Reviews for Starting from Scratch
WolfDaughter chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
I found this fic rather entertaining. Just wanted to mention a slight correction to your Chinese translation (at least so far as I know, I am not remotely fluent). "Tuesday" in Chinese is "xingqi'er" so I think what you have is just "Holy testicle". Grammatically speaking I have no idea if it should come before or after shensheng de gaowan.
OMGimprocrastinating chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
A wonderful read :)
lilykep chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
I adore this story and would love to see more from this verse. Perhaps a sequel?
RevDorothyL chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this. If you're ever inspired to write a sequel, I'll be extremely grateful.
Topher3.0 chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
This is an AMAZING story. No lie, this is my favorite thing on this site, as of now. :D Everyone is so in character. It wasn't hard picturing River as a Slayer. It made sense. And I loved how you added in River reading minds, the random thoughts were hilarious at times. Illyria and Spike were well written, as was Lorne. River was fun to read of too. The point of views were spectacular. Illyria is hard to write for, in POV, but you pulled it off greatly. My only question is: How did Spike and Illyria get enough money to pay Mal?
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
That was awesome. Loved the banter between Jayne and Illyria, and Spike's comment about seeing her

I'm glad meeting them made things easier for River, and that she was able to return the favor by helping Spike. I'd love a sequel. Thanks for posting.

-Ellie
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
I think you captured Firefly and Angel character very good.

It was interesting to see Spike and River bonding, and I was laughing at Jayne's reaction on Illyria.

This surely deserves a sequel!
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Wonderful. You capture their voices well.
TreacherousPie chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Dude, THE END! What about spike and River? And Leery and Jayne (Rofl-ed over that, by the way). Are spike and Ilyria going to set up Angel Investigation's again, what?

Please continue, PLEASE!
slr2moons chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
This was so wonderfully in character, I really must salute you. I enjoyed every minute. :D My favorite scene has to be when Jayne was asking Illyria about her clothes, and River points out that no, no one else is wondering how she takes them off. That was hilarious. And Illyria kindly demonstrating how she DOES undress was great. So was Jayne's reaction. "Her hair is natural. (It's hot but it ain't normal.)" Hahahah! XD

Spike and River "dancing" was a lovely touch, and I really like the idea of River being the Slayer. Very nice. Thank you, BTW, for not killing off my fave character, namely Spike. V.V I was definitely cheering for Illyria when she ripped the gunmen apart. Her and Spike's strange need for each other was handled well, and added some good depth to the story. As well as the sort-of-kinship between Spike and River. If you ever continue this, I hope you can give us more of this lovely interraction.

Squeeing aside, I didn't spot any typos or grammatical errors, though I admit I did burn through it rather quickly. (sheepish smile) POV shifts are just fine when they are handled well, which you've done here. It is very clear who is telling the story when. I do find it interesting that you chose to write Illyria in the present tense, and italicized all her scenes. It makes her moments stand out and seem rather odd and stilted, which fits her character.

I do have one teeny question...how did Spike and Illyria know Lorn was in this dimension, and how to find him?

Good job, I enjoyed your fic muchly. Or rather it was very shiny. Thank you for sharing it! -s2m, who tends to write long reviews (another sheepish smile)
random girl chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
I really liked this. It was well written, and the characters were believable and fun to observe. Good job!
Gamine Madcap chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Interesting. I like the idea of River being a Slayer. Great story. Hope to see more from you soon!
DayScream chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
I Love this. Any more on the way?
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
I liked it.
samson28 chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
Wonderful story! Very much enjoyed their futuristic adventure. :)