Reviews for Somewhere in Between
Guest chapter 22 . 2/16/2015
Loved it!
Guest chapter 8 . 12/22/2014
Omgsh! Usually I wait till the end to write a review but this is too good! I've genuinely laughed out loads but feel the sincerity of the conflict it's really good!
MorbidDramaMaker chapter 22 . 11/19/2014
Thank you so much for sharing. This deserves 1000 reviews.
AnimeGirl45xoxo chapter 22 . 11/16/2014
Ahhhh! Wait what a ending! NO! WRITE MORE!
missmusician14 chapter 9 . 10/16/2014
No matter how many times I reread this story it makes me just as pleased as the first time. The writing is fantastic, the characters are witty, and above all everyone is believable. The line about sprinkling sunshine just made me laugh out loud Again, so I just had to review.
Guest chapter 22 . 9/29/2014
*screams in agony until I get to read more*
ladyjane025 chapter 22 . 8/15/2014
Yes more please! Loved it, well written.
cocoa.choco.sprinkles chapter 22 . 8/1/2014
**SPOILERS ABOUND** Readers, continue on with that in mind.

Well, that was fun. I read it all in one sitting, so you did capture my attention. I really enjoyed your ability to write all the political problems and details of being a monarch. I think with your knowledge of the servants, private quarters, and all the stupid etiquette crap you have to know to be royalty... it really created a picture without going so into detail that it overtook the story.

It's a story that doesn't start in a unique way: Katara marrying Zuko for the balance of the world has been done, but they say the devil is in the details. That's where you made it up. I wasn't expecting the setting to be so far in the future with everyone much older. I also wasn't expecting Zuko to have already been married or for Mai to be dead. Her illness irked me. Not that it isn't impossible, and I guess in a way she was listless, but her dying like that seemed a smidgeon OOC. That being said, I thought having kids would be an annoying bother, but you actually made it doable and totally a believable reason for adult Katara to get sucked up into the cause. I could realistically see her using them as a security blanket and also as her first ties to Zuko and the Fire Nation.

Which by the way, I loved that they didn't get along initially. Ha ha. Even if they are adults, old habits die hard. And it was fun reading that. I also loved Katara's snarkiness. Probably the line about Zuko looking like an angry red pine tree (not an exact quote) was my favorite. That had me laughing. But also her and Sokka joking about him being incompetent early on in the story, and one of my favorite lines from Iroh was his reply to Katara asking how he knew all the right things to say. "By saying the wrong things first" or something to that effect. Ha ha. That was great. Very Iroh-like. Wise, simple, humble, and filled with good humor.

My only issues with the story are the pacing. I think the development of romance could be your weak point, or perhaps I just see only one type of romance and the fault is in my mind as a reviewer. At any rate, I totally believe the two as solid "partners", as Zuko called Katara. I think that's an EXCELLENT description of it. I however hoped that there would be a little more development-emotionally-along those lines. It left me wanting. Internally, I was thinking of sort of a Mr. Rochester set-up, where he cared all along and that was revealed more. That being said, I don't really see adult Zuko as super mushy, and if he ever did have that capability... I just feel like it's sort of out of use and he would have to be extremely comfortable with the person before he was that vulnerable. After all he is rather an awkward turtle-duck. Heh heh. Your take on the romance wasn't unappreciated, though. It's refreshing to see them written as partners; a team. I liked that and it seems very cannon to me given how they were at the ending of the series.

I also thought the pacing of the major plot points regarding the intrigue was a little rushed too. I was in the dark for a while over who was behind the attacks, but you tipped your hand immediately in the chapter when you had Katara talking to Iroh in the dining room over it. I don't know if that was your intention or not, but I immediately thought of Jet. Then I second-guessed myself and wondered if maybe it could have been some other apprentice of his.

The fighting scenes were good. I liked how Katara used her water to channel the lighting. That was clever and well-written.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Thank you for writing and completing a story. That's appreciated.

Also, I totally feel that Aang does deserve a break and I could see him doing something like taking some time off to meditate or chase butterflies or whatever it is Airbending Avatars do after tirelessly working for so many years, so good idea there.

CCS
Guest chapter 22 . 5/29/2014
OH MAN SOOOOO GOOD I READ THIS IN LIKE 2
Dayssssss oh lord. Alsoooo is this gonna continue? Cuz that would be good!
stars chapter 22 . 3/23/2014
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :') you have created the BEST ZUTARA STORY EVER! Kudos, you are a fantastic writer :)
DeletedUser0010020003000 chapter 13 . 3/13/2014
Aw, poooor Katara, I'm excited to read on!
DeletedUser0010020003000 chapter 9 . 3/12/2014
hahahahaha!
DeletedUser0010020003000 chapter 8 . 3/12/2014
I loved their therapy sessions! lololol :)
DeletedUser0010020003000 chapter 5 . 3/12/2014