Reviews for In The Mouth of Madness
sunrise over boston chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Oh, that was chilling in the best way ever. I literally have goosebumps. It was a tragically lovely read. Also the 'Extras' bit was, for lack of better words, warming after such a cold, but excellent, story.

Keep up the fantastic work!
chelash chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
I'm speechless.

That's all I can say.

Give me a few minutes and I'll get back to you...

(5 mins later)

Holy shit. I was in tears maybe 1/3 of the way in.

THAT WAS AMAZING!

One of the best psychological stories I have EVER read. It was done beautifully. The writing was amazing, the descriptons were just mind-blowing...

It just hit the spot, I don't know what it was.

It has also made me think.

Yes - it was scary...Scary as hell.

Chloe
outsidegalaxy chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
I'm almost incoherent... This is AMAZING! Have to love House angst.
tristesses chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
That's probably the best thing, fanfic or original, that I've read in a long, long time. If it weren't for the whole, y'know, copyright thing you should get it published.

Hell, you could rewrite it with original characters and get it published. No matter what it would still have the scariness (or "implied tentacle sex").
Nyxelestia chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
damn, i honestly hav yet to read it, but goddamn, way to long for ONE chapter. I just copied and pasted it onto a Word document...93 pages! that's like half the first Harry Potter book...break it down, this thing could end up coming out as eight of nine individual chappies, at least...
ezcheeze chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
this was the weirdest thing i have EVER read. I guess it had the desired effect because i had a very creepy nightmare about it.
TwistedLilBarbie chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Wow. this is amazing. you are the best House fanfiction writer ...EVER
T'eyla chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
"Was it scary?"

Hm... yeah. Creepy, anyways. I don't scare easily, so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask. What it was, it was definitely unsettling, and very engrossing. It reminded me of The Green Mile here and there (both the movie and the book).

I think you managed very well to create that feeling of "slippage"(*) between the real world and the "other side". The Black and White Man was a very nice touch.

The twist in the end with Wilson was unexpected, but definitely very cool.

(and I now have a craving for chips... ;) )

Keep up the good work!

T'eyla

(*) This awesome expression I nicked from Stephen King and Peter Straub's novel "Black House".
Mel chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
This wasn't the first House-in-rehab fic I've ever read. It isn't even the first House-in-fucked-up-rehab story I've read. However, this is without a doubt the best House fics I've read in quite some time in any genre. Considering that I'm (ignore the pun) housebound with a leg injury and can't do much of anything other than read fanfic, that's saying something.

The drifting in and out of reality was brilliantly done. Every new demented scene gave more insight into House's character. The most poignant one, in my opinion, was when House was a Nazi killnig Wilson. Though it is very closely contested with Sasha since she came back in "real life".

Maybe its the vicodin talking (yeah, I know, leg injury, on vicodin, I feel like a regular cliche...) but finding out that Wilson was the devil kind of came out of nowhere. After the initial shock, I think you handled it brilliantly, though.

God, I just want to tell you all of my favorite scenes, but then this review might rival the length of the story, so I'll just mention a few. The conversation between House and the alcoholic girl was brilliant. Before her, I thought that everyone in the place was abused as badly. When you introduced her, it helped clear up why no one found out about the fucked up place in the first place. Another excellent scene was the introduction of the Black-and-White man. Throughout the story, he retained a mystical air that brilliantly set off his odd behaviors. I don't quite know enough theology to figure out who exactly he is. It could be that I'm Jewish and haven't read the New Testament or it could be that I always thought Hebrew school is boring. Either way, I would really like to know who he represents. Even without knowing, you put enough into his character that his purpose as an equilizer between evil and good was clear. Fabulous job with him! Finally, seeing how heartbroken Cuddy was after getting Pod!House back into the hospital was exceptionally done. Cuddy, for all her complaining, loves House just the way he is. Having him enjoy the clinic and doing paperwork and being polite was obviously killing her.

Okay, before I ramble any more I'm going to stop this (probably) annoyingly long review, I just want to say that I LOVED this fic in case it didn't come clear from my singing your praises. It was creepy, twisted, and I loved just about everything about it. I'm off to read everything you've ever written now.

Mel
Sokerchick chapter 16 . 3/25/2007
They said he’s better. Why doesn’t his leg understand?

This is the saddest most poingient line in fic. I absolutely loved this story. At first I wasn't going to read it b/c of the horror factor but it truly was an amazing read.

I hope there's a follow up! Keep writing.
TrooperCam chapter 16 . 3/25/2007
So Wilson is the devil...puts a whole new spin on the Jew is the devil thing doesn't it? Anyways, as with the rest of the chapters this was outdoggonestanding. I think Black and White Man is my favorite NPC ever and really enjoyed how Wilson could touch the lady and make her a pile of goo...seems he has the power over the ladies even without touching them. One of my favorite parts is the Directors commentary at the end. Have you ever thought of taking one of your fics and rewriting it with commentary throughout? Not a MST but more like what you have tacked on at the end. BTW Stuck in the Middle With You is one of my favorite songs and it is because of that clowns to the left of me, jokers to my right line. Permission to shout Bravo at an annoying loud volume...BRAVO
Shadowstar chapter 16 . 3/24/2007
Your big question is "was it scary!" Okay. Well, let me tell you something: I didn't read your whole fic here. In fact, I read chapter 1, chapter 2 and chapter 16. I was so freaked out in chapter 1 that I simply couldn't read the rest- and I needed the final resolution before I could sleep last night. So... yes. Scary, creepy and all that. I think this is probably the first time I've reviewed something without reading the whole thing when it wasn't a poorly written fic. I probably missed a lot of good stuff, but honestly... too freaky for me! Which is what you were trying for, I guess. So... Good job! I should probably try reading it again some time when it's light outside.
HifaLootin chapter 16 . 3/24/2007
I was waiting til this was finished to go in and read the whole thing and...whoa. Read it all in one sitting. What made it scary for me was the fact that it was so frustrating-one of the scariest things to me is not knowing what's real and what's not and there was a /lot/ of that going around in this story. And the fact that no one could even help House...til the end of course. My little bit of criticism is that I didn't really buy Wilson being Satan simply because it came out of left field. I mean, it's not a role I ever thought to cast Wilson in but I think you could make it work better if there was more build-up. I don't think it would damper the surprise because there's so much weird stuff going on anyway. I'd like to be able to go back and read the previous chapters with what I know by the end and go "ohh, that makes sense now!" but it really throws me how Wilson was such a passive phone-caller and visitor while House was being tortured. I'm totally intrigued by Sascha by the way...where does she come in? There might be something I missed there. I'd be interested to know-did you have the end in mind when you started writing it?
EsScaper chapter 16 . 3/23/2007
Of course it was scary! I'm just thrilled to see the bastard of a doctor get his just desserts! I cheered Wilson on as he avenged our beloved House. I wish he could have gone back and given Tritter a shot or two. Imagine his going to the clinic just to watch House suffer...the result of his own actions. Somehow Tritter seemed so much more like Satan than Wilson. What was that, by the way? I mean Wilson as Satan? Then again anything that will give him enough poweer to kill whatever the hell was in that "time-out" room has its merits. I just would have rather have seen him as an angel instead. Michael can certainly kick some ass! ...it was the angel Michael, right? God Sunday school was so very long ago...

Anyway, excellent job, and I can't wait for you to start up another story! You are such an addictive author and being without one of your stories most certainly causes withdrawl.

Esc.
JamiesFanGirl chapter 16 . 3/23/2007
Em...you kind of lost me at "take me with you".

161 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »