Reviews for The Memory Chest
Kuwasu chapter 37 . 1/12
Better emotional development and less plotholes than Deathly Hallows. Good job.
Fick Chick chapter 37 . 12/21/2014
this was good
Iryelb chapter 37 . 11/14/2014
This was a good story, I liked seeing what you thought might happen before knowing what really happened. I am kind of confused about the fact that no one seems to have noticed that the final battle took place on Halloween, thus it would be fairly close to Christmas and the school year would be practically over by the end of the war. It's also kind of fucked up that the unspeakables were stealing/hiding a large supply of the worlds, magical and/or muggle, love.
Iryelb chapter 21 . 11/13/2014
Vernon Dursley: "Hurry op boy! What are you doing, checking for letter bombs?"
Nocez chapter 37 . 8/30/2014
My perception of a drop in quality was immediately reversed in the following chapter in Albania and your storytelling held on to excellence from there until the end. Thanks for a good read!
Nocez chapter 25 . 8/29/2014
In this chapter, and perhaps the one before, the writing and story feels rushed and low on detail. A bit like you're just going through the motions and moving forward for the sake of moving forward.

But perhaps that's just my irritation at the canonical Ginny-drama talking. Either way it is good, just not nearly as good as what came before.

Thanks for a good read so far!
Kairan1979 chapter 37 . 7/5/2013
While the story was good, I expected Dumbledore's chest with memories to play more important role. Like seeing the replay of Dumbledore/Grindewald duel and taking tips; or learning advanced combat magic etc. Instead, after all the efforts fo find a pensieve, the memories are nothing but a training tool for D.A. (I refuse to call them 'Harry's Heroes').
The winged broom is another disappointment (I expected something like using advanced brooms during Battle for Hogwarts).
bearblue chapter 37 . 6/10/2013
Wonderful AU ending to the series. Thank you for sharing this.
Xiaou Nem chapter 37 . 5/15/2013
What a great story!
It felt very realistic and very true to the books.
I think my main problem with Rowling's DH is how so many things are new to the last books. I like it when a story is so well prepared that I can guess what will happen - and I realise in the last book how she planted clues in the very first one about how it would end. This is not something she delivers on. But then again, my expectations might have been to high. :-)
You deliver! You've answered questions about Sirius, the Horcruxes, the D.A. - I especially like the point about our choices in life, and how you ended the story with his life choices to be who he wants to be, and not to be someone that is imposed externally.
Percy was good as well.
Harry was prone to a lot of anger. I didn't like that, or the scene in the DoM, with him cursing. But then again, maybe it is good, although I feel uncomfortable with it?
Ginny and Hermione were well portrayed, Neville and Ron as well.
Your portrayal of McGonagall was good as well. :-) There's our major light female character for the last battle.
One thing: compared to the JKR DH, too few people died. But if I hadn't read DH first, I think I wouldn't complain... She pulled some surprises on us (Snape, Harry Hc) that were impossible to predict (I guess many would have speculated, but maybe thought were too far-fatched). But it is hard to compare, I enjoyed this immensely. :-D
Keep up the good work!
I'd love to find out how you find DH and how you think your concepts compared.
E J ect chapter 31 . 11/18/2012
I heard about the barrier between the worlds being thinnest in one of Madeline l'Engle's books, the one with druids.
Ilandriel chapter 37 . 10/18/2012
Good story, well done.
Wizco chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
The Marauder's Oath was the first thing anyone thought of.
Makes me think Harry might be an idiot.

Cheers,
Wizco
Starfire23 chapter 37 . 6/1/2012
Wow, I think I liked this story even better than I liked the official seventh book. You really did come close on a lot of things , but I really appreciated you fixing a lot of the things that bugged me. For instance, Harry gets to go back to school and be a kid for a short time in his life. Also, you got the ministry cleaned up, didn't destroy the Founder's objects, let Neville take out Bellatrix, and gave Lupin a great future. I was disappointed that Snape was a bad guy, but how could you know what he went through until after the seventh book came out? At least it's more realistic to think he could have escaped and lived a happy life elsewhere in yours than in Rowling's. I love her work, but she has a definite tendency to kill off all my favorite characters. Anyway, thanks again. It's been awesome.
Debate4life chapter 37 . 4/9/2012
Really liked this, though it distracted me overmuch from homework...
X-elemental chapter 37 . 4/6/2012
GAH!

Given the lack of love playing any notable sort of part in the story before ending(okay, Ginny and Harry getting together is important, but they could've been friends too and nobody has destroyed dark lords through the power of getting back together with an ex-girlfriend) it seems really forced, much like Harry starting to like Ginny in the JKR's books. On the plus side, it at least made use of a plot hook, but it might have been as well as deus ex, plus Dumbledore is known to not have been the most reliable narrator. In fact, it fits together with the rest of the story so well that I'd have to think that somebody put you under an imperio/a gun to write ending with Voldemort destroyed by love.

The story leading up to it, though, was ranging from good to near-excellent. The final battle(though it came a bit rushed, being stumbled upon and could have been missed entirely, had Draco, Goyle and Grabbe moved up 5 minutes later,much like Ginny being a maiden - snort - and that the only substantial losses - seemingly, what about the memories Voldemort destroyed? - were in that part. Nothing is made about the loss of a memory vial, really...The original books suffer a bit of it, too, but Dumbledore's and Sirius's death is far more harrowing with far lesser comparable upside. Just leading up to a narrative.), the happenings with the ministry, the conflicts with Hermione, Ron, etc. all around that showed the trio's individuality. Overall, it compares very well to the 7th book, being rather similar and overall - better.