Reviews for Flying
supert
This so needs a follow up, especially with Alec confronting Logan and the developing of the Max/Alec relationship.
That's the problem she has with Alec really - he doesn't want to be normal, human but Max has spent 10 years trying to fit in so she wouldn't be found and has denied what she is to herself. Alec makes her question what she wants.
Jen10Jen chapter 1 . 3/10
Loved this. We rarely get to see Max truly vulnerable and open about what she's feeling, and even though in this instance she's in a really bad and dark place, it was refreshing and youn wrote it well.
Wholives4Eva chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
I really like this especially the combination of emotional angst and bluntness in Alec's thoughts. That is one of the things I most liked about his character in the series - you got a sense that for all his bravado he was honest with himself about how he felt, even if he rarely shared that with the rest of the world. I also liked the hook about flying, it's a very symbolic idea and worked well here.
briedwards76 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I liked this a lot.
SoftRains chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
It's been a while since I've watched Dark Angel, but this really brought back just images and being able to picture Max sitting on the needle pretty clearly. This was just so sad and it tugs on your heartstrings when Max is just so lost.
NoorJahan chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
utterly beautiful and heartbreaking. Love it.
snowlove99 chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
The angst was real and poignant. You did a great job of showing Max's state of mind through Alec's point of view.
neverlasting-legend chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Fuckin' Logan but thank God for Alec. I hate possible suicide fics but I loved the way you made it so realistic. After all, Max can stand the torture and the mind fucking Manicore throws at her but it's realisticly guilty when Logan has to deal with anything.
seoyas chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
The concern Alec shows for MAx is very sweet. I like how much she means to him and I think Logan needs a kick in the backside for being so insensitive.

By the way, whats the private joke that Max mentions? Is it related to the show? cuz I didn't get it. All in all this is a great one shot.
Tim C. Girl chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Okay, I definitely like your take on Max and Alec's relationship! This was heartwrenching in the best of ways, just how I imagine Max would react in that situation, and how I hope Alec would behave in turn.

I know it's been forever, but if you ever feel like writing those two again, I'm definitely interested! :)
superscar chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I thought this story was beautiful and I loved it.

THIS couldn't be more awesome:

"I'm exactly what I was designed to be. I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm a soldier… a hunter… a killer."

"Shut up," Alec said, alarmed. But something seemed to be unutterably humorous about his response, because Max burst into giggles. "What?" he asked, testily.

"Nothing," she said, stifling her laughter, wrapping her red arms around her midsection. "Private joke."

And *this*, god this broke my heart "If she fought him and they both fell – well, that would just save a bullet. Because if she jumped, he was going to go straight back to his apartment and put a Glock in his mouth."

I'm glad that he didn't tell her he loved her, though it was perfectly fucking obvious to *us* that he did. I think she would have freaked the hell out about it.

Such a perfect little story. Thanks for writing it.
L chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Brilliant. Well balanced. Very insightful.

What more can I say? I loved it.
anybody-out-there chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
I'm on a roll today. Guess it's the offical 'reading Carrie's dark angel fics day' today :) Again a great (but short) story from you. You show great insight in the characters.