Reviews for Somewhere In the Middle
readingaccount chapter 20 . 1/24
Beautiful! Love it.
Guest chapter 20 . 12/21/2014
Aww, that was a wonderful story!
Everest stillnight
Airy89 chapter 20 . 1/11/2014
Ahhb...so awesome
I almost cry when read 19th chap
Carling chapter 20 . 1/8/2014
I forgot to say that you did write their breakup so convincingly that I accepted that they were truly over. Draco did really act and speak as if he did not love Harry. Especially when he so lightly said that just because Harry had been with him, it did not mean Harry was not still possibly bisexual. When he said that I thought he really was letting Harry go.

I thought maybe you'd end up putting Harry with Ginny and getting three children that way to balance out the loss of the Potter-Malfoy children. I really would have been okay with that, oddly enough, because you really did make Draco very distant and believable as indifferent. I thought perhaps something about time traveling and the obliviation of his close bond with Harry in the future had fundamentally changed his feelings toward Harry. And given the title of this story and Narcissa's little speech to Blaise, I thought perhaps the future would be somewhere in the middle of what we originally saw, with some of the couples coming to pass, but not Harry and Draco.
Carling chapter 20 . 1/8/2014
Wow, that was awesome! I love how you reinterpreted the canon prophecy and invented your own wand lore and made Sirius such an integral part of the story.

I've got a gay friend also named Scott who likes to give me some scandalous details from time to time. I am sure we don't share the same friend but it's a funny coincidence.

Well done! You did justice to Petunia's story.

I'm so sad for Sev, though. And just what exactly is going on with Remus and Cissy?
Carling chapter 17 . 1/8/2014
This chapter was pure gold. You addressed sone of what I said bothered me last chapter. And you've thrown enough uncertainty into the equation between last chapter and this one to make the future we readers thought we knew look less like a done deal. I still can't agree that what happened with Luna and Colin makes any more sense to me, but I appreciate the heavy fallout you wrote into the past two chapters.

I love how you're writing Ron and Hermione. You've given them more weight than is typical for Draco and Harry fan fiction.

In answer to your authors note on Deathly Hallows, I agree with your comment. And the epilogue feels like a huge mistake. I think it would have been better to leave it open ended but she apparently had that ending in her head from the beginning.
Carling chapter 15 . 1/8/2014
It can't be easy writing a sequel to someone else's story. But I'm grateful you did. So many times, people promise to pick up where another author left off but rarely do they actually do it. Thank you for writing this. I've enjoyed it a lot and the humor at the beginning of Chapter 15 was very cleverly done.

But it does get murky here with what happened to Colin and Luna. Honestly, because of the outcome, i.e. Snaps being tortured into insanity, the whole point of switching Luna and Colin into Harry and Draco's places is lost. The very premise of the plot was illogical to begin with. I presume Snape would concoct something like this to preserve his badly needed role as spy. But surely a man of his intelligence would know the potion has a finite effect and would wear off, thus exposing his treachery to Voledemort...which is what in fact happened. So, two innocent children were sacrificed to absolutely no gain whatsoever, and Severus is lost anyway. Illogical and unbelievable.

And are we to believe that Severus really valued Luna and Colin so little that he deceived them into this, or that Luna and Colin consented to this?

And then we go into what seems like a rushed conclusion to the chapter...Dumbledore's brushing off of what happened to Colin and Luna. Luna dies a brutal death and Colin survived a near death experience and Dumbledore smiles because Colin will recover in time for Quidditch? At the very least the whole school should be brought to a standstill as the ministry makes a formal inquiry and investigation into this whole mess. Luna's father deserves justice and the Creeveys deserve an explanation. Realistically, they'd remove Colin from the school that endangers their son to such a degree. I know it's beyond the scope of the story to write all of that out, but there are ways of working it into the periphery so that every event doesn't seem like a device to bring Harry and Draco into each other's arms hurt/comfort style.

I do also agree with the reviewer before me who pointed out that Draco's bypassing of the full grief process was a jarring knock against a reader's willing suspension of disbelief.

I'm not bashing the story, which overall is very good and enjoyable. But these are legitimate talking points I wanted to mention and move past.

You've really done a stellar job in all other respects of showing us how the future we saw in the other story was formed.
Fp8976 chapter 15 . 9/18/2013
So wait... Harry blatantly ignores a warning and inadvertently gets Draco's father killed, and it's 'Oh, one little sentence and it's all okay now. Let's make out and figure out Harry's sexuality rather than mourning Draco's father'. You basically disregard Draco's entire grief process at losing the most important person to him. In this chapter, he essentially loses Severus, his godfather. But again, sad but eh, his boyfriend's friend is more important.

Harry meanwhile, loses someone mentioned in this story only twice or so. Someone that - even in the actual books - doesn't have much of a role, and the world stops? What makes Luna, not even Harry's best friend, more important than Lucius and Severus?

So losing a father as a result of someone else's stupidity: I'll cry a bit, but then I'll give a kissing lesson and all is right with the world!

Losing someone Harry knows, but spends no significant amount of time with at all: End of the world, everyone feels so sorry for him, this grief will surely extend to the next chapter with Harry's inability to function.

Right.

Is Harry's grief more important than Draco's?

You started to lose me when Draco's grief for his father was completely ignored just so you could push the Harry and Draco together. You didn't even have Draco go to a funeral. And just having Harry clear Lucius' name isn't enough, because beyond those newspaper articles, he is hardly mentioned again. It could have been an opportunity for them to grow closer, for Draco to mature... but instead it makes Draco give kissing lessons? Do you see how shallow that is? Your Harry and Draco are incredibly shallow people. But Harry is selfish. Draco could lose his entire family in this story, but Harry's close acquaintance would still get more attention and grief.
Rooz990 chapter 20 . 2/14/2013
amazing story

Rooz
YeCatsJ chapter 20 . 11/10/2012
Amazing story. Great job
Greiiy chapter 20 . 4/30/2012
Ahhhh very very good. I wish Draco wasn't such a dickhead, but nobody's perfect -.-

I'm glad though that you had Draco as bottom, I don't understand how anyone would have Harry as a bottom... he's more manly and dominant. Dammmmmn Daniel Radcliffe is a sex god.

Great story though!
Filthy Absinthe chapter 15 . 2/17/2012
Poor Luna, she's one of my favourite characters, she's great, and amazing, and so innocent... and I can't help crying right now, why did you kill her ? :'(
Icepath94 chapter 7 . 10/23/2011
HI! I reckoned I shall review this very special chapter because THERE'S A HARPSICHORD IN IT! Yes, that caught my attention So thank you for writing the sequel to Time changes all (I think that's the name...) and making this a very awesome sequel~ *goes onto next chapter*
sTrAwbErRi009 chapter 20 . 6/9/2011
wao. just wao. it was WAO. :D
cethmistmyk chapter 20 . 5/23/2011
Love it! It was great and amazing and lovely and fantastic and wonderful and... and... I've run out of words... Oh well

I loved it, even without the explicit sex :-p