Reviews for Frodo's Interlude
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
For a little over 500 word one-shot story, you certainly poured in everything that needed to be said.

It's nice to read interlude fanfiction stories, given this point in the actual books. You did well allowing us to understand Frodo's reactions after Bilbo's leave from the Shire. I figured he would think that way about a wife, as during before the quest, he acted like he was content being a bachelor. It's also interesting how you showed Frodo in a contented mood. How he would think of having a wife and children after the quest, in 'The Return of the King', is another question that was very vaguely mentioned in the book, as far as my memory remembers... I could be wrong, but I'll have to double-check and re-read the books again.

The only errors I caught was the name of the land. 'Middle Earth', the way Tolkien wrote it, is spelled this way: Middle-earth. Also, you have an over-usage of the word 'rather', which you may want to consider using sparingly next time.

You did fine with this story.

-Aria Breuer

P.S. I'm putting this story in my community, perhaps for the reasons I mentioned above. We don't often read stories in which Frodo is content, but you did well staying true to his character. I hope this is all right with you?
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
A great story. Very well written.
ArodieltheElfofRohan chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
Aw, this was cute! It made me smile. _ I really liked this sentence: "...Unless, joked his friend Peregrin, the wizard Gandalf had put some sort of spell on the Baggins bachelors, perhaps thinking that looking younger would make them seem more attractive to the local ladies..." _ Well, farewell mellon nin! Arodiel
shirebound chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
It's lovely to read about a contented Frodo, which certainly is true to FOTR 'canon'. And what a fun idea about folks wondering if Gandalf wanted the Baggins bachelors to look more appealing to the ladies! :D