Reviews for The Greenwood Tree
Bergamotte chapter 65 . 7/15
Soignante, The Greenwood Tree was a delight to read, so deep, so real. I think you've captured the essence of Erik. And you've given him a perfect Christine.
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 53 . 5/19
(sighs enviously)
Oh, what I wouldn't give to marry Erik myself!
Kat chapter 65 . 3/8
Holy crap. It's 5:30 am and I've been up reading this for the past 12 hours. This is almost 10 years old and I have no idea if you'll read this, but if you ever do:
You did the impossible, and made a compelling retelling of an old story. Thank you for this gift.
Guest chapter 65 . 12/30/2015
Wonderful!
Guest chapter 57 . 12/30/2015
YEEEEEEEEEEEEĂˆEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
Guest chapter 56 . 12/30/2015
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 15 . 9/19/2015
(shakes head in amazement)
Wow, Erik really does tend to go all out with his gifts and romantic gestures, doesn't he?
wondergirl257 chapter 65 . 8/28/2015
That was lovely thank you
ArmyArtist chapter 15 . 5/14/2015
OKAY OFFICIALLY IN LOVE although I have been falling steadily since chapter one THIS IS THE CHAPTER THAT SENT ME OVER THE EDGE. I squealed like a pterodactyl at the second to last like. Oh Poor Erik! Bless you and your mind for this work of art, I will gleefully continue in my reading now.
KBooklover chapter 65 . 3/21/2015
Lovely! And better written than the Leroux. Your Christine and Erik are much more complete characters.
So many sharp insights into human nature. I especially laughed at Erik's comments about simultaneous conflicting feelings being a normal part of arguing for any romantic dyad, and women's ability to ask questions that are impossible to answer correctly - because I definitely recognize the situations that can inspire them!
Thank you for sharing your work.
The Pianist's Touch chapter 65 . 2/7/2015
How have I never read this before? This is great!
R.J chapter 65 . 6/18/2014
This was lovely, absolutely lovely. Thank you, my dear, for sharing your gift with us.
electronic.neko chapter 65 . 1/6/2014
Just so you know, I blitzed through this in one day. Well, nominally, it's two in the morning, because I couldn't bear to stop once I got close (by which I mean about 15 chapters away) to the end. Truly wonderful. One of my favorite Eriks!

In this chapter, I loved Erik trying to pretend Raoul "disappeared in a puff of money" and Christine taking photos of Erik by surprise and stealth.
electronic.neko chapter 63 . 1/6/2014
Oh dear. That was such a promising start.
electronic.neko chapter 53 . 1/5/2014
Ok, I did like the agreement to get married when Christine finally got it around to that point.