Reviews for Tastes Like Green
young dawn chapter 1 . 7/17
I really enjoyed this. You have such a unique style of writing, and I love how you fleshed out their characters over the years. Well done.
Maj-chan chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Thank you. Thank you very much.
littlemsstrawberry chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Love
GeEKy-nERd chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
That had me giggling. I don't see this type of writing style often. I don't even know how to explain it, but it's done well. I love how you portrayed Yuffie. Well done. Keep up the wonderful work.
Dragonist chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
This is kind of the most amazing thing I've read in a really long time.

Frankly, I think I'm still in shock that someone finally managed to write a sixteen year old girl that wasn't all about giggling/fluffy/pointless teenage angst.

And a Vincent that didn't ignore her age but still managed to not come across as a total creep. Or rather, in this case, as a total realist not creep.

I think I'm in love.
KazeCat chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Wow, that was just awesome. I got here over the favorite author's list by a writer on the favorite author's list of one of my favorite authors, and I'm so glad I did!

Your writing style is awesome. Your characterizations are stunning. Everything seems to happen accidentally, but just all falls perfectly into place. I can't seem to describe this... But it's really fantastic, I'm lost for words.

Thank you.
fhobos chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
I love it when a writer takes an ordinary occasion - them sitting in a bar, them sitting at the beach, him sitting by a fire and her coming from wherever -

And just turn it to gold. Half of the pleasure of reading is when I discover amazing writing that just takes me away and I'm left in awe and wondering where the time went.

Thanks a lot for writing this. :)
Raven Crimson chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
You write Yuffie better than Square-Enix could ever dream of. Though this review has come terribly late (wow, years upon years), I just HAVE to say it. You have the best Yuffie out of anyone out there, ever. She HAS grown and matured as evident in DoC (though still as spunky as she can be at 19), but I still envision being at her best the way you write her. You're literally one of the reasons why I fell so in love with her. You brought so much out of her, it was impossible to not love her and see her as the mess of confusion and energy that she is.

Easy fave. Thank you so much.
xxkoffeexx chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Yuffie is CRAZY. Wow. I love how you write her, and I love how she and Vincent work together. I only wish I could read more, being the selfish reader I am. :)
yamikinoko chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Oh wow. The end [before the punchline, anyway] was like, killer. It was so amazingly -them- that I was just in AWE. I honestly hate those stories where, you know, they just straight-up confess to each other. I rather think they'd have to force each other into it somehow, right?

Anyway, this was fantastic. And umm, the last line made it complete and total WIN. :]
MadHatter235 chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
This fanfiction has been my favorite, and I've never gathered up the guts to review it. I'll be turning 18, it's time.

I believe I've read it for the first time in late 2008's, in a melancholically afternoon with Cardigans for background. It made me have an epiphany and cry on my bathroom floor for some serious thirty minutes. I was barely fifteen, feeling all Yuffie-like and proud. It has been one of the most precious parts of my life; chasing yuffentines, that is. I remember how I would always get home from school and eat all alone in front of the screen, and then I'd have some peach flavored tea, because S. Paulo can a be a bitch when it comes to cold sometimes.

Life went by. I think about your fic during most of the times that I find myself at peace, and so very often when I'm coming home by bus. I say it to my boyfriend again and again 'she's a genius, Dante. She changed my way of seeing the world'. You are, indeed, genius. And thank you so very much for that.

I'm seventeen now, and writing it down like this, it seems so short, but it felt so long. I'll get to be seventeen for a couple of weeks more, and then it'll be over. Thanks for making these years of my life so adventurous and fantasia-like. Yuffentine has a special feeling to me.

Thanks for 'Tastes Like Green'. I'll turn eighteen and make you proud, you'll see. And then I'll be twenty-seven, when all is said and done, and I'll think about your story then. And maybe I'll come back and drop another review. This story is now so deep into my soul it is a part of me, and I'm really really sorry for stealing it from you.

m. hatter

~08/20/2010
ten.thousand.spoons chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Some of the most well-written fluff I've seen in a long time. Thank you. Also: 9.9.
nightdhade chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
this story made me lol

a lot

"I have a penis" epic

"didnosaur legs" epic lol

I just laughed my way through that whole story, you make yuffie an awesome badas ninja chick, and vincent a hot vampire emo

...

I like vampires and emos
Moiranne Rose chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Okay, y'know what? This story just rocks. Rocks like...rock music and pebbles and jamming on my guitar to lameass 2003 songs. Yeah. That's about right.

It's not just the tone, or the pace, or the flawless way you worked those words to make me feel "That's Yuffie" and "THAT'S SO SAD DAMMIT" even though 'Yuffie' and 'SO SAD DAMMIT' are hardly synonymous. Except for maybe the DAMMIT.

It was this line that totally sold it for me.

""... time," he says, and he tips her to the ground and he kisses her.

"I hate what you do to me," he says, and he kisses her.

"I hate what you turn me into," he says, and he kisses her.

"I hate what you want," he says, and he kisses her: he kisses her, he kisses her, he tastes like green and he is kissing her until she is weightless and sudden and shocked."

Lines. Fine.

There isn't exactly logic to it, the way the words just splay themselves out and describe snippets here and there that a normal fic would just bulldoze through and describe with paragraphs of sub-standard shmuck. But that's what's fantastic about this. There IS no logic, because this IS Yuffie. This is the nonsensical rambling ninja that just swept off her feet and snogged by the most tragically tragic pseudo-vampire that walked this planet.

I love you and this piece and the fact that I've just sold my soul to join the Yuffentine clan. Oh shenanigan.

Love and Cookies,

MR

["I'm not. I do love you, you know, Vinnie Valentine. I love you love you love you."

"Yes," - and he smiles, and he breaks her heart with it, just softly. "I was once seventeen."

This is pretty goldarn awesome as well. Just sayin'.]
agewa chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Oh my.

First and foremost: thank you so much for this story!

I'm so very in love with your Yuffie, the way you write her - so totally off the bat and so, so lovely.

Your prose is brilliant... I'm new to the fandom, but what I had read so far was rather disappointing in quality - and I'm just so happy there are such amazing authors like you writing FFVII fanfiction.

Thank you!