Reviews for The Likeness of Twilight Lost
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 6 . 12/17/2012
Elves have that kind of time :)
Elfinabottle chapter 6 . 7/21/2011
I put Celeborn and Arwen into the search feature and was rewarded with this lovely story. I thought your characterization of Celeborn in particular was very good. It brought home just how long he has lived and how much he's gone through. I truly enjoyed this; thank you for sharing it.
Danielle chapter 6 . 4/18/2011
Beautiful and poignant. Your explanation for Celeborn remaining behind in ME when Galadriel sailed never occurred to me before. Next time I re-read the books, I will also look for the differences between Arwen and Luthien's characters.
Oleanne chapter 6 . 4/17/2011
A wonderful and poignant story. I love your portrayal of Celeborn!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 6 . 4/17/2011
*sniff, sniff* Wow. What a perfect and poignant ending! So emotional! And realsitic! And well-written! :D Brava!
lunawannabe chapter 5 . 4/16/2011
I really really loved this. I love the idea; no one writes Arwen and Celeborn fics, it was so nice and intresting to see this. I think lots of people think he's boring. I'm guilty of that sometimes. But you've given him such a nice personality. I really like how you go between the times, and the time changes flow so nicely together. You can sense Celeborn's memories in what he says to Atwen, an it adds so much depth to the entire thing. This whole thing flows nicely, and I like how you write the formal language without letting it get in the way of what you're trying to say.

I like how you've witten Arwen and Luthien, as so strong and dignified while still being real with real personalites. While still talking formally. It's so cool!

Chapter four was awesome. I always love "going back to the begninning" types of things.

Something I'm not crazy about is you putting astrikses around some sentences; they kind of break up the dialogue, and I think you can totally write emphasis better, or mind-talking, if that's what you're going for. If it's the latter, it's kind of unclear, and I don't think it's really that needed.

Overall, this is super lovely. Really nice job.

Luna
The Pearl Maiden chapter 5 . 4/16/2011
That ending just about sent me into hysterical weeping. Wow...this fic is beyond words; beautiful!
Danielle chapter 5 . 4/16/2011
I've been following this story but wasn't sure what I felt about it, possibly because I am much less familiar with "The Silmarillion" and the full details of where Celeborn was during the Luthien story.

But I found Chapter 4 powerful and moving. Arwen's bitterness when Aragorn dies is subtly foreshadowed. Celeborn and Galadriel's strengthening of their life force was a fascinating element to add. It felt like one of those "oh, yes" moments that are not necessarily referred to explicitly in the books but with hindsight, seem like obvious interpretations.

I was also particularly touched by the moment when Arwen realises her grandparents were no less pained by her choice than her father, but perhaps hid it better. An insight into Elrond's character, and into the dynamics of different levels of family relationships perhaps.

I had also never picked up on the common misunderstanding about who Celeborn was referring to in his final words to Aragorn. Your interpretation is plausible and at some point, I will check it out in the books for my own satisfaction. But it makes sense, because I always though Celeborn's words strange, since he had the option to sail and I don't remember any suggestion that he did not do so eventually.
RS1 chapter 3 . 4/5/2011
I'm so glad that you've continued this story and that the draft is done. That means that we will see an ending and not an unfinished story, yay!

I love your take on Celeborn's and Arwen's relationship. I'm quite interested to see Celeborn's POV in this matter. I'm really enjoying this.

***"We were both afraid you would leap down from any tree in Caras Galadhon and slaughter him!"** Priceless!

Can't wait for the next installment.
Greenscarfgirl chapter 2 . 4/2/2011
Awesome story!
Saffron Blade chapter 2 . 3/25/2011
I like the sense of compare and contrast that you've created by switching back and forth. I definitely like the glimpses of Doriath. Not enough is written about the first age, so I'm really curious to read how you expand on it.

The thing I like the most is that this is a definitely a Celeborn story. I'm glad because he's the intriguing elf but so often ignored! So I can't wait to read what you do next.

Cheers..
Oleanne chapter 2 . 3/13/2011
I enjoyed your portrayal of Celeborn and his wise words to a grown Arwen. The flashbacks between Luthien and Arwen in the prologue were very well done. To lose such beloved kin - a cousin and a Granddaughter who bears the same likeness - that alone must have brought such sorrow. Thanks for the tale.
Emma chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
OMG, the elflings are so adorable! I love stories that feature Arwen and Luthien, as there are so few of them. PLEASE continue this story!
wellthatdepends chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
aw, little Arwen is adorable :D

Good start, well written. I rather enjoyed your portrayel of Celeborn.

Look forward to reading more.
KsandraMallan chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
I *love* Arwen as an elfling! She is so adorable! And sugary sweetness wasn't OD-ed- it's a nice break from angst and blood.

Keep it up!