Reviews for Baby Steps
Anakinskywalkergo chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
This was great! I loved it.
WynCatastrophe chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I only just discovered this fic (I'm about four years behind the times, but hey, better late than never!) and really enjoyed it. I didn't think the earthism was glaring at all ... it was present in the setting, but everything else really took a backseat to Anakin's feelings of reluctance to being touched and Obi-Wan's desire to express closeness, even though I'm not sure I would characterize it as affection. I don't believe I've ever considered the difficulties in understanding horseplay - what my people would call "rough-housing" - for children who were raised in single-parent households before, but it definitely rings true.

With much admiration for your sensitive prose,

Sarah
ArwenMUC chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
This review is long overdue. You took the time to read and review one of my stories, so I wanted to do the same for you.

Your title reminds me of a certain movie that I watched last year for class. LOL. Anyway, it will take time time for Anakin and Obi-Wan to be able to form the Padawan and Master friendship, and I think that you have demonstrated how it might have begun.
Anakin T Skywalker chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
This was kind of cute. It was also the only story of yours that was not labeled "slash." I'm not into slash, or I'd read and review more of your stories. I enjoyed this one, though.
DontHaveAcreativeName chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
Hey, it's me, yeah, AGAIN.

Thanks again for responding to all of my ramblings as I work through your stories. It's disheartening when you pour your heart out and the author has no response.

ANYWAY, back on topic, I adored this story. I love love love stories of Obi-Wan raising Anakin, they are adorable. Even when there is no relationship involved, it gives the same warm and fuzzy feeling and pure fluff fics :D. I love how this story deals with the pair at the beginning: both unsure on their own parts. Obi-Wan took a Padawan immediately, having no idea how to raise a child [unless, my Star Wars knowledge is very flawed-very positive], and the whole planet is full of new stuff to Anakin. Of course things would be weird and you did a perfect job explainingn it. I also love Obi Wan giving in when Anakin begs for Dex's...hehe...

Thanks for being awesome.

PS...Have you considered writing another longer Ani/Obi story? Please? :D
Kelaria chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
"I liked it until you hit me," Anakin said nasally. - LOL! :) Aw, he used to get hit by Watto, no wonder he's sensitive about it... This is really sweet! I'm looking forward to catching up with more of your stories! )
YodaBreaker chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
It's interesting how intimate you made the Master-Padawan bond feel; there was definitely a single-parent vibe running throughout the story. Luminara felt more like a dispassionate medic than a fellow Jedi, which very well may have been what you were aiming for.

Though there are perhaps a few too much Earth-centric details here, you capture the emotional heart of this scene nicely. The awkwardness, the hurt, the bafflement - all very nicely fleshed out. And how like a little boy not to be able to express what's really bothering him until he feels safer. M...sliders make everything better :)