Reviews for Little White Misunderstandings
Miss-Stoneflower chapter 20 . 12/10/2017
I laughed. I cried. I hated. I loved.
Every moment of sorrow and hatred and adoration, I felt it deep within my soul. Yamato’s web of emotion and misunderstandings frustrated me. Taichi’s sorrow pierced my heart.
You, my friend, have crafted a work of art. I adored your writings. As someone who hasn’t read or written fanfiction in a long time, this was the most awe-inspiring and beautiful orchestra of words I have ever had the pleasure of devouring with my eyes. You captured the essence of the characters and their relationship perfectly. I have never come across another author who understands the complexity of the bond these two men share.

I have no more words to convey just how much I enjoyed this. It was beautiful and mesmerising. Thank you.
Angelfish369 chapter 20 . 11/12/2017
I just read this entire thing in one go! I couldn't stop! The thing is I read it out of order. I started at chapter 20 and kept going backwards to find out what was going on, and then when I learned about Taichi and Yamato's fight, that's when I started back at chapter 1. But, despite not reading it in the manner you intended, I must say this was masterful in how you told the story. We learn what is going on bit by bit. We learn things that have happened over a long stretch of time despite the actual story taking place over the course of a few days. I love your play on perspectives, and getting the big reveal through Hikari's eyes, and how she and Koushirou and Takeru all held pieces of the puzzle of why Taichi began drinking himself to oblivion. There are so much good stuff! Oh and I love your imagery of the house in Shimane, and tiny details like Tailmon carrying Koromon like an oversized beach ball, and Agumon not being able to climb up the ladder to the attic. I love Gabumon's bashful personality that loves teasing Yamato and apologizes for Yamato's behaviour. Oh and of course the angst...so much angst over this little misunderstanding! I love how much they all cared for each other, and how Taichi knows Yamato so well that he just waits for Yamato to chase after him with a soda after being angered. I love how both Yamato and Taichi are just two self-sacrificing idiots who love each other so much that they don't know what to do. I love how the reason for why Taichi being able to feel Yamato's heartbeat after jogressing is devastating. I love Hikari and Takeru's relationship - how both are so fiercely protective of their brothers yet they don't impose on each other, like how Takeru doesn't pry despite needing to know how Yamato is and why Taichi is at their home all the time. I can go on and on, but really I just love love love this! I need to go reread this front to back later. Thank you for sharing this amazing story with us!
50cyg chapter 20 . 11/10/2017
I love how Sora arranges her keys to use as a weapon
“Hiding a body” – hahahaha
The thought of Takeru spinning round and round on a bar stool makes me happy :P
“Hikari has always been a devious little fiend, Yamato decides. It’s just hidden behind that sweet and innocent façade” – 100% agree
Mimi dressing everyone in costumes makes me really happy :P and Takeru and Hikari teasing Yamato about the apron is so much fun to read
“Those two have never been able to keep their hands off each other” – True story. Been that way since the day they met (well since the day they landed in the Digital World many years ago, at least) :P
I love Christmas stuff in fiction, not so much in real life, but fiction always makes it so pleasant

So, glad we got a proper ending to this wonderful story.
50cyg chapter 19 . 11/9/2017
I never understood why they have to fly around in the show either :P I mean if Mimi can randomly meet up with them in the Digital World for a picnic than realistically she can return with them via their portals, but I don’t think the 02 writers thought it through
I’m so happy you finished it! This is wonderful
Hahaha did you get the pink apron joke from SeaQueen-Jokessho?
“into the pile of piles” - I think you meant to write “pile of pillows”
He grabbed Taichi’s hand! *claps enthusiastically*
“usually not boys, buy still” - I think buy should be but
Why do I get the feeling that Yamato knew that Agumon wouldn’t be able to get up on his own and was hoping he’d just stay down there? :P
“Don’t tell Mimi about this. You’ll never get her to leave” - hahahahahaha
I actually HC that Yamato and Taichi would move to a rural location when they get older. I think it suits them both
Daaawwwww! Agumon and Yamato interacting makes me sooooo happy. How cute that he gives him a tomato *heart eyes*
Yamato totally wants Taichi to move in and I’m so very pleased
“Are you seriously asking me what love is, Yamato? God. I am so not qualified to answer that” - hahahahaha
“Holy shit,” Taichi says, realizing, “that is what you’re asking? Holy shit” - This is the greatest thing ever! This reaction is so perfect, I love this whole conversation!
“He talks a half step closer” – Takes*
“want to see more of my bedroom then?” – HA!
Nawww I loved it. Thanks for writing it I really loved the way you wrote Yamato's conflict as he sorted through his feelings and tried to improve himself by not getting angry so easily and such. This was a well written story :)
50cyg chapter 18 . 11/6/2017
Aww that’s so sweet of you to dedicate this story to your sister. Siblings are the best thing ever. They are people who are there for you and understand you in a way no one else ever could.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Mimi in a nurse’s outfit
“except for the intense and serious look he’d given Jyou… just as deeply as he ever had.” This whole section of that paragraph just pulled at my heartstrings. I’m a huge Jyoumato bromance shipper and I love that Jyou knows that Yamato is still the same even when he acts hostile. Naww I love it so much.
“I usually understand Yamato alright” kjnwrkuwehriu2hriuw My Jyoumato heart omg!
“effusive” Hey, I just learned a new word
Also, I liked the whispered discussion between Koushiro and Jyou. It’s nice to see the two interacting
“Traveling between worlds must have physiological effects. I wouldn’t be surprised to see strange medical conditions arise among a population with such an unusual chronic exposure profile.” Holy shit I never thought about that but this is a fascinating concept! :O
Awww I loved the interaction between Jyou and Yamato at the end there Gosh I love them so much
“You know perfectly well what my opinions are on deliberate ignorance” I’m not sure I can even explain why but I really love this line
“I was deliberately withholding knowledge from him” Ohhhh, fantastic comeback on the part of Taichi :D
Okay but couldn’t Yamato just go through his gate to the Digital World in Shimane and then return to the Real World through a gate created for one of the other chosen, like Taichi’s? If Gabumon is entering the Digital World in Shimane and Agumon is returning from the Digital World in Tokyo then why can’t Yamato just do that? Same with Mimi
I feel like everyone takes Koushiro for granted :P
Aww, I love Jyou’s inner thoughts while watching the interactions between Taichi and Yamato
It makes me laugh that everyone just assumes that Taichi will follow them into the hallway :P
“Taichi has the urge to close the distance between them… his delicate slender hands.” This whole paragraph killed me
“vehemence” I learned another new word
“The whole muddled situation is kind of cute, really” I love Jyou’s POV so much omg
I love when Jyou plays the problem solver!
I’m so excited for the next chapter!
50cyg chapter 17 . 11/2/2017
Holy cow a new chapter already! You are like a machine haha
Totally agree that Yamato’s father is flawed, but that’s part of what makes him such a great character. Don’t worry, I was just playing with you in my last review ;P
Yes a love long chapters :D take your time, don’t feel like you have to rush your work
“Yamato wants to tell Taichi to keep grinning at him like that forever” Daawww!
Oh, you’re going with the canon jobs it seems. That’s interesting. I kind of like the idea of Taichi being able to get in places without trouble due to status.
“I can’t believe you’re the official ambassador to the Digiworld, and you still go to your little sister’s apartment to do laundry” me neither, but it feels so quintessential Taichi :P
“loving you doesn’t mean I have to put up with being treated like this” YES! Good for you Taichi!
“There’s only one person that every single one of us would follow to the ends of the earth and back, that’s Taichi. Surely you can see that there must be a reason for that, even if you don’t understand it.” This is a fantastic line. Holy cow! Beautiful.
“Yamato has to suppress the sudden urge to reach over and grab his hand” don’t resist it Yamato! Give in to your urges! They are wonderful and beautiful!
50cyg chapter 16 . 11/1/2017
Yay! New Chapter :D
“a haphazardly chosen place that will become the hamper’s permanent home for the next few weeks” why is Taichi me? :P
“There’s a floor under there. A wood floor. It’s beautiful” lol
“even though he’s never been overly fond of Yamato’s father” *gasp* Blasphemy!
I like how Sora misreads the article by putting in words having to do with the digital world. It’s very human and a nice touch.
No Sora! Why!? You are ruining everything!
Aww I love that Yamato is trying so hard. I really like how you are writing the relationship unfold. It’s really great to see someone take the time to break down how people mend relationships and work towards being a better version of themselves.
I didn’t know you read my tumblr posts, that makes me smile I’ll let you know what I think when I get around to reading the book. I have a few readings that I have to get to first though.
Thanks so much for the new chapter, and so quickly too!
50cyg chapter 15 . 10/27/2017
I had no idea that Howl’s moving castle was a book. I have now added it to my list of readings I’d like to get to. Thanks

I love the way the conversation between Taichi and Yamato is going in terms of unconditional friendship. I think it’s true in canon. Taichi loves Yamato in every way unconditionally. He knows who Yamato is and what he would and wouldn’t do and knows he’d never do anything to make him hate him.
“You look like a supermodel when you’re brooding” lol
Okay I love that Yamato’s solution is for Taichi to just tag along on his errands and that this is something that makes Taichi happy. Omg it’s just too cute! Their relationship is perfect!
“He wants to say it again, over and over, just to watch the way the ecpression moves across Taichi’s face like sunlight breaking through the clouds.” kjhwurh3wiuth3iu4t

Looking forward to the next chapter
50cyg chapter 14 . 10/27/2017
I’m glad you’ve returned Also I love rock climbing too!

Aww I like how you talk about Yamato being glad when he sees that him and Takeru share traits in common
I love the paragraphs when Yamato is explaining what the picture looks like!
The flamingo sky comparison is really good. It actually reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend of mine about if Taiyama were to ever become canon.
I like what you’ve done with Yamto’s character and his feelings towards Taichi’s confession in this fic
Kal-El Fornia chapter 1 . 10/26/2017
I can't believe that this story has been up since 2006, and only just know am I discovering it. It is something tremendous, heartbreaking, and so very very real. You made me feel something as I read this, and o can't wait to read the rest of this piece that feels oddly nostalgic.
50cyg chapter 13 . 10/16/2017
The fish has made a return. I am pleased.
“I truly fear for your sanity” – pfffft lol

I really enjoyed this fic. I'd love to see you continue if you ever choose to do so :)
50cyg chapter 12 . 10/16/2017
I like the way you describe love
So, I was on the edge of my seat with my hand covering my mouth from the moment Yamato showed up at the door. Holy crap.
50cyg chapter 11 . 10/16/2017
Spoiler Warning

I legit was convinced Hikari was going to walk in on an attempted suicide
50cyg chapter 10 . 10/16/2017
Gabumon’s POV is just great
50cyg chapter 8 . 10/16/2017
I can 100% get down with Mimi being a Lord of the Rings nerd
“slapping is for girls” – Well Daisuke slapped Ken in 02, so what are you implying exactly :P
“omg how predictable” - Jyou is mvp. I absolutely love the way you’ve written him
“I won’t fight with you” – omg Yamato wtf! I would bitch slap you if I could