Reviews for Misfire
Michael chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Nicely done!
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Great story! I really enjoyed it!
Penn O'Hara chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
'He was polite, she was polite, and by five o’clock, she was ready to beat him to death with her binder.'

Oh, please... someone pick me up off the floor! That was priceless and definitely the quote of the moment.

'Was it strange that she wanted him to grab her by the jacket and throw her up against the Captain’s door? It was probably strange.'

No, sorry, *that* one is the quote of the moment! So, tongue in cheek, so calmly but major-whomp delivery! Gems, pure gems.

'And thus, the Poulet case had become a girly cover. A way for them to duck out, under the general blanket of discussing ‘police business’ so that the rest of the squad could have a reason to mind their own damn business. It worked like a charm.'

One word for that. Grin.

'"Mike and I went out drinking after the sentencing."

"Oh, crap."'

Oh crap, alright. Cannot these detectives get it together without booze! JAC, can't they just indulge themselves sober? LOL. No disrespect intended. I'm enjoying this immensely. It has the feel of good ole British rogering slapstick which I *love* so much.

'Heat flooded Carolyn's face as several very vivid, very pleasant memories decided that now was the time to throw a parade.'

You have such a way with words. You don't say it like it is, you say it like it should be! Yes!

And, hey, did you notice how quick Eames was to know about his prowess before anything else? Frisky lady that one.

'"Would you want to be responsible for Logan in a personal relationship?"

Alex shrugged. "Depends on what he can do with his tongue."'

Thump! That's it. I'm on the floor and I'm not getting up again. Hurts too much to keep falling down there, so I'm staying, prepared for your next one-liner. ROTLMAO!

'"What the hell is wrong with me? I had sex with Mike Logan and I want to do it again."'

Ah, hello! You're human! I'm sure I'd want to do it again. Puhlease…

'For a man whore, he's pretty fit."'

That's it! I'm a goner. I can't take any more. Give me a minute to recover from that one, will ya? Sheesh!

'Was the possibility of sweaty sex with Logan worth a year of work down the tubes? Of having to start new with some other detective? She dropped her face into her hands and groaned. No, no it really wasn't.

Then she remembered that thing he did with her toes. Okay, maybe.'

Thump! Again. I had to keep reading, didn't I? ,,slap,,

'Friday morning, after twenty minutes of awkward, she punched Logan on the arm, hard, and told him to stop being an idiot. They were bitching about the new captain by lunch, during which Logan stole most of her vegetables. It wasn’t perfect, but it was something.'

And come Monday morning, she handed in her resignation after spending 48 hours in Logan's bed and other places and forgetting to come up for air, and making a date to do it all again next weekend.

Oh, sorry, did I just add an epilogue? You mean, *you* didn't. Shame on you! Where's the whip? I'm gonna crack it until you write more, m'dear.

Who are you? Where did you come from? And why aren't you writing more?

This is a fourfer ... Check Author Alert list, check Fave Author list, check Fave Story list, and check Story Alert list, in case, *just* in case you add to it while I'm not watching.

Penn.

and now I'm coming up for air and a tissue to wipe my eyes with and wire my sore jaw shut.
Confused and UntapdTreasure chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
I like this. :) It's awesome. I wish it had worked out like this. I find the Alex/Caro friendship here refreshing and fun. Though I would have loved more M/C and DEFINITELY more B/A, I have no complaints. This was perfect for what you were going for. Great work.