Reviews for Tequila Sunrise
appalove chapter 9 . 7/19/2014
This story presents such an interesting and realistic "what if". It never devolves to melodrama, which makes it that much more affecting. Of course it's been years so I wouldn't expect an ending for it, but I think the possibilities you raised are worthwhile in themselves. It'd be interesting to learn more of what Jackie's thinking, since her thin excuse for staying at Hyde's seems like it might be covering up some deeper wants, maybe ones she's not fully aware of. Aww Hyde and baby Sophie at the wedding were so cute together. Heather is an interesting character and I'm pretty curious about what Doug knows about her. The delightful thing about this story too is that it doesn't immediately set up a hint of a romantic scenario for JH - I can see this ending with Hyde connecting with Sophie but not necessarily ever getting back together with Jackie. Which is probably most appropriate, since his abandoning of her was appalling. Anyway, thanks for sharing what you had of this story so far. :)
la muneka chapter 9 . 6/8/2014
I know it's been forever since you published this story and the chance of update is pretty much null, but I loved it a lot.. so I decided to make my plea anyway. It's a great story, I so wish you'd come back to finish it..
SasoDeiFan chapter 2 . 2/15/2009
Wow, I had never thought to look up a 70's show fic.

Nicely done.

:D
verdebel chapter 9 . 7/22/2007
This story is so great! Sophie is so cute. PLZ UPDATE SOON!
MinaSeraphina chapter 9 . 5/23/2007
oh i love it, i love it! real drama here! hope you update soon!
luvcali76 chapter 9 . 5/23/2007
OH MY GOD! Are you trying to kill me, batty? Fuck, that nearly made me cry. That last part. Poor baby. Maybe he's afraid of turning out like Bud to his kid rather than the running out part. Maybe he was afraid of staying 'cause he wouldn't be a good parent. God. It doesn't excuse what he did, but still.

Ok, so you are driving me nuts in the JH department. Something's gotta give here. And Heather's ok and all but make her go away. Haha. Bring Jackie back! Bring Sophie and her horsies back. She was so cute. And Hyde needs to start interacting with her more. And Jackie. I don't think they've said two words to each other, have they? Or spent one minute alone, just the three of them.

Oh, and where's that bus we were talking about, 'cause I got a idea. Doug can be driving the bus that hits Heather. He'll be arrested for vehicular homicide because he'll elude police, and there will be this big 'ol chase. It'll be on the news and everything. Jackie and Hyde and Sophie can watch it from Hyde's couch with popcorn and sodas and stuff, and if they get real cheeky, they can make one of those banners and hang it over an overpass, saying "Go Doug! Only 2300 miles to Mexico!"

:D You get my point. Gimme some damn JH! Mwah! And stop trying to make me cry; my little Hyde-loving zennie heart can't take it. I wanna hug him more than ever. Poor baby. Make Heather leave him alone!

:P XOXO - luv
RegardstoBroadway chapter 9 . 5/22/2007
Man, I wish I could hate that you gave Hyde a girlfriend with a head on her shoulders... but I can't. I have to side with the OC on this one... He knew. So, it's both Hyde and Jackie's fault.

I like that you have Hyde sure that he wouldn't turn into Bud, but he is sort of taking the steps without even knowing it. Sure, maybe he cares that he has a daughter, unlike Bud's lack of feeling towards him, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that he hasn't met her before today.

Poor little Hyde... automatically blaming himself for his dad's departure and anticipating the rising level of his mother's hatred. How could he do that to his own little girl?

Good chappy, even if it was short... looking forward to the next update!
Zenkindoflove chapter 9 . 5/21/2007
Aw, that flashback was just so heartbreaking. I just want to hug little Hyde and tell him to pretend he's Deputy Hyde again (which btw was adorable!) I thought it was really fitting of the subject matter at hand.

I thought it was really interesting that you brought up how Heather was really Hyde's polar opposite and not Jackie. Your explanation makes a lot of sense actually.

Man, this web is just getting more tangled than ever! I don't even know what to expect.

Great job with this.
allienicole16 chapter 9 . 5/21/2007
YAY AN UPDATE! Wow...i dont really like heather but hey she's hyd'e girlfriend so have to tolerate her. She does play mind games. LOL. That last scene though where hyde was a little boy was really touching. It was so sad and so cruel that you just want to scoop little hyde up and make all his pain go away. Great job.
luvcali76 chapter 8 . 5/15/2007
FINALLY! Hehe. Aw, you're such a tease, batty! I wanted to see how Jackie and Heather interacted. And God, are you planning on getting rid of her? Are she (meaning: Jackie) and Hyde going to start something at all? You have me so confused. Does he just want this other girl and that's it? I'm still wondering, is this just about Hyde getting to know his daughter or...AH!

Ok, because you're an incredible writer, I will be patient, but I gotta know, will there be any JH yummies? Or, are they really over? :( Heather is nice and all, but it irritates me that she's not feeling threatened by Jackie. Who does she think she is? Jackie Burkhart is freakin' beautiful! She better recognize! If my man had been living with Jackie while I was away-Pft!-I would be pissed! Ha!

Ok, so no more lolly-gagging. Start updating more often, or I swear it, I will send a Mike Myers Strip-o-gram to your house! XOXO - M
RegardstoBroadway chapter 8 . 5/14/2007
I loved the flashback at the beginning with the song! His thoughts on how answering her would lead to a ten minute conversation. So funny!

Man, face to face with her replacement... that has got to suck for Jackie. And having to deal with limited funds? Never an ideal situation for her.

Aww. The sensitive moment at the end where he's trying to comfort her was so Hyde... that's difficult to pull off.

Looking forward to the next update!
Zenkindoflove chapter 8 . 5/14/2007
I really loved the flashbacks in this chapter. They really brought back a lot of good JH memories from early in their lives. I have a feeling the next chapter will be really angsty, so this one was a great prepatory chapter for whatever is in store for us. Great job.
allienicole16 chapter 8 . 5/14/2007
Ah i was so excited when i saw that you'd updated. I did a happy dance. LOL. great job. Those memories were great. You could feel the love. Great job.
luvcali76 chapter 7 . 5/14/2007
FINALLY!

Good for Heather. At least someone, besides Jackie, is giving him shit for being such a... such a... shithead! Leaving his kid. Pft! Dumbass! So I am curious as to how Heather and Jackie are going to get along. Seems like they'll get along just fine, so far. Haha. They both want to de-ball him. Hey they can each take a ball and run in opposite directions! Ha!

Anyway, I have to go but I'll get to chapter 8 tomorrow. ;) Nice update - M
Nero chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
First seven chapters are very solid, with a realistic plot that could've been a real possibility for a spin-off show that followed up some of the characters.

Characters act like they do in the show, and while this isn't the absolutely necessary for a good story, it certainly helps out tremendously when it comes to retaining readers and giving it credibility.

Overall, great story, and I'm looking forward to chapter 8!