Reviews for My Happy Ending
theblackdarkshadow chapter 16 . 8/13
I love this story but the ending concluded a little quickly otherwise one of the best JN stories ever.
maltron66 chapter 16 . 8/5
Stories such as this one are the reason why I search through the oldest fanfics posted: Because somewhere in these old sections, one can find stories that are true diamonds. This story is a true diamond, easily on my top 3 favorite JN fanfics of all time and it’s even on my top 10 favorite fanfics of all time (and to think that I only found this fic about the other day, talk about falling in love with it).

I really loved the way you developed Jimmy and Cindy’s future selves, although I think that Jimmy would have reached even higher levels and that he would be more than a professor by the time he was 20, but hey, still very impressive and he still has an entire lifetime ahead of him, so who knows how much farther he could go. But anyway, that’s the least of my concerns here. Regarding his character… I think that the saying “You grow wiser as you grow up” fits him perfectly. Normally I’d expect him to be a bit arrogant and a show-off, but this Jimmy is as humble and down-to-earth as he could be. Maybe this has to do with the current predicament he is in with his wife. Which brings me to the next character: Cindy’s future self. One thing I don’t understand is why many people consider her to be the bad guy of this story. From my point of view, she was just another victim of Betty’s schemes. Yes, granted, she is the one who won’t listen and the one hell-bent on ending her relationship with Jimmy (and the life of their children too), but if your husband was that good looking, famous and successful and had that much money, I bet almost every wife would act this way. Keyword there: “almost”. IMO, Cindy would NOT be that kind of wife. After all these adventures they shared together, you’d expect that she would at least trust him… but then, Jimmy did leave her behind when he went to college… and he kept the fact that Betty was contacting him secret from Cindy… and there’s a thin line between pretending to hate each other and actually “hating” each other (if you understand what I mean) when it comes to these two. So yeah… I have mixed emotions when it comes to Cindy. All in all, I can’t help but feel sorry for her. Not only is her stubbornness is getting in the way of her happiness, but it’s also leading her to making rushed and completely wrong decisions (such as considering to abort the twins).

One minute break: I really like stories that touch some sensitive subjects, such as abortion, so I’ll have to give you extra credit for that. I’m afraid, however, that I don’t stand with you on this subject: IMO, you cannot be pro-abortion or against-abortion in any case. You can’t just set your mind on one point of view and reject the other one. Each case has its own conditions, so it must be examined separately. But I do agree with you on the “a fetus is not just an unwanted tissue” point of view. Abortion is the killing of a human being, whether that being has developed conscience or not. Even so, the parents do have the right to determine whether that being survives or not, no matter how it was created in the first place. In Jimmy and Cindy’s case, the twins were a product of their parents’ affection, so I too believe that Cindy should not abort the girls. Not only because it would be a mistake, but because it would also be something that Jimmy would never forgive her for. And she wouldn’t be able to forgive herself either. It’d haunt her for life, so in this case I DO stand with you in the “against abortion” POV.
Back to the story: Okay, not much left to say… except for the fact that Betty has turned out to be an egotistic, queen of plastic surgery whore. Personally, I’m neutral when it comes to Betty (she did seem to appreciate Jimmy’s affection but she never made a move on him). This story’s Betty, however, makes my blood boil: I’m surprised that Jimmy didn’t knock her lights out in the last chapter (I know I would, and I wouldn’t give half a crap that it’s a girl I’m hitting).

One thing I felt was missing from the story: Jimmy and Cindy’s parents. If things were that serious, I’d expect to see Judy and Sasha taking part in the story (even though we all know that Judy would support her son, while Sasha would encourage Cindy to divorce Jimmy and abort the twins, so these two wouldn’t help much, as Jimmy and Cindy would have to sort out these things on their own).

Overall, I say again that this was a great story, definitely worth of spending time on it. Congrats, and keep up the good work (even though it’s been 8 years...)! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll just click on your profile and see what other lovely JC fanfics I can find. Have a good day!
LP Luna Phantom chapter 16 . 2/3
I saw this story translated to spanish, but I thought I better read it in english. It was really good. Then I read you were fifteen when you wrote this and, wow, that amazed me. I know it is an old story, I just wanted to say that I liked a lot. Thanks for having written this. (And sorry if the review has any mistakes, I'm still learning)
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 16 . 10/1/2015
ok like the score 7/10 it stay the same make a story rated for teen a least
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 15 . 10/1/2015
mmmmmm again
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 14 . 10/1/2015
I think betty became sluttier after she gotten older
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 13 . 10/1/2015
i cant believe he said that
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 12 . 10/1/2015
very juicy piece keep up the ok work
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 11 . 10/1/2015
its normal ok like a 7/10
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 10 . 10/1/2015
mmmmmmmm
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 9 . 10/1/2015
not only that its not intense enough
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 8 . 10/1/2015
good
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 7 . 10/1/2015
they really do love each other
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 6 . 10/1/2015
good job
marcus.edwards.3323 chapter 5 . 10/1/2015
well its good could had rated it teen with intense drama but i guess that nit possible at all