Reviews for Plague
An Escaped Rabbit chapter 1 . 2/9
Ring Around the Rosie is a rhyme about the black plague! I liked this.
Individual Narrative chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
I liked this, it's a nice drabble. So, Plague because Ring Around the Rosie (quoted at the end) is about the black plague? Which, by the way, is so disturbing. I do not understand why people still teach kids that song. Ew.
Arwenia chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
You name this Plague?
I feel like the magic as a whole is a plague itself. Destroying everything in its noble path for self-preservation. At the end there are wars over and over again, people dying instead of living, instead of understanding each other.
If you understand me... ... If someone saw the future Voldemort destroying everything, why not compromise in the beginning? Why not listen. Why resist?

Is bitter satisfaction so worth it?

Good one chop! :D
Lanari chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
You sneaky girl you! Using ring around the rosey. 3 Plague song though it may be. Bubonic plague too, sneaky sneaky.
unique0987654321 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
ring around the rosie is a nursery song about the black plague! It ends with ashes ashes we all fall down, signifying the massive amount of death the black plague caused in which can be comparable to the losses in the war. Your saying voldemort's reign is like the black plague!
TheNonDePlume chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
i believe the title comes from the use of some of the phrases from ring around the Rosie at the end of the one shot which is said to describe the black plague. Also, with that in mind I can infer that a plague went through the wizarding world and killed many while blinding harry.
Monsieur Opera Ghost chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Very dark stuff. I like it, though.
xDarklightx chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
It's different.
hA-UkA chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
The limes 'Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.' comes form a rhyme children sung during the Black Plague about how it killed so many despite all the protections people tried such as carrying plants that were supposed to ward of disease like posies.
DeathsRedMinstrel chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
M... The verse at the end gave me a very good idea of the origin of the title.

The Black Plague perhaps?

-smirk-

At least some kind of virulent illness that killed everyone off.
LadyWolfRider chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
was it the bubanic plague
zafaran chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
My guess as the source for "Plague" in the title is Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet", and the line "...A plague on *Both* your houses..." {plays with Google for a moment...} Ah, here it is, Mercutio's death scene.

Mercutio:

I am hurt.

A plague a' both your houses! I am sped.

Is he gone and hath nothing?

-Romeo And Juliet Act 3, scene 1, 90–92

Nicely done story. I hope your schedule and muse will allow you to write and post more chapters on more stories sometime soon. Keep up the good work. Zafaran {mailto:} zafaran {at} fastmail {dot} fm
Inscribson chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
My guess is that Harry and Hermione developed a bio-weapon to unleash upon all of the DEs and Voldie, but it mutated and attacked everyone magical.

Either that or Harry's magic in the final confrontation somehow lashed out at everyone and infected them with a bit of...erh...something fatal?
Neurotic Cat Goddess chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
oh the title is because of the last quote, from ring around the roses, which is about the black death, right?

you are a great writer. your stories are sad but really powerful.
rayray chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
o crap! someone else said it b4 me! now theres no proof i really knew it. darn it!