Reviews for The Game
PottedLilies chapter 31 . 6/9/2011
Wow. I don't even know where to begin. I started this trilogy a few days ago because I needed these characters to come back into my life, you know? The show has been over too long and I needed something.

This was the perfect something.

All three of them were wonderful-the way they were all so different but also all connected, the way they started off so light-hearted and became so dark and serious. You have so much talent as an author.

For this story specifically, I have to say that you did a truly spectacular job with Sokka. He grew so much as a character and you captured every aspect of his beliefs and opinions with this sort of striking perfection. His experiences with Ching and Juno, and then the bit at the end with the mask-it complicated everything (for Sokka), but added so much depth to the story.

Ho'Wan Island was adorable. I love the way you gave Zuko a chance the way you did. I like that you started Zuko and Katara's relationship that way so that she could see underneath the scar first thing.

Bent was chilling. The story with Avatar Karanna and Zuko and Fonquay and WOW. I just loved it. Everything you’ve written just has so much meaning and it’s so creative and intense. It’s amazing. I loved the way Zuko really grew. The way he struggled with being a selfish prince or loving a peasant. You wrote him beautifully.

But The Game was by far my favorite. Everything about it is so imaginative and different, yet it all fits so well into the Avatar world. Sokka’s metamorphosis was, again, perfect and touching and heart-wrenching. Sokka could befriend anyone. And Witch and the crows? Oh man, SO GOOD. And I love the way you develop Zuko and Katara individually, based on their own problems and feelings and struggles, rather than developing them only as a couple.

Basically, I just wanted to say thank you. I’ve been in a serious writing funk as of late (though I write for Harry Potter), but these stories have given me a second wind, so to speak. I saw on your profile what you said about becoming a published author and what the nomad said about it being about the journey, and it all just have me a good kick in the butt and I am so grateful. And thank for writing this the way you did because you kept everyone true to themselves. It’s not some lemony, OOC nonsense written to appease someone’s inner fangirl. It was just…true, I guess. Obviously not a true story or anything, but the bigger picture, the message was true, and the best fiction authors are those that place us in a fantasy world and end up showing us the truth in our own. So thank you thank you thank you. And best of luck in all you do.

Love Always,

Kayla
WriteroftheRevolution chapter 16 . 6/1/2011
I'm sorry, but during the part where Zuko was telling Katara about the Fire Nation, this line just kept singing in my head:

"I can show you the world. Shining, shimmering, splendid."

I'm sorry. I couldn't help it.

By the way, I love this series, and I love your stuff! The Til Death Do Us Part series is still and will forever be one of my favorites
sadladybug chapter 31 . 3/4/2011
I don't know if you check this account anymore, but I feel compelled to say this: A couple years ago, your trilogy was one of the first pieces of Zutara fanfiction that I read. Unfortunately for me, your work set quite a high standard, making it difficult to find other works of comparable quality. I still read Zutara fanfiction often, and recently decided to go back and reread these stories of yours. I must say, they are just as good now as they were then, and they remain among my favorites to come out of this fandom. I see from your profile that you have now become a published author, which with your talent doesn't suprise me. Congratulations on this accomplishment, and thank you for your hard work on these stories as well! I hope you find continued success.
The King in White chapter 31 . 2/12/2011
...I think I hated pretty much every character in this.

Well. Not really.

But I FELT like Zuko, you know? I was getting constantly frustrated with Sokka and Katara and Aang and Iroh and on and on...

Overall, pretty good an fairly original.
Blue-Bird-11 chapter 31 . 1/31/2011
I love this story! It's amazing! I'm almost certain I started and finished this within 2 days! Luv it!
Jags chapter 31 . 12/19/2010
Wonderful story! Beautifully written. I wish you luck on your endeavors and hope you continue to write.
derrrrrrr chapter 7 . 11/2/2010
ok TOTALLY NOT hating here but...zuko is really...stalker ex now...its...creepy...
stuff the world with cake chapter 9 . 8/31/2010
Well, I never stopped to consider a Zuko/Momo friendship, but I think I really wouldn't mind one.

The interactions are interesting enough. And I think it'd have LOTS of potential.

What kind of potential? I ... don't know.
Sakura Katana chapter 31 . 8/31/2010
Just finished the trilogy. I really enjoyed it. Great job!
TexasDreamer01 chapter 31 . 8/22/2010
this is a wonderful trilogy.

brittney
Blouta chapter 31 . 8/1/2010
Well written, actually, I was surprised that it was the best story in your trilogy. And usually, the first is the best. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I tried my best not to leave the computer until it was done.
loverofZuko chapter 31 . 7/26/2010
I am truly crying inside that this story has ended. the whole story has kept me on the edge of my seat figuratively the entire way. Those intense moments were enough to make me skip a heartbeat. it is a great honor to write a story which readers wish never to end. Great writing style (I hardly found any typos and great imagery). overall five stars :)
The.Usual.Angst chapter 6 . 7/11/2010
ahhhhhhh MOMO!
Xia19222 chapter 31 . 6/17/2010
omg i love all your stories. Their all so amazing and well written. You said something about trying to get books published in real life. I'd love to read them. Best wishes ~Xia~
Misfitable chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
You know my first thought when I saw this story? The title.

...Aw crap, I just lost the Game. Again.

~Misfit