quite like with Sirius, in that brotherly way, or a fatherly way, or even like a teacher and a student. There's really a friend vibe - an understanding that they're on a similar journey, and there's a mutual respect even though Remus is older and more experienced and can teach Harry. It's friendship, and I like that you had Remus say, "I haven't been a very good friend to you."

Anyway, this is very sweet, and makes me very happy, and I really love it. Well done.
humhallelujah chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Aww, I love it! :D
Maelys chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Very cute! I really loved the cheering card!
Godricgal chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Can you possibly guess which HP character I'd like to take my to the dance floor?

Found this was very interesting. The parallels of Remus and Tonks and Ginny and Harry and definitely there to be drawn, thought you pulled that exploration off nicely here.
the-hoop-earings chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
That was great! I love all your stories please write more fics.
siruisblack18 chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
aw I loved that! Especially since I'm getting a tinsy bit tired of all this extreme nobleness, this came at the perfect time ]
mauraudersminuspeterarehot chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
oh oh oh! who shall i chose... james? hes lily's. damn.

harry? he's ginny's... damn... all the good ones are gone!

... charlie perhaps?

i love the way you draw attention to harry's bravery in this chapter. i think readers take it for granted (the huge burden sitting atlas like on his shoulders) and i really admire his intense stoicism and chivalrous bravery. good chap he is.

ahh! very nice story.
alix33 chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
After this bit: "Remus thinking of the girl on the Hogwarts Express who he’d offered a Chocolate Frog to and scared half to death, who’d laughed so hard when she was over her surprise that sweets could jump he’d thought she’d burst something,", I now desperately want a fic where Remus reminisces a whole lot more about his friend Lily Evans (and later Potter), please?
Bardlover chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
Lovely story. How many are you juggling at once now? On Paper, Over the Moon, the Werewolf that Stole Christmas...

I'm impressed.
Kileaiya chapter 1 . 12/1/2006

Brilliant line.

This was a great piece. I really enjoy fics that focus on the relationship between Harry and Remus.
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »