Reviews for Still Standing
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
DAMMIT. What is this story? Awwwww man, this is sending my heart through the grater. Or perhaps that was a bad analogy given the plot of this particular fic. But geeeeeeeeeeeeez. Staring off into space for a while to recover from this one. MAN. Wow. Okay.
Bloodmoon-Shinigami chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
( This was so sad. I was surprised at the end because at first I thought it from Sammy's pov, but them had to reread it after realizing it wasn't. Both reads were heartbreakers. The truth at the end somehow cuts even deeper. Being the survivor can often be the hardest.

You did a great job on this.
KrystalB2003 chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Gah, you made my own heart hurt reading that. Very nicely written... incredibly sad!
casus17 chapter 1 . 4/21/2007

that was good. dark, and creepy, and filled with angst... i think i'm in shock from the chill.

those poor boys. but a great job!

i have to go find more of your fics now

04238 chapter 1 . 1/11/2007
'The hunt continued tomorrow. Not for vengeance. If there was one thing he’d learned, and learned hard, it was that there was no point to vengeance. Hunters overcome by revenge made mistakes, made bad decisions. Died young. Like Dad. Like Sammy.

He was still standing because he had overcome that. Still wanted it, but didn't let it consume him.

Revenge meant nothing to a dead man.' I loved those last three lines. Absolutely. You are a genius, man.

Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
I worked out it was Dean, not Sam, when you said Sammy's birthday. Good twist though. I liked the darkness of this, the chill that it gives. Great story.
ainon chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
Beautifully written. I loved that he would persist in searching for his brother, even if all that was left to search for were whatever was left of his remains. It breaks my heart, but it kinda gladdens me too, that he would have that strength to keep going. Just loved this.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
Wow. I just finished your "Lady in Black" and decided to read another of your fics. Talk about opposites. Take that as a compliment - it takes a good writer to do both well.

I know this fic is very dark, but you did a great job with it. Poor Dean - I can't imagine how hard those years were on him. And of course you treated Sam heartlessly (pun intended). When Dean was burning Sam's remains, this line struck a chord with me: "There was no one around who would question those watery eyes, not anymore, but old habits died hard." So very Dean.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us. I'll look forward to more of your stories.
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
So, I read 'Living Expenses' and decided to try out your other SN stories.

This one makes my heart ache more then the first one did! Poor Dean, I can't imagine him not going crazy, knowing Sam was suffering so horribly (all his fingers? the poor boy) and unable to do anything about. I have this image in my head of him opening that first package and finding a finger, and then later burning it... and having to do that seven more times. And then Sam's HEART. You do realize you didn't just cut out Sam's when you wrote that, right? Oh, poor Dean...

So sad. It's hard because I like to think the show will end happily, but... this seems a lot more realistic.

This is excellent. Please take it as a compliment that I now have to go read something light and happy.
Lux chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
oh my god.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
That was disconcerting and rather disturbing but very good.