Reviews for Strangers
ProNerdFighter chapter 8 . 4/1/2014
I just want to let you know, if you're still there, that reading this wonderful story and then finding it ends here hurts me deep in my soul. I will forever carry this pain of not getting an explanation for THAT within me.

...But it was still awesome and I'm glad you wrote it. :D
GettingBy chapter 8 . 9/29/2007
You have a tremendous flair for twisting emotions. How Mark feels about not knowing about Roger's daughter...and then Christine's cruelty...wow. One thing I'm wondering how you plan to resolve is Roger's HIV positiveness, and him fathering a child.
Looking4YouAgain chapter 8 . 9/28/2007
holy crap! roger is such a...a i don't even know the word for him! hes a douche bag! poor Marky, i really wish he would rip christines head off! Who would have thought Roger would marry sucha a bitch i guess it fits him since Roger is sucha a douche bag sellout now
hawkeye-heart 'n Seoul chapter 7 . 9/15/2007
I have told you that I f-ing LOVE this story, right? Cuz if not- I just did... this story is absolutely amazing... without a doubt a perfect reunion fic for Mark and Roger... so realistic... so horribly and wonderfully heartwrenching that it's impossible to look away... please keep up the awesome work

Your Addicted Reader
GettingBy chapter 7 . 9/15/2007
Oh wow. Heartrending. When Roger told Mark he didn't miss him...wow. I wanted to cry. I'm really glad you're working on this again.
hawkeye-heart 'n Seoul chapter 6 . 6/14/2007
HOLY DAMN! that was a twist I never saw coming... I had to read that last part twice... I really love the way you've changed this- it's just as powerful and gut-twisting as before maybe even more so somehow... you simply must post more soon (run for the stairs, Roger!)... anyway, I am anxiously awaiting the next chapter... keep up the amazing work

YOUR ADDICTED READER
GreenGreenDress13 chapter 6 . 6/14/2007
wha hoo they meet again. I actually felt sorry for maureen mark was like attacking her. Verbally that is cause she was the physical one.

anyways

write more
Lyz chapter 6 . 6/13/2007
I think I might possibly die if you don't update again soon.
GettingBy chapter 6 . 6/13/2007
First off...YOU UPDATED! That always makes my day, because I'm so hooked on your fic.

Second...I love how you can make emotional shifts so believable, because people really are such changeable creatures that way. And that Maureen misses the subtlety of the changes, as she is wont to do.

Thirdly...the end of this chapter...was devastating. I just sat here and stared at the screen in disbelief. It was so typically them, but just...heartrending.
freedomfighter82 chapter 6 . 6/13/2007
Duude...NICE. I love Roger's entrance. And poor Maureen. I really wanted to step in and defend her. And I really wanted to slap Mark. But nice job!
freedomfighter82 chapter 5 . 5/7/2007
Ye-es! I have missed this SO much. I really love the direction you've taken it in now. Great job, love of my life!
GettingBy chapter 5 . 5/4/2007
I think my review when I realized you'd restarted was pretty incoherant, so I'm going to try to make this one sound more sane.

Most of the emotions in the story feel very...right, for how the characters would react. The way their lives have settled in works, although to be honest, I'm not completely sure about the thing with Roger yet. That's not meant to come as a bad thing neccessarily-since we've barely seen him, I shouldn't be sure. Just curious. And I am.

I really like the fact that the April's car/car key are in there. NYTW references always make my day.

For this chapter, one specific highlight was, "Somewhere in there a few years passed, and now, walking alone without anyone else on the sidewalk to rub elbows with…or focus on… I realize that without Roger, there is no New York. It’s sad how that makes sense." So true. Roger embodies New York. At least...Mark's New York. Also, the bit about their younger days being surreal was well put. It keeps the story grounded in the correct time period, and shows just how impetuous and young and bohemian they were.

Once again, I have this crazy-long review. I guess I just can't ever shut up.
GettingBy chapter 4 . 5/3/2007
So, I've been reading this story basically since you started. I found it after one or two chapters; I forget because it was awhile ago. And I was pretty much super excited about it. And then it got into the kidnapping stuff, and I was like ? BUT, now that you're going back and redoing the part of the story that had thrown me completely off track, I pretty much love you. I love that Mark's emotions go up and down in an instant, because it's so realistic. Roger abandoned him, and he still loves him, but he's also insanely angry. And honestly, I'm kinda angry with Roger right now too, for not being there for fourteen years, and then having the gall to find Mark and leave him bewildered.

But it's so Roger, and I love Roger, so I can't hate him for doing it.

Anyways, this is getting rather long. Suffice to say that I'm thrilled that you're working on this again, as a more realistic story. Thanks for making my day.
darkgryphonmage chapter 8 . 3/26/2007
Woah, I have no idea what the hell is going on, but I'm definately interested about seeing what happens next. Please update soon.
freedomfighter82 chapter 8 . 1/29/2007
Emily, you are a genius and I love you.

This was so perfect! Mark was so in character! He's laughing at his being stuck on a pole! And his brain is so weird! God, this made me so happy.

I love Christine, but that's only because I know who she really is. So I can't really give a determined view of her because I'm just thinking about her...future. :D

Anyway, this was so awesomely perfect. I loved it! I wanted to leave you a longer review but I have to leave. Amazing my dahling!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »