Reviews for Geek Nirvana
Swanseajill chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
realistic, nice characterisation, and with both humour and angst. Good job.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Lighthearted AND angsty - a perfect combination! You did a great job of showing Sam's POV of trying to understand what's happening in Dean's head and trying to figure out little things he can do to help him with it, or at least distract him from it.

Great story!
reading chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
I loved this - even if it wasn't all light-hearted. :)

"Blaming himself, wishing away the first decision Dad had made as a Dad in a long time." What a great insight - especially after John's confession to Dean that he'd put too much of a burden on his son's shoulders.

"He could practically feel the light-bulb go off over Dean's head- hundreds of girls..." And this - hee!

You did such a nice job of showing the progression of Sam's understanding of Dean's psyche with this-from the fairly childish "Dean doesn't care" to a deeper, more adult appreciation of his brother "Oh, Dean does care" to almost a care-taking role of "Dean cares too much."

And then, of course, at the end, the realization that Dean had let Sam pull him out of his mood because Dean knew Sam needed it.

Well done.
Ash8 chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
When I read the summary I also thought it would be a bit of light-hearted "fluff” but WOW - it was so much more and so well done. What incredible insight. Actually I found it quite sad and painful - I felt you truly captured the "place" they seem to be at the moment. It is so dark really, but (as you did) - they somehow manage to find a way to "lighten" the load. So many great lines and observations in your story. Thank you.
Surplus Imagination chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
It was definately light-hearted. And it finished with a nice, smart-alecky touch. Good job!
Nvrmore chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Aww. That was good. Way to go for Sammy saving the day, so to speak.

Good job!
Lux chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Nice characterization and evocative descriptions of same.

Dean is way too cool for MySpace. :p
Heather16 chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Wow, I just got through all of your "Supernatural" fics and this is wonderful stuff! I love it all, and I seriously need more :) Great job, on all of 'em!
Rhesa chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
great as alawys!
HellCat 1031 chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Some parts had me laughing out loud, and some had me close to tears.

"They were leaving behind darkness- knowledge of it that could never be taken back.

He used to think Dean didn't get that.

He knows better now.

Now he knows that Dean has always gotten it; that Dean has always gotten that and so much more."

This had to be my favorite passage. It just made me go "Oh god."

"There are fuckin bubble letters, Sam."

I giggled at that one. It's so totally Dean.

This was beautiful. Great job.
sams1ra chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Another good story. Kinda wish Dean would have teased Sam a little more, but I can understand why you didn’t have him do that. ::waiting for your next story:: ::still waiting::
Willoweese chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Really liked this. Great job!
pmsdevil01 chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
i thought it was funny. you did good.
JadeAlmasy chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
It was very good! Love it!

Jade
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
This is perfect. I LOVE it. I thought it was hilarious that Dean didn't know what "Myspace" was. Catch ya on the flip side.
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »