Reviews for Enlightenment
cidkemgl chapter 1 . 10/6/2017
Excellent story.
Kanna37 chapter 1 . 2/23/2015
I just wanted to drop you a review as another author, one who is appreciative of several facets of your writing. First, for this one-shot I absolutely loved your explanation of what exactly the guru meant on the whole 'letting go' subject. I kind of wrote something similar, although you expressed it better and more clearly than I did, so kudos!

Secondly, I just wanted to express my pleasure in finding another native English speaker that actually knows how to write it correctly. All of my fans know how much of a pet peeve of mine it is that so many of today's youth do NOT know how to use the language in the right way. Spelling, grammar, punctuation... I have been described as a grammar nazi, and while I find the nomenclature a bit disconcerting as I do have Jewish blood, its meaning is accurate in my case, I do have to admit. This said, I'd like to extend my congratulations on your skill with words - I find it hard to believe that you aren't a professional author. With your technical skill with the language and your excellent - and apparently prolific - imagination, you very well could be. (Especially as you are also a mother. I know from experience that having children is a time-consuming job, and so having the time to write in such beautiful detail can be difficult.)

And third, I wanted to give a nod to another fan of David Eddings. He is my absolute most favorite author of all time. I've never read another writer who could describe his characters in such depth and with so much beautiful detail that he almost seems to be writing about real people he knows. His characterizations are just the best I've ever read - and I've read a great deal in my years... including the dictionary and an entire set of encyclopedias, to my family's amused horror, I have to admit. I was greatly heartbroken when he passed away in 2009. (Also, I wanted to ask if you'd ever read one of his last works, written in collab with his wife, called The Redemption of Althalus. It was excellent, a stand-alone novel with just as much detail and depth as his several series. If you haven't, it would be well worth your time.)

Anyway, I'll stop chattering your eyes off, as I'm sure you have better things to be doing with your day than reading a novel-length review!

Sincere regards,

Amber
Guest chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
This was beautiful. Why didn't I find you and your beautiful way of painting a picture through words before?
I thought Katara was going to confess since she nearly lost him, maybe she did whisper into his ear when he had his eyes closed and she waited for him to return to her, holding onto hope
TwilightPrncss chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
:) that is the best quote in the finale, and the oneshot is cute ;)
thebloodfiend chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
boring action less mushy more toph sarcasm at seductive flirting
Sakae Kashiwagi chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
I want some onion banana juice. But anyway, really liked your interpretation of Aang having to 'let go' of Katara. I hope they explain it like that in the show.
LUKBY chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
kataang my first favorite couple .
smc1214 chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
That was one of my favorite lines from the finale too! Although my favorite is by Aang "What? Why would I let go of Katara? I...I...I love her. I really liked this story, it explained so much! I also think Iroh was right in that tunnel. Aang should listen to Iroh, not Guru Pathick. Although, I am hoping that what you said in the story is what the Guru meant, I really liked this story!
TinkerTodo chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
Good fanfic.

Great explaination.

Kataang still survives.

This is going on the fav. list.
Kumori Doragon chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
lol. I loved the Sokka and Iroh lines too. I believe your interpretation could actually... be something. I mean, it makes sense. Since I'm not Mike or Bryan, I obviously can't say what /will/ happen, but that sounds like the best theory I have heard/read so far. And believe me, I have spent amny hours reading/hearing many different theorys. Personally, I think Katara confessed a little too quick, but I understand that the main part of the story was the conversation with the Guru. Anyway, kudos on a great, orignal idea.

KD
charleegirl chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Wow! that is like so fitting, you have thought about it and you have come up with the most perfect solution! I have read like a week worth of fic updates today and none of them put a dent on this good job! your so good! Boomeraang for sure lol cool quote :)
Durins Bane chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Nice. My interpretations are almost the same, except I believe that Aang's 7th chakra has been reclosed. That could be it, or it could still be open, because Aang did not hug Katara back in the very end. I also think that Aang didn't have to let go of Katara, just stop loving her until he had defeated the Fire Lord Ozai. Oh well, I'll just have to wait until March to see what happens.
wtrbender chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
That was awesome! .

I wont ask you to continue because this is all this story needs to make it great.
kataang93 chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
That was WONBDEFUL, and make perfect sense as to what actually happened when Aang opened that final chakra! Gotta show this to my friends!
cloudmonet chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
A beautiful story, and no, there's no reason to go any farther. You've done what you set out to do, which is to show what happens next for Aang and Katara, and reconcile the apparent contradictions in Pathik's teachings.

Your story seems to be a favorite at Kataang Forever! You may want to drop by and say hello.